Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Great stuff! I'm waiting to hear back about driving IOC officials round (or something along those lines) and to see whether I'm going to be in the opening/closing ceremony. That should be fun.

Thanks. Good luck to you! Which would you rather be in, Opening or Closing?

Well done mate!

Cheers!

Congrats Stan :scarf:

My brother graduated today so took an extended lunch, got a burrito and a pint then back to work.

Football do tomorrow night.

Thank you very much. Well done to your brother!

Good luck Ken.

Starting work at 1230 all this week which is a bit of melt.

Was told on Friday that we are all on standby over the christmas period incase there is another freeze like last year but we're not getting a standby fee! <_<

Had our football do on Saturday and I died a death yesterday. It took me until 6pm to start to feel normal again.

Not a bad day. Out in the fresh air but the fresh air came with the downside that it rained a lot. Was on a team that did the New Parks area. Near the Good Neighbours. Went to the local depot but there was a problem with the power so we could not do jobs that may have been given us from there. Started on some flats with a green in front. First time I stepped out the van I fell over on the frosty path. My safety boots did not help. Bit cold and wet and the other two had to go back to the depot to unload at one point. They were supposed to leave me litter picking but because it was wet and cold they took me to a little store room in a flat block and left me there for half hour. It was dark and boring.

We had a couple of extra unscheduled breaks. Just parked up somewhere. Came back at 3.30 I assumed we had finished. Got a call from the agency said I'd done 7 1/2 hrs. Then found out I wasnt supposed to leave until four. Still did as I booked 7 1/2.

Supposed to start at 7 tomorrow. Only doing two days so it doesnt affect my JSA. Its a day to day contract so I could be doing one or 6 days and the signing on off is too much hassel. May have to wait a week to change over and more form filling each time. I can work 16 hours and still get JSA so that will do until a full time position comes along.

So gotta set alarm for 5am now.

I have been over-charged by Morrisons, if you're going to advertise 4 bottles of ale for 5.50, you should in fact sell me them for 5.50 you thieving bastards, not £6.75.

Why didn't they? I'm sure there's a legal obligation for them to sell something at the price it's advertised at even if it's a mistake

Why didn't they? I'm sure there's a legal obligation for them to sell something at the price it's advertised at even if it's a mistake

apparently one of the ales was not in the offer - as far as I can see if you're going to put all the bottles of it on the stand for the offer, then you should have something up on the price ticket for it stating that it isn't included in the offer.

If you don't then as far as I can see it's a fair assumption to make and is arguably false advertising. I complained and was given the basic cop-out line of "someone must've dumped them there".

It just got so much better for me!

As some of you may know from seeing my Facebook/Twitter, I've been selected to be a GamesMaker at the Olympics and Paralympics. I shall be a Medal/Flower-bearer for 3 events; 2 at the Olympics, 1 at the Paralympics.

So unbelievably happy right now...been waiting for ages to hear back from them.

Brilliant news buddy :)

www.linkedin.com. GET ON IT.... NOW!!!!!!! :)

I use LinkedIn, it's good. I don't get many calls off it but I do get a steady stream of calls from being on websites like Reed, Monster and Jobsite. All agencies.

I think agencies are the only way to get into anywhere these days.

Bikt harder today. I was put on road sweeping Beaumont Leys area. Had a long stretch of road which included two roundabouts. Beaumont Leys Lane/ Leicestger Road and back again. i was too slow and missed some. Surprisingly mid morning it was fairly warm and I was wearing a thick junper plus a big coat. I was knackered and kept bein told to do it again. I had nothing to drink on me and i am not thre fastest of persons. Finish have one but we parked up for a while so not to get back too early. Left at three. Tking rest of week off. Dont know if they will want me doing roadsweeping again. If the team leader puts a report in it wont be impressive. Anyway I am going to tell the agency myself that I struggled doing that task and not agile enough to do it efficiently.

Spent the day at A&E with a potential broken arm for my 2yr old. Thankfully, it's more of a bad shunt on her wrist and forearm. But I think I won't be getting much sleep tonight. So work tomorrow won't be happening methinks. Don't know whether I'm happy or not about that aspect of a exhausting experience.

Hope she gets better soon

Got an e-mail from London2012 saying my first training event for the Olympics is on 18th February, also on my dad's birthday and also on the day I was planning to see Leicester vs Birmingham. Looks like I'm missing that match sad.png. Ah well, very excited that I have something more to look forward too early new year!

Edited by StanSP

Everything now bought for Christmas... everything for dinner... except the turkey! I swear East Anglia has sold out of every single sodding turkey. I'm starting to wonder how essential it is... will anyone even notice if it's missing? >_<:dunno:

On the plus side I do have obscene quantities of alcohol in all shapes and sizes, and lots and lots of cheese. :D

Ok. Sorted some finances out. Cancelled an orange dongle. Wanted to cancel my Virgin phone contract but have 10 months left and was told I may have to buy out.

Also got a 3G mobile dongle. Bloke on phone would not listen when I said i wanted to end the contract.

You are a loyal customer let me have a word with my manage. (a few seconds later) I have spoken to him and he says you can have this acer no down payment and a reduction pm to 25 pm.

Err excuse me I am trying to decrease my outgoings not increase them.

But you are a valued customer and I want you to be happy.

Contract ends in Feb anyway. I will call back or just cancel the DD next month.

Also have a Virgin bundle TV size XL phone broadband. Need to reduce that drastically. Will have to resort to Freeview only and change my broadband size. New customers with Virgin get a better deal than I do.

Take a look here for comparisons if you are looking for new phones etc.

http://www.uswitch.com/

Edited by Nightguard

Don't you just love it when your walking round your local supermarket in your LCFC shirt and out of nowhere some plastic pr*** in a manure shirt walks by and says "haha leicester are shit couldn't even beat doncaster rovers, we beat fulham 5-0" fvck you, you glory hunting @!%#. Can't even walk around in your local sides shirt without getting unecessary abuse. Banter if not it annoys the fvck out of me, especially as I didn't even know the bloke...that's right a fully grown adult taking the piss out of a 16 year old for supporting leicester. Dear oh dear. :rolleyes:

Apart from that a pretty average day :thumbup: