Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Stopped in all day spring cleaning and trying to contact people about my boiler.

My elder brother just phoned me My stepfather has been placed in a care home. Not very good at all. Blind, dementure now hardly able to walk around the house. Brother been busy sorting it all out the last week or so. It was the last resort putting him there but my mum is in her 80's too and she has to thought of too. At the stage he is at he hardly recognizes anyone and the only memories he has are those from years back and even those are confused and mixed up. Not good him being like this. When I first saw him he was talkative and lively. Used to love reading the Mercury cover to cover reading parts out and moaning about some headline or something political.

Got used to him eventually and he got used to our (mums kids) ways who he called lazy sods to start with. If we had a cup of tea in the living room he used to take it to the kitche and wash the cup as soon as we had drunk it.

Happy days.

Stopped in all day spring cleaning and trying to contact people about my boiler.

My elder brother just phoned me My stepfather has been placed in a care home. Not very good at all. Blind, dementure now hardly able to walk around the house. Brother been busy sorting it all out the last week or so. It was the last resort putting him there but my mum is in her 80's too and she has to thought of too. At the stage he is at he hardly recognizes anyone and the only memories he has are those from years back and even those are confused and mixed up. Not good him being like this. When I first saw him he was talkative and lively. Used to love reading the Mercury cover to cover reading parts out and moaning about some headline or something political.

Got used to him eventually and he got used to our (mums kids) ways who he called lazy sods to start with. If we had a cup of tea in the living room he used to take it to the kitche and wash the cup as soon as we had drunk it.

Happy days.

Sorry to hear that Ken buddy, sounds like a difficult time though on face value it seems decisions are being made for the best of all concerned. Hope the situation for them both improve with new care arrangements.

I am sure my brother and the rest of the family that live close have gone into all the options. They mentioned about him going in some time back but wanted to make sure he did have the right care. The family knew it was a possibility with his condition. and wanted to be prepared. My brother said the cost was not really important but the well being of all. He won't really know what is happening, well not outwardly. We cannot know what he feels inside I am sure my mum and other family members will visit him regular to keep what spirits he has left up. Even with a short memory span he will appreciate those visits.

It must be an awful time for you Ken. Obviously your Step Father isn't going to get any better now but things will work out eventually.

Edited by Webbo
sorry Ken I meant step father, I don't know why I wrote that.

Step father but thanks all. We have'nt always seen eye to eye over the years. He married my mum just a couple of years after my dad died. He was completely different. My dad was, to be honest, a lazy bastard. From the old generation of husbands. Sat in his chair smoking Park Drive watching racing on the telly while my mum brought him endless cups of teas Jim was very different, always first to wash pots, sometimes taking them off you before you had finished. He grew up in a family where he had to take responsbilty for his younger siblings.

It was difficult getting used to him but he gave up a lot for us. He hardly saw the children from his first marriage and looked on us as his family and for that I have high regards for him. Just to think only 5 or 6 years ago he was lively and argumentive and annoying. I miss that now. But old age is inevitable and happens to us all.

Hope all works out for you Nightguard (Ken, I'm assuming by now)

Today was, quite frankly, sensational. Started off by heading out into the countryside for a great walk, followed up by a class pub lunch and a couple of pints. Then back home in time to listen to Leicester win and hear of a last minute winner from Henry for Arsenal. Now just got back from a hard-fought 3-2 win at 6-a-side in which I scored 2 pretty decent goals (if I may say so myself... :P)

More days like today please! :scarf:

Edited by lcfcadam

Hope all works out for you Nightguard (Ken, I'm assuming by now)

Today was, quite frankly, sensational. Started off by heading out into the countryside for a great walk, followed up by a class pub lunch and a couple of pints. Then back home in time to listen to Leicester win and hear of a last minute winner from Henry for Arsenal. Now just got back from a hard-fought 3-2 win at 6-a-side in which I scored 2 pretty decent goals (if I may say so myself... :P)

More days like today please! :scarf:

In the right end??? :blink:

:D

Also had a fvcking brilliant day.

Got up early for a spot of marathon training, me and the guy I'm running London with went for what was supposed to be a 12 mile run but we ended up doing 16 because we got lost! Furthest I have ever run in one go with out stopping. Even if I did freeze my nuts off!

Then I also froze my nuts off again watching city beat Cardiff, obviously a good point of the day.

Then, one of my mates is competing at the athletics in Sheffield this weekend and got Jess Ennis to sign her number for me - usually I'm not too bothered about autographs but 1) Ennis is a true inspiration to me, really hope she gets gold in the summer and 2) I absolutely fancy the pants off her so this one is okay!!

Also had a fvcking brilliant day.

Got up early for a spot of marathon training, me and the guy I'm running London with went for what was supposed to be a 12 mile run but we ended up doing 16 because we got lost! Furthest I have ever run in one go with out stopping. Even if I did freeze my nuts off!

Then I also froze my nuts off again watching city beat Cardiff, obviously a good point of the day.

Then, one of my mates is competing at the athletics in Sheffield this weekend and got Jess Ennis to sign her number for me - usually I'm not too bothered about autographs but 1) Ennis is a true inspiration to me, really hope she gets gold in the summer and 2) I absolutely fancy the pants off her so this one is okay!!

We were down at the EISS every week for the first 6 weeks or so of term and she was always buzzing about. She does have a lovely bum :P

We were down at the EISS every week for the first 6 weeks or so of term and she was always buzzing about. She does have a lovely bum :P

Whilst I couldn't agree more, for me it's her eyes that do it - and (from what I gather on tv and from mutual friends that we have) her personality seems very down to earth. I also admire people who don't rest on their laurels and work hard to achieve - that's why I don't accept lazy clients when doing me PT.