Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Got up to orange juice, a tangerine and shower. Went for a BLT (gone midday by this time) from the butcher's then walked straight to the tram stop. Got the tram to Salford Quays and visited the Imperial War Museum North (very much worth a visit), followed by coffee and a muffin at the coffee shop in the Lowry. Then headed to the posh supermarket (Booths) in MediaCity and bought dinner (salmon, new potatoes and Brussels sprouts, recently consumed and extremely delicious) as well as a whole pile of really good ale and wine (quite a lot of which I've got through this evening), then came home and used Leicester's shitness as justification for staying up late, getting pissed and listening to proper tunes.

That is a good day.

Edited by lcfcadam

Got up to orange juice, a tangerine and shower. Went for a BLT (gone midday by this time) from the butcher's then walked straight to the tram stop. Got the tram to Salford Quays and visited the Imperial War Museum North (very much worth a visit), followed by coffee and a muffin at the coffee shop in the Lowry. Then headed to the posh supermarket (Booths) in MediaCity and bought dinner (salmon, new potatoes and Brussels sprouts, recently consumed and extremely delicious) as well as a whole pile of really good ale and wine (quite a lot of which I've got through this evening), then came home and used Leicester's shitness as justification for staying up late, getting pissed and listening to proper tunes.

That is a good day.

A BLT from the butcher`s sounds oh so good :o

Love the IWM but I`v only done London and Duxford. Duxford is an unreal, Massive, GREAT day out.

If you`ve never been and you have a day to spare, go to Duxford...

A BLT from the butcher`s sounds oh so good :o

Love the IWM but I`v only done London and Duxford. Duxford is an unreal, Massive, GREAT day out.

If you`ve never been and you have a day to spare, go to Duxford...

About the BLT - you have no idea, it's easily my favourite thing about living where I do, 5 minutes walk away from a beautiful breakfast / brunch / lunch...

And I've been to Duxford a couple of times when I was younger, probably at the same kind of age as all the annoying little cretins who were getting in my way today! :P But yeah, Duxford always struck me as pretty immense :thumbup: After today, I'd give the one up here in Salford a strong recommendation as well - really well laid out and the perfect size for a museum. You leave feeling like you may well go back for another visit, but definitely haven't missed anything important.

Edited by lcfcadam

went to another session of office skills. This dealt with finance and how it works within companies (private sector) It's focussed on profit as you might guess and employees are expendable for the good of the business. All are important, all must pull together to ensure the business runs efficiently. No doubt the public sector is different.

The course also has traing for various roles and can offer jobs within their organization. Next week its how to use office equipment. May seem run of the mill stuff but it is also aimed at people who have been out the job market for a few years because of things like raising a family. Put my name down for extra tutoring and they also train for cleaning and setting up a business but I dont think I want that at my age. Although if one of the others there are intending to set up I could put myself forward as an employee or assist when imput is needed.

My SIA license runs out end of March. Around £220 to renew. Still not sure if its worth renewing. What would be handy would be the additions, H/S Retail CCTV. which would widen the range of jobs. My SIA doesn't cover everything.

Also got home to a letter in the post regarding my tribunal hearing. It is set for 14th March. Hopefully it goes ahead this time and resolved. I will be grateful for any compensation even if its just what I was not paid for my last month or so. I want an end to it one way or the other so I know where I stan finacially.

Pretty decent, got some work done, load of washing, cleaned, hoovered, washed up. All the boring shit done.

Went to Asda this eve with a few mates and bought £300 worth of booze for our cocktail party on Saturday. Giving blood tomorrow morning and a mates back from Germany so pub in the evening and then football and getting smashed in a suit on Saturday.Good weekend in store!

Not going particularly well so far - one of the bands playing the gig I'm putting on tonight is having trouble with their car and can't find anyone to drive them from the Wirral to Manchester. They're the most popular act on the bill and probably the main reason why most people are coming, so them not turning up would be a disaster.

ScouseFox, don't know of any drivers who'd be up for a trip to Manchester and back in return for £50, free entry to a gig and a whole lotta love do you?

Back on the internet at last. Router broke last Friday, contacted Sky and they sent one out and it got delivered this morning so I've set it up and now back online. Got about 60 emails, brought an item on eBay I had bidded for last Wednesday, sold an item on eBay and recieved two more university unconditional offers...

Think I may go to my Hotmail Email and delete around 1000 messages or at least sort them out. Not used it for ages and its normally just rubbish. Not my main email now. Not keen on the ads that comes with it but after I've cleared the inbox may use it non important mail.

I went to the gym yesterday and forgot my trainers so I went on the cross trainer in my socks.

Ms Foxy was supposed to have had dinner made as she's on half term but burnt the arse out of it so we'd to get a takeaway as she couldn't wait until I'd cooked something!

Had a look at my hotmail. There were 1200 messages in there. Archived most and deleted some.

Someone came about my boiler but because it was working OK he never looked at it just said if it leaks again to call them out as an emergancy. They are 24hr. Don't think the leaking is a major problem. Could be the weather and the frost system it uses.

Also someone came about my shower was not expecting them. Looked at it said they'd go back for a replacement and never came back so don't know when they'll show up again.

Good group on at the Longstop tonight Warlock. May go and see them but cant spend much on drink. More in the music forum.

Today was the wife's due date (we are expecting a baby boy) but no action on that front so far.

Its meant I've not been able to do my usual Saturday activity of just drinking and watching sport all day.

Got up, washed the car, went on a long walk (to try to bring on the wife's labour - didnt work), stopped at a pub for a nice pint of kentish ale, only it wasn't nice, it tasted awful. Got back just before the hard rain hit (always rains when I've washed my car), treated myself to a bottle of bombadier whilst watching the lcfc stream. Since the game I've scrubbed a few carpets (only where I got gloss on them, I'm an untidy painter), put up a smoke alarm and a carbon monoxide alarm, hung a picture of a giraffe, tidied the study up, written the first 400ish words of a novel and am now wondering what to do. I usually find my saturdays fly by after watching a few matches (football,cricket,rugby,whatever) and too much to drink but today I'm now at a bit of a loose end. I'm actually considering sorting out all my paperwork etc, got a pile about 2 feet high. If Rachel goes another 2 weeks, my produtivity will reach an all time high.

Bet he comes on Thurs so I can't watch lcfc on sky!

Also - about the novel, I'm not a pretentious macbook toting 'write in public' type. I'll probably never finish the novel. I've just always wanted to write one so am going to give it a try. I researched some tips and a popular approach is to aim to just get 50,000 words down in a month, about 1700 a day. I reckon most novels are far far far more than 50,000 words. Anyone ever tried to write one?

Today was the wife's due date (we are expecting a baby boy) but no action on that front so far.

Its meant I've not been able to do my usual Saturday activity of just drinking and watching sport all day.

Got up, washed the car, went on a long walk (to try to bring on the wife's labour - didnt work), stopped at a pub for a nice pint of kentish ale, only it wasn't nice, it tasted awful. Got back just before the hard rain hit (always rains when I've washed my car), treated myself to a bottle of bombadier whilst watching the lcfc stream. Since the game I've scrubbed a few carpets (only where I got gloss on them, I'm an untidy painter), put up a smoke alarm and a carbon monoxide alarm, hung a picture of a giraffe, tidied the study up, written the first 400ish words of a novel and am now wondering what to do. I usually find my saturdays fly by after watching a few matches (football,cricket,rugby,whatever) and too much to drink but today I'm now at a bit of a loose end. I'm actually considering sorting out all my paperwork etc, got a pile about 2 feet high. If Rachel goes another 2 weeks, my produtivity will reach an all time high.

Bet he comes on Thurs so I can't watch lcfc on sky!

Also - about the novel, I'm not a pretentious macbook toting 'write in public' type. I'll probably never finish the novel. I've just always wanted to write one so am going to give it a try. I researched some tips and a popular approach is to aim to just get 50,000 words down in a month, about 1700 a day. I reckon most novels are far far far more than 50,000 words. Anyone ever tried to write one?

Congrats on the baby boy TPH ;)

TPH, hope all goes well when the little'un is born!

My day was probably the best day I've had this year. Started off at 7am, woke up and headed off to Wembley Arena for my first session of GamesMaker training. John Inverdale hosted it, and along with some previous Olympians and Paralympians and organisers, they gave us an insight of behind-the-scenes roles and what to expect when the Olympics arrive, as well as future training sessions. All in all, a good morning! Come back to uni, settle in to see us beat Norwich - felt so proud of the boys after seeing them knock a Premier League team out :wub:

Then had my mate's 21st birthday do. Went to an American diner, aptly named 'The Diner' near Oxford Street. Pretty good but quite pricey! Then went to a shisha cafe not far from Baker Street. He then decided to see what I'd got him. He's an Everton fan but unfortunately has never had the chance to go to Goodison Park to see them. I've got him tickets to see Everton vs Spurs in a few weeks time. His face lit up as soon as he saw them. It was the icing on the cake for a magnificent day for myself :D !

Im hoping football wise today can be as good as yesterday. The team I coach are about to play a team that's not lost in 16 games. It's a cup match so I think if we play like its a cup final we will win.

Wish us luck ft. If we get to the final I'm expecting you all to come and support us :) make the noise you made at narch!

Come on you ottery!