Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Would have been my dads birthday today but he died of cancer in April,was fine bought my mum some flowers,she was fine also.Picked the kids up from mums and they wanted to go to his grave 5 mins away,which was nice.so there we were pitch black,tripping over in a cemetery with the kids singing happy birthday to some earth,i was laughing all the way back to the car,hoping no one saw us!

That's nice your dad would of loved it.

I went to the paint show today, got a load of freebies but I won't bore you with that. I entered a painting competition around 11 O'Clock when I got there to win a Timberland jacket and £250 worth of kit. When I left at 3 O'Clock I was still in the lead the competition closed at 4 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :fc:

Won it :cool:

Pretty good. Passed my ECDL. Did the last test which was in two parts. Got 97% in the first (36 Questions) and 83% in the second part )12 questions) I think the subject is random Word-processing, spreadsheets or presentation. All mine was on presentation (powerpoint) Found the first part straight forward but the second part was a multi choice type and I thought some were not so easy. I could eliminate all but two on some and went for the one that I thought was more likely. Must have been a couple lucky guesses. Had to pass both. Would have been a real bummer to fail on the last section by a couple of percent. I get my certificate in 2-3 weeks. Something to put on my CV although it's not needed for unskilled work like cleaning. It's personal for me.

A lso visited train station to pick up an application form for a Senior Railcard. 60 is not an age I thought about years back. Going Lake District Saturday. My brother bought the train tickets. First Class Leicester to Derby and Crewe to Penrith and normal Derby to Crewe. He told me First Class was the better deal. Not sure how much I can log on here. Leave just after one so will miss the match..

Congrats mate. :thumbup:

Pretty good. Passed my ECDL. Did the last test which was in two parts. Got 97% in the first (36 Questions) and 83% in the second part )12 questions) I think the subject is random Word-processing, spreadsheets or presentation. All mine was on presentation (powerpoint) Found the first part straight forward but the second part was a multi choice type and I thought some were not so easy. I could eliminate all but two on some and went for the one that I thought was more likely. Must have been a couple lucky guesses. Had to pass both. Would have been a real bummer to fail on the last section by a couple of percent. I get my certificate in 2-3 weeks. Something to put on my CV although it's not needed for unskilled work like cleaning. It's personal for me.

A lso visited train station to pick up an application form for a Senior Railcard. 60 is not an age I thought about years back. Going Lake District Saturday. My brother bought the train tickets. First Class Leicester to Derby and Crewe to Penrith and normal Derby to Crewe. He told me First Class was the better deal. Not sure how much I can log on here. Leave just after one so will miss the match..

Congrats Ken, all that work paid off. Have a good one on Saturday :thumbup:

:trumpet:

:thumbup:

:thumbsup:

I was surprised that I didn't have to queue in Sainsbury's today and a nice Boots lady offered to give me a photo frame as a reward for my honesty - I'd ordered two and they delivered two boxes of six, so I returned them to my local Boots store and was offered the freebie there. I won the British Grand Prix in the wet, too. A good day, overall, I think.

During my free periods my Girlfriend received a call from her Mum in tears explaining how her uncle was in hospital. The man has an addiction to alcohol, so my presumption was that his liver had packed. Got down to the A&E and his face was all disfigured.

Apparently he'd been off alcohol and starved it. He had a blackout in the doctors surgery while signing on for a rehabilitation class (the irony!), fallen and smashed his face up.

He's fine and just needs his features sorted and they'll throw in some rehab to make sure it doesn't happen again.

What angered me if anything, is that he's abused alcohol so much that he's now in this state. I know it's a demon an all, but that just screams a lack of self discipline to me. He's now wasting the time of hospital staff and resources for something that could have been prevented. It's just a case of uneducation on his part. His Dad, my Girlfriend's Grandad made a comment along the lines of "my Dad drunk more than that, and he never ended up like this", and that just did it for me. I know we don't make assumptions in this modern society, but I couldn't believe the ignorance presented from the generations behind the bed curtain! Complete unawareness of the affects of alcohol and it was a real eye opener.

My brother phoned to say my other brother from Leicester was going up lake District and can take me. Not too worried I never paid for the tickets but just spent a mad hour soreting out what I'm taking. Being picked up 9.30 instead of catyching a 1pm train. No time to get my senior railcard. Wrapped some xmas presents up. Well I say xmas presents, they are DVD's from my collection They are mostly these collection type. 3 in one Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes for my mum and some awful B horror films Bella Lagrosi/Vincent Price. Bought presents are out this year. My nephews got the Beach Girls/Cave Girl that I posted in the bad film thread. and Cyborg one and two.

Was that the redeemer thing?

I was in town about midnight and every second person was asking me where it was. I must look like a tour guide. I love Brendan off coach trip.

Yeah it was redeemer, on belgrave gate.

Redeemer is awful, lol.

It's what used to be Ret. But it's pretty much always dead these days.

Not really cool, unless you actually like fat goth girls in too-small corsets.

lol !

Was that the redeemer thing?

I was in town about midnight and every second person was asking me where it was. I must look like a tour guide. I love Brendan off coach trip.

**** me I was steaming last night. No spelling mistakes though, well done drunk me.

Thanks sober me.