Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Going to go down to volunteering centre in Leicester next week, anyone else volunteer or have done etc ?

Yep I did about 6 months worth of volunteering at MIND, and obviously will be doing my Olympics stuff.

Even if you do some volunteering, it goes well on your CV. Can be quite rewarding too :).

Going next Tuesday. Got my name down for media work to do with a new project for the homeless Down Not out. It'll have a mag, internet stuff and filmwork. So will see if I can do anything along those lines. The Dawn Centre is near to where I live so helpiung out there as well could lead to full or part time. I may go for part time. I would get tax credits at lower hours cuz of my age so just weekends would do.

Got another GamesMaker offer! To add to the 3 before, I will now be a Medal/Flower bearer for Paralympic Hockey and/or Football 5/7-a-side as well!

Well done.

Just won the quiz at the Methodist hall. Yea me :trumpet:

Unreal night last night. Went to Rock City in notts with a leicester shirt underneath my top, and unveiled it halfway through the night, some of the looks were absolute comedy. Met Taft too, top lad!

Probably because you were wearing a football top in Rock City.

Well done.

Just won the quiz at the Methodist hall. Yea me :trumpet:

I have to withdraw my application because you can't do both the ceremonies and Gamesmaking. Congrats on yours though!

Cheers lads.

Alex, so which one are you doing? Ceremony or GM?

I was having a boring day until my mum just phoned me to tell me that my Great Uncle won Olympic silver in the all-round individual gymnastics at the 1908 London Olympics on 15th July 1908 at White City Stadium.

Apparently one of my relatives has been researching the family history.

I'm amazed and very proud of Great Uncle Walt, British Gymnastics Champion 1906, 1907 and 1908 and Olympic Silver medal winner 1908.

Edited by Isle of Wight Fox
  • Like 1

Just checked my email and there was a reply from a job application. I have been short listed for a job as a Consierge which I think ios a fancy name for a doorman. Think it's at Elizabeth House a block of flats near the Station. Not looked at the mail all day so don't know when it arrived. says yesterday. I will have to phone in the morning. Not holding too much hope there will be a few going for it. It's only part-time Friday Sat night. That would suit me for the time being.

Just checked my email and there was a reply from a job application. I have been short listed for a job as a Consierge which I think ios a fancy name for a doorman. Think it's at Elizabeth House a block of flats near the Station. Not looked at the mail all day so don't know when it arrived. says yesterday. I will have to phone in the morning. Not holding too much hope there will be a few going for it. It's only part-time Friday Sat night. That would suit me for the time being.

I applied for that! Obviously I was unsuccessful!

Just woke up from a mammoth recovery sleep after 10 days and I shit you not 140+ hours of busting my balls in uni to hand in my portfolio.

Lying in bed with some Explosions In The Sky, doesn't get much better.

Edited by ajthefox