Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Had an argument with my Sociology teacher and she go soo pissed off! We were talking about social policy and i used how the Coalition are cutting child benefit for those who have somebody a parent earning a certain amount a year. She said i was wrong and it was family tax credits that were being cut and not child benefit. I told her i was certain child benefit was being cut and she started getting really angry because i'd mentioned how my we had been through it with our Economics teacher last year and she claimed i believed him over her because he was a man :crylaugh:

She literally just walked out the lesson 5 mins early and said she had duty or something! Must have been gutted when she googled it. Had parents evening tonight too so that was a laugh!

Fondly remember those, especially Year 12

That's not looking too good. :/

Not a fan of sharing my problems with other people because I'd feel hypocritical (after often moaning in the past about others who feel the need to let everyone know about theirs). But yeah, suffice to say that little emoticon is depressingly apt at the moment. Just need quite a few big changes to happen soon I guess.

Oh and I suppose Foxestalk does also offer a reassuring degree of anonymity in my case, as far as I'm aware...

Edited by lcfcadam

Not a fan of sharing my problems with other people because I'd feel hypocritical (after often moaning in the past about others who feel the need to let everyone know about theirs). But yeah, suffice to say that little emoticon is depressingly apt at the moment. Just need quite a few big changes to happen soon I guess.

Oh and I suppose Foxestalk does also offer a reassuring degree of anonymity in my case, as far as I'm aware...

I could say, "life's too short", "chin up", "there's plenty more fish in the sea" or any other such banal-drivel if it'd help... but it won't. :/

Although it sounds trite, time is a pretty good healer, though.

I could say, "life's too short", "chin up", "there's plenty more fish in the sea" or any other such banal-drivel if it'd help... but it won't. :/

Although it sounds trite, time is a pretty good healer, though.

Mmm, in this instance time going past is actually a bad thing because I keep realising that yet another month has gone past without me having been able to sort out Problem A or Problem B or Problem C etc. In some ways practical problems are probably preferable to emotional ones because at least they don't tend to leave you with that empty feeling in the pit of your stomach (horribly soppy description but entirely accurate). But a combination of both can leave you feeling really pretty helpless.

Anyway this is sounding dreadfully pathetic and not really in an appropriate place at all! I'm sure I'll work things out eventually, just got to accept being a bit miserable in the mean time I guess.

A nice comfortable win on Saturday afternoon might not do too much harm either...

Mmm, in this instance time going past is actually a bad thing because I keep realising that yet another month has gone past without me having been able to sort out Problem A or Problem B or Problem C etc. In some ways practical problems are probably preferable to emotional ones because at least they don't tend to leave you with that empty feeling in the pit of your stomach (horribly soppy description but entirely accurate). But a combination of both can leave you feeling really pretty helpless.

Anyway this is sounding dreadfully pathetic and not really in an appropriate place at all! I'm sure I'll work things out eventually, just got to accept being a bit miserable in the mean time I guess.

A nice comfortable win on Saturday afternoon might not do too much harm either...

:flowers:

I`m sure all the FT community wishes you well.

Edited by WTF BBQ

:kissing:

Edited by FoxyPV

Ok Age concern writers Club then Journalist course. Had a speaker in talking about editing videos. Laptops were handed round and we used Ivideo which is a Mac App. Got home and tried editing a video I shot back in October when the Leicester Speaks week was on. I needed to get rid of about 6 minutes when I left my camera running. I used the Windows movie and I think I improved the sound and added a title. Not brilliant but it may do for now to put on YouTube.

How would I export it there? Can I import from the YouTube page? I do have an account if I remember username and password. I can edit at another time if I need to.

Had two letters in the post. One from the Job Centre to say that I will be assesed next tweek as to my fitness to work and if I qualify for any disability allowance. I do ache a bit and it could get worse by next Tuesday.

The other letter was from the SIA reminding me my license will be due next March. It costs around £200 and there is no way I can afford to renew it while on JSA. So come March I will have to remove security off my job searches. You normally need an in date one at the time of applying for jobs and I am sure I cannot get one through the JSA.

Edited by Nightguard