Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Finish off my mini-ebook. Put it on Ebay 75% going to Cancer Research. Sp £1. Would have been less but donation minimum is £1.

Title The Three Cask O Beers. Sort of pun on Three Musketeers. Its basically just 4 short stories about 3 piss artistes. Plus a clever dog.

Also my brother came to fix my electric bike. Problem was there was no indication on the plug where wires had come out which was P or N. Its charging now as the battery was probably flat. Won't know if the rest is OK until later.

Yes its OK now. I'll just leave it charging for another hor or so.

Edited by Nightguard

Finish off my mini-ebook. Put it on Ebay 75% going to Cancer Research. Sp £1. Would have been less but donation minimum is £1.

Title The Three Cask O Beers. Sort of pun on Three Musketeers. Its basically just 4 short stories about 3 piss artistes. Plus a clever dog.

well done.

You got a link for the e-bay bit?

Thought I put one up. May have been the bargain thread.

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1555.l2649

No need to bid just PM me I'll send a copy. Not looking to make a profit atm. Just need feedback so to improve for the longer editions and to get interest elsewhere, If I ask too much people wont come back.

I've printed some copys off but even 2 pages on A5 its 16 sheets of paper and cant be sure of every page being right. Still cant get the numbering right. Page 1 is supposed to be on the right hand side.

Edited by Nightguard

I have revised http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-Cask-O-Beers-/220963668931?pt=Fiction&hash=item33727603c3

Now strting price 60p buy it now £1 with 75% going to Cancer Relief UK. The buy it now price has to be 40% more than the starting bid and thought £1.40 would be too much to ask. There has to be a min donation of £1 so dont know what happens if that bid is not reached. No interest yet. I have 5 listed for now.

OK day Coffee morning meeting. May get some backing to do some printable versions of my Ebook to sell at the Leicester Beer Fest the monies raised going to Action Homeless. Not looking fo making anything on sales atm. If from it anyone offers help with my other stuff that'll be welcome.

Went to jobcentre thought it was my signing on week. It wasn't. While I was there saw one bloke get a bit of a telling off.

There are jobs out there' Where?

'You are not doing enough to look for a job'

'We need to see that you are applying for jobs with proof'

''Your benefits may be stopped next payment'

From my own experience the web jobsearch sites I use I have had about 4 alerts in the last week, repeated. one or two for packers needing experience with sheet metal. so thats a no

Security officer driving license. Another no

Cleaning jobs. Experience essential. Yet another no

Plus there is little in the actual jobcentre.

Wasn't there a store closed in Leicester last week? Another few hundred searching for jobs.

OK day Coffee morning meeting. May get some backing to do some printable versions of my Ebook to sell at the Leicester Beer Fest the monies raised going to Action Homeless. Not looking fo making anything on sales atm. If from it anyone offers help with my other stuff that'll be welcome.

Went to jobcentre thought it was my signing on week. It wasn't. While I was there saw one bloke get a bit of a telling off.

There are jobs out there' Where?

'You are not doing enough to look for a job'

'We need to see that you are applying for jobs with proof'

''Your benefits may be stopped next payment'

From my own experience the web jobsearch sites I use I have had about 4 alerts in the last week, repeated. one or two for packers needing experience with sheet metal. so thats a no

Security officer driving license. Another no

Cleaning jobs. Experience essential. Yet another no

Plus there is little in the actual jobcentre.

Wasn't there a store closed in Leicester last week? Another few hundred searching for jobs.

depressing isnt it, might be jobless myself soon, find out by early April at the latest

Good day. Enjoyed a bit of relaxation with the baby and got a few odd jobs done too.

Sold £90 of charity envelopes for the JMW Trust too.

Great cause- contact me if you'd like to support it.

It might do a thread about it, but am mindful there are a number of great charity bits going on on here already.

Good day. Enjoyed a bit of relaxation with the baby and got a few odd jobs done too.

Sold £90 of charity envelopes for the JMW Trust too.

Great cause- contact me if you'd like to support it.

It might do a thread about it, but am mindful there are a number of great charity bits going on on here already.

Congrats re the wee bairn, sorry im probably a bit late saying that?

Thanks. Mrs TPH has just managed to stop him crying after about an hour. First time I've experienced a baby crying where there is nothing obviously wrong and no obvious solution. He just cried himself out in the end.

Perhaps its just the trials of being a LCFC fan. I feel like breaking down and crying now and then.

Before I went out I printed off a book version of my Ebook and ran out of ink with about 4 pages togo. So thats £13 spent over budget for new ink. Printed two more tonight. May have been better if I had done it double sided but cant be sure of reinserting right. Anyway most error are sorted and the Ebook has improved.

The introduction

These are just four of what I hope will be many more of a series of ‘Ale Tales’ a collection of short stories centred on three friends and their adventures whilst engaging on their favourite activity, visiting pubs in around the City of Leicester in the quest for the perfect pint. Join their exploits as they struggle to land a pilotless aircraft, take a trip in a hot air balloon during a thunderstorm and find out that there are pubs with no beer.

Enjoy and CHEERS!

And Character Profiles.

The main characters

MIKE: A well loved local character, best renowned for his knowledge of fine ales and the ability to sample most new ones on a good day.

ROBERT: Retired now, he spends his time fiddling with computers when not avoiding his talkative wife or accompanying his pals to their favourite pubs.

CUTHBERT: Better known as Dangler to those that know him best is the third of our trio. He has been blind for a number of years and just able to see the outline of a pint glass for which he has been thankful. He is always accompanied by his faithful dog Boozer, his eyes and some say his brains too.

Applied for three jobs online last night. One security two cleaning. No reply yet. Even my job alerts have slowed down over the last couple of weeks. Just the same ones which are unsuitable for me (driving license -experience)

Last part of the Office Skills tomorrow is about jobsearching but I cant go. Got someone coming to replace my shower.

After the course is done they also offer training for cleaning which leads to a certificate so that will help when applying for those jobs. Need to find out about how working with tax credits and hours will affect any benefits and if I will be better or worse off.

I actuall don't really need a huge amount extra to live on per week. Get 67.50 now and I reckon I could manage on £100-150 pw depending on housing and council tax benefits. Would be more if I had to pay them obviously.

Just had a call from one of the cleaning jobs I applied for. Its at Debenhams and includes using machinary etc. 15/16 hours PW. They want to see me Friday and there is about three others. I said I had no experience but there is training induction period. He mentioned my security work so don't know if he thinks that makes me more reliable.

Anyway I have someone doing my windows Friday so have to hope they finish early or I can leave them in my flat.

Edited by Nightguard