Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

drank my way through 3 litres of homebrew cider (now starting on a fourth), finally followed my GP's advice and organised a counselling session.

Oh, and apparently telling someone they deserve to die for taking a lift up one floor is harsh.

Counsellor Roo at your service. We will chat, drink and have a good old dutch rudder session.

Had to see the DEA at the jobcentre 9.35 today. Suggested two jobs. Sent my CV to one. Actually had a reply already saying I will be contacted within a week of my email.

The other one is at the Young Offenders prison at Glen Parva (says Wigston on my print out) dont reallythink I'll be suitable for that one. Duties checking to see if all are inside patrolling body searches photographing checking visitors etc

Not bothered applying for that one.

Also sent a small review/report on the Warlock gig that I saw on Sat to Citizens Eye. Saw the editor and he said to send it. So may be on line within the next day or so.

I did a video on my phone and put it on YouTube but the quality is not very good. Can't make out what the song is. Went to download it to my laptop and deleted what I thought was an empty folder and deleted the original vid. Downloaded the YouTube link to my phone so not too bothered and I hae a copy on my PC.

Productive day at work. Wrote an absolute shedload of good business. The hard slog of marketing and quoting stuff over the past couple of months is finally coming to fruition.

Also productive with the charity I run, with some great news coming in and some great gestures being made by some of the friends of the trust.

As for personally however, still no baby and got a very frustrated wife as a result. She's starting to feel like a failure and is very down about it as well as feeling really rough. We're having a curry tonight. See if that gets things moving.

Rediscovered my love of fig rolls today too. Not sure this extends to fig as I've never tried one outside of its rolly format. Thats perhaps a project for tomorrow. I realise that hardly qualifies as a project but hey its my project, and I'll make those sort of decisions. The wife is a project manager, might get her on the case.

TPH - I've no idea whether any of the following tips work (seeing as I don't have a maternal bone in my body!) but supposedly these are worth a try:

Driving along a bumpy road (sounds like a recipe for knackering your car's suspension, so doubt you'd be up for this!)

Eating pineapple (that's Mrs TPH, not you!)

Blowing up balloons (what do you mean, you don't have any in the house? Erm, try blowing up condoms instead then... ah, I'm guessing you won't have any of those either!)

Wearing your best knickers (that Mrs TPH in her best knickers, not you! Theory being your (her) waters will break when wearing poshest undies)

:whistle:

:dunno:

I been told the same Al, but my doctor doesn't drink or eat meat so he can't be trusted.

Got a good weekend planned, catching up with old work collegues for a birthday tonight (Friday nite), Saturday shopping for new golf clubs then may go for a round if i pick up some but will most likely not as it's going to be bloody hot tomorrow.

Sunday my mate and i won a dinning package for the races a big country cup. 3 course meal and all we can drink for 10 of us. So it's going to be a big one with the boys coming to my joint for pre drinks at 7am

I been told the same Al, but my doctor doesn't drink or eat meat so he can't be trusted.

Got a good weekend planned, catching up with old work collegues for a birthday tonight (Friday nite), Saturday shopping for new golf clubs then may go for a round if i pick up some but will most likely not as it's going to be bloody hot tomorrow.

Sunday my mate and i won a dinning package for the races a big country cup. 3 course meal and all we can drink for 10 of us. So it's going to be a big one with the boys coming to my joint for pre drinks at 7am

Well the person who told me to cut back was a woman, so I figure I immediately know better.

Now then, beer festivals are awesome.

Bloody hard work it was today! Took our toddler to the park. He loved it, but then threw a titanic tantrum when we had to leave, kicking and screaming and wriggling. Annoyingly we were about as far from the car as we could possibly be at that point, so I had to walk all the way across the park with him doing this. He was screaming at the top of his voice and kicking out so much that everyone was looking at me as though I'd abducted him or something. Then he punched me in the face, which made me shout at him. More dirty looks from passers by. Eventually we got to the car and he, after a huge sulk, sat down and we went to the supermarket to pick up some bread, but then he threw another mega-tantrum when we had to leave THERE and refused to hold my hand on the way back to the car. I had to carry him under one arm. I can really feel the aches now.

Bloody hard work it was today! Took our toddler to the park. He loved it, but then threw a titanic tantrum when we had to leave, kicking and screaming and wriggling. Annoyingly we were about as far from the car as we could possibly be at that point, so I had to walk all the way across the park with him doing this. He was screaming at the top of his voice and kicking out so much that everyone was looking at me as though I'd abducted him or something. Then he punched me in the face, which made me shout at him. More dirty looks from passers by. Eventually we got to the car and he, after a huge sulk, sat down and we went to the supermarket to pick up some bread, but then he threw another mega-tantrum when we had to leave THERE and refused to hold my hand on the way back to the car. I had to carry him under one arm. I can really feel the aches now.

Could of been worse.....you could of actually gone to work :P