Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just had a call from my solicitor. Supposed to be a tribunal tomorrow and its been cancelled. She said shes been preparing all morning as well. Apparently they can't get enough judges. She said I may have to read my statement out and be asked questions. The liqidators are saying I resigned which is nonsense. Never even received my final wages or back holiday pay. The other thing with the TUPE the company are refusing to c0-operate and denying they were in the wrong but I was told that they may have not turned up or been represented.

Got to wait for another date to be set now. Was hoping to get it out the way. Fed up with it dragging on. The money would be handy too although if its over 6k it may affect my benefits.

Ok apart from having problems connecting when I got home. Went to the launch of this http://www.citizenseye.org/cmc2012/ http://www.citizenseye.org/cmc2012/and also thinking of making a pledge for http://www.inspireleics.org.uk/ here. I will need to pledge to do something over the coming Olympic year for charity Link whether its fundraising or something else I don't know yet. Not filled it out yet,

Also at the Citezen Eye coffee meeting put my name down as a volunteer community reporter for Down not Out a new media group about the homeless. There is a training session for reporters at the old library from 3 tomorrow.

I don't know how much time I can devote to this. I am supposed to be job hunting. Found out that if I do part time under 16 hours any housing benefits I get will be deducted from my wages. So in effect I will be working 16 hours for nothing. Personally I don't think this encourages people to look for work other than cash in hand and undeclared work. I only want enough to exist on and JSA is not great. They allow you to keep the first £5 you earn which does not even pay for bus fares and any food/drink whilst working.

Internet OK now

Just had a call from my solicitor. Supposed to be a tribunal tomorrow and its been cancelled. She said shes been preparing all morning as well. Apparently they can't get enough judges. She said I may have to read my statement out and be asked questions. The liqidators are saying I resigned which is nonsense. Never even received my final wages or back holiday pay. The other thing with the TUPE the company are refusing to c0-operate and denying they were in the wrong but I was told that they may have not turned up or been represented.

Got to wait for another date to be set now. Was hoping to get it out the way. Fed up with it dragging on. The money would be handy too although if its over 6k it may affect my benefits.

Sounds like a dodgy company you worked for mate, hope it all works out well.

OK to start with but I think they kept a tight budget and left to the last minute to pay employees. Think they were waiting for money to come in first. Never had many clients so if any was lost it would put them in trouble. Playing catch up with finances. Always payed by cheche. Boss did not want to pay wages through the bank.

Thought my internet had cleared up but it hadn't. Pages were slow to load up and kept getting kicked out the City chatroom, although thats happened normal times. A message popped up to say my virtual memory was low and it was being increased. So annoying PC's sometimes.

At the Phoenix Centre I also was given a free ticket for the FilmDoc weekend/ Its this week. Not sure which ones to see.

http://www.docfilmfestival.blogspot.com/p/dogwoof-films.html

Hermit Day 5: 57 hours in uni on the clock since saturday morning. Hand in on tuesday with plenty still left to do. Off to watch a couple of episodes of Scrubs, then bed ready to get back on my grind nice and early tomorrow.

Ok went to a meeting at the old library where a new community news agency was discussed. Down Not Out. It's for homeless people. There were actually people there so they know what it is like first hand. Don't know what role I might have but theres going to be some training over the next few months for things like film making photography web and magazine producing.

Called the Gov.org line this morning. If I do 16-29 hours work I can claim tax credits of around 64 for earning 150. This is just a rough figure and I may lose my rent rebate or part of it. Strange thing if I do more than 30 hrs I was quoted more. I think I may manage doing up to 30 hours. If its over 16 at least I wont be pressured to do full time leaving time to do my volunteer community media stuff.

Applied for a doorman/security job at Elizabeth house. Not sure if my CV or application form was good enough though. Not done that type of security but its checking people in and out of the flats and call repair teams in if needed. I should be able to do that and its sitting down and not too physical which is what i need at my age.

I've had one of my best days in a long time, finished one of my assignments for uni which feels great. On the quest to get fit and try more, me and my mate went kickboxing, really enjoyed it. To top it off bunch off mates have gone out for the night, wasn't feeling it despite them trying to drag me out, stayed in and got talking to a girl from one of the other flats, made even better shes agreed to go out for a drink one night, lifes good again!

Received my summons yesterday for driving without insurance. I'm in court on Valentine's day. <_<

FoxyJr is finally better after almost two weeks of having the chicken pox but seeing his face as I left him into creche today was heartbreaking.

Edited by FoxyPV

First nite at the new place ended up with us having about 20 people over for a BBQ and heaps of beers, 3 hours kip then off to work. Sign of this to come i guess. On Thursday we are having a party and decided to hire a 12 person portable Jacuzzi, shit is going to get messy.

Place is nice got a big room and ensuite, 3 bedrooms and massive deck backyard so lifes good.