Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Pretty good, I got a free copy of Of Fossils and Foxes today as my wife cleans the house of an ex-director of LCFC. Ok, so it's the 2001 edition, but I've never read it and it will still have 95% of City's history in it (and I can pretty much remember all the recent history anyway.)

Pretty good, I got a free copy of Of Fossils and Foxes today as my wife cleans the house of an ex-director of LCFC. Ok, so it's the 2001 edition, but I've never read it and it will still have 95% of City's history in it (and I can pretty much remember all the recent history anyway.)

getting a copy of that for christmas, can't wait to get stuck in to it.

Edited by ajthefox

Could be getting better. Just had a call from a job agency. They have vacancies for street cleaners. Said I have to go and see them to be inducted then start on Monday. I would have preferred to start in the new year but if I get some money coming in after Christmas before DD come out I don't mind.

Supposed I'd better spruce myself up. It's not an interview so I don't have to sell myself.

Not sure how long it's for or if it's permanent part time or full time.. Will have to search for some paperwork now ID etc.

The work is in Beaumont Leys area.

Could be getting better. Just had a call from a job agency. They have vacancies for street cleaners. Said I have to go and see them to be inducted then start on Monday. I would have preferred to start in the new year but if I get some money coming in after Christmas before DD come out I don't mind.

Supposed I'd better spruce myself up. It's not an interview so I don't have to sell myself.

Not sure how long it's for or if it's permanent part time or full time.. Will have to search for some paperwork now ID etc.

Hope it all works out mate :)

Yes me too. Maybe fulltime. Could be the market area but I know where the depot is. Worked there as a security guard. Never saw the foot roadsweepers though only the machines. They started about 4am. The others may have started after I finished. If i do OK they may make it regular. With agencies the reliable ones are asked for again. Thats one problem with agency work you have toi be established first. Plus I expect its only min wages. If it is will have to try for tax credits. Whatever I get though it will be better than JSA.

so i should manage to live a little better. Being at work means I'm not touring pubs at lunch time.

2.4 Million of my generation unemployed whilst I get a call at my work placement today(whilst taking a week off from my actual job) saying I have been head hunted for a job that I have absolutely no intention of taking and never would of even considered applying for... always nice to be thought of though :).

So thats being offered a job, whilst at a job whilst away from my actual job.... Thats a big **** you to unemployment in my book.

www.linkedin.com. GET ON IT.... NOW!!!!!!! :)

I went through a period a couple of months ago of getting about 3 phonecalls a week. Bloody LinkedIn. All in all though I can't complain, there are a lot more people in worst positions than getting badgered by recruitment agents.

Good luck!

Yes me too. Maybe fulltime. Could be the market area but I know where the depot is. Worked there as a security guard. Never saw the foot roadsweepers though only the machines. They started about 4am. The others may have started after I finished. If i do OK they may make it regular. With agencies the reliable ones are asked for again. Thats one problem with agency work you have toi be established first. Plus I expect its only min wages. If it is will have to try for tax credits. Whatever I get though it will be better than JSA.

so i should manage to live a little better. Being at work means I'm not touring pubs at lunch time.

Good Luck with it

Good... Went up town to get a few things, and then chilled out in pub with a few friends from 1pm untill about 4pm.

Weekend should be alright as well. Doncaster away tomorow afternoon, night out around town tomorow night and then three games on Sky on Sunday. Beautiful.

It just got so much better for me!

As some of you may know from seeing my Facebook/Twitter, I've been selected to be a GamesMaker at the Olympics and Paralympics. I shall be a Medal/Flower-bearer for 3 events; 2 at the Olympics, 1 at the Paralympics.

So unbelievably happy right now...been waiting for ages to hear back from them.

• Like 3

As some of you may know from seeing my Facebook/Twitter, I've been selected to be a GamesMaker at the Olympics and Paralympics. I shall be a Medal/Flower-bearer for 3 events; 2 at the Olympics, 1 at the Paralympics.

Good man, I think I remember you talking about this a while back. Nice one.. :thumbup:

That's brilliant, well done.

Great stuff! I'm waiting to hear back about driving IOC officials round (or something along those lines) and to see whether I'm going to be in the opening/closing ceremony. That should be fun.

Well I signed up to the agency work. Its on a daily basis and I will be texted each day as to whether I am wanted to return. But they said some had been doing the job I will be doing 2 or 3 years so I need to make a good impression. Its not a job where I need to wear my best clothes. Jeans will do. Wrap up in cold weather and wear safety boots and Viz jacket.. The depot is where I did some night security 4/5 years back so may bump into workers there that I know. Having to hire the boots and viz jacket for now. No time to inform the Job centre people about it. Will see how it goes then decide in the new year.

Well done mate!

Having a night in tonight watching the darts, before heading up to my sisters tomorrow for a night out in Sheffield! Buzzing for it.

Well I signed up to the agency work. Its on a daily basis and I will be texted each day as to whether I am wanted to return. But they said some had been doing the job I will be doing 2 or 3 years so I need to make a good impression. Its not a job where I need to wear my best clothes. Jeans will do. Wrap up in cold weather and wear safety boots and Viz jacket.. The depot is where I did some night security 4/5 years back so may bump into workers there that I know. Having to hire the boots and viz jacket for now. No time to inform the Job centre people about it. Will see how it goes then decide in the new year.

:fc:

Edited by FoxyPV