Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Heres one of the questions in my mock exam. Can get 100% now. Practiced a few times. There was just a couple I was stuck on.

Patrick is a self-employed portrait photographer. He uses a computer for editing images., writing letters, andmanaging his cash.flow, but he's never used a database. Now he's planning to send a "mail merge" letter out to a number of local companies to try and drum up business. He'd prefer not to use a database to store the names and addresses, so what would you suggest he use instead? Choose your answer from below.

• His image editing software. He's familiar with it, and it probably includes a facility for entering text.
  • A spreadsheet would be a good alternative, and he probably akready uses one to manage his cash-flow
  • If he wants to store information, he'll have to learn how to use a database.
  • The most efficient approach would be to create multiple copies of the letter himself, without using a "mail merge" feature.

I was told at 3.45 yesterday that I had to work 12.30 to 8.30 this evening after being told all week that I wasn't needed.

Sitting here doing SFA. Absolutely busted myself in the gym this morning though.

Clean and jerks are zero craic.

Got a mock exam this morning. Depending how I do I should be doing the proper one Wednesday. Fairly confident. It's seeing what a person knows about what applications and software to use to improve the functioning of a company. Like finding out what the objective is consider options then choosing the right one. Even if I pass I doubt I have the business tohave a career in IT. Apart from my age I mean. A lot of my answers will be from what I learnt going through modules a few times not experience

Anyway will soon be over. Don't know if I will take another. I have to put my time into finding a job now. I'll see how my job hunting goes over the next ouple of months.

Dont suppose anyone has researched the influence of kids on parental purchase decisions have they???? lol.

Im onto my third deadline in a week and a half and mentally exhausted and I need another 500 words worth of research and quotes from somewhere :(.

Not too bad. Went to LearnDirect for a ECDL mock test. It was bloody hard. First part was the presentation and I got stuck on inserting a logo on the master slide then applying to all but the title one. If you put it on the master it automatically goes on the others and I could not remember how to get round this. Did them individually in the end.

Second part was a letter and I was stuck on setting up mail merge.

Not quie finished the third part this one I got stuck when I had to work out a formula for subtraacting two dates to get the number of days difference. I asked for help just before 5 o'oclock. Turns out i should have jus changed the date to a genseral number.

Got to go in tomorrow to finish it off. Got a graph to do to show the waiting time.

I think only those that have done this will know what I am on about. Maybe not even them.

I went to the paint show today, got a load of freebies but I won't bore you with that. I entered a painting competition around 11 O'Clock when I got there to win a Timberland jacket and £250 worth of kit. When I left at 3 O'Clock I was still in the lead the competition closed at 4 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :fc:

I went to the paint show today, got a load of freebies but I won't bore you with that. I entered a painting competition around 11 O'Clock when I got there to win a Timberland jacket and £250 worth of kit. When I left at 3 O'Clock I was still in the lead the competition closed at 4 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :fc:

What do u paint?

You’ve just give me a cracking idea Webbo

I’m going to organise a painting competition, and get a bunch of decorators at work redecorating my house.

Perhaps I’ll give each them a wall each to paint ( including the skirting dado and cornice of course) and when it’s all done I’ll judge who’s done the best job .

I’ll give the winner a 250 quid jacket and save myself about a grand on the cost of a full going over

Look out for entry details soon :thumbup:

Well done !!

You’ve just give me a cracking idea Webbo

I’m going to organise a painting competition, and get a bunch of decorators at work redecorating my house.

Perhaps I’ll give each them a wall each to paint ( including the skirting dado and cornice of course) and when it’s all done I’ll judge who’s done the best job .

I’ll give the winner a 250 quid jacket and save myself about a grand on the cost of a full going over

Look out for entry details soon :thumbup:

Well done !!

We'll all be whistling to each other "what a tight git" and "have you seen their curtains?"

9.30 Coffee morning meeting Citizens Eye.

10.30 Visit to Val to cancel appointment that clashed with IT course.

11.00 came home sent CV off to two agencies.

12.40 Visit to job centre to sign on. No change in circumstances. Meeting lasted 2-3 minutes.

12.50 Searched through machines at job centre. First three did not work. No printing available/out of paper/could not advance on screen.

13.10 Corned beef sarnies in Age Concern restaurant.

!4:00 IT course went through mock test again. Booked in tomorrow to finish it and Thursday for the real thing.

17:00 came home., stopping off at Sainsbury's for a pint of milk.

18:00-present : Checking to see if there are any interesting posts. I reserve judgement as to whether there are or not..

My life is full of excitement as you can see. :frusty:

Edited by Nightguard

Would have been my dads birthday today but he died of cancer in April,was fine bought my mum some flowers,she was fine also.Picked the kids up from mums and they wanted to go to his grave 5 mins away,which was nice.so there we were pitch black,tripping over in a cemetery with the kids singing happy birthday to some earth,i was laughing all the way back to the car,hoping no one saw us!

• Like 3