Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Before I went out earlier I had a look at my posat. One was from some poetry competition i could not remember entering. It seems I am a semi-finalist. Snag is, its one of these Vanity Publishing outfits. Based in the USA they have my poem will appear in a volume of other winners. But I have to pay if I want to see it in print. Cost $49.95 looked at the exchange rate 1.550 so I guess thats about £30 odd pounds. Not looked them up yet. There is a website to pay by paypal. Also if I want to put a small biography its another $25 and a mounted certificate is another $25.

I am tempted if only for my own vainness. But still think its a scam. They are saying the cost of the book is $20 less than the retail price. What books cost that much in bookstores? Supposed to be the highest quality paper and the binding the best but I would want it on gold for that much.

I have also got to proof read it myself. If its a semi-finalist would not any errors eliminated it? Also the letter contains a PS and a PPS as if its a personal letter just to me. Thousands must have receive the same letter with just t6he name changed..

http://www.worldpoetrymovement.com

Edited by Nightguard

Just been on Tumblr for the past two or three hours. Trying to work it out. Its a blogger of some sort. Went to it cuz i did a search about that poetry comp and there were some posts about it. Others have also received letters. One has even won yet I thought the comp was not finalist. Anyway think I'll go bed. Bloke coming to change my shower. Says 11 but hoping they'll come earlier. Then Friday its the window people and job interview. In the ad it says 15 hr but I'm sure he said 16 on the phone. Mornings 5 days over six so prob around 3 hrs a day. 6-9 7-10? will suit me. gives me rest of day free. Just have to go bed earlier and get up at stupid time..

Before I went out earlier I had a look at my posat. One was from some poetry competition i could not remember entering. It seems I am a semi-finalist. Snag is, its one of these Vanity Publishing outfits. Based in the USA they have my poem will appear in a volume of other winners. But I have to pay if I want to see it in print. Cost $49.95 looked at the exchange rate 1.550 so I guess thats about £30 odd pounds. Not looked them up yet. There is a website to pay by paypal. Also if I want to put a small biography its another $25 and a mounted certificate is another $25.

I am tempted if only for my own vainness. But still think its a scam. They are saying the cost of the book is $20 less than the retail price. What books cost that much in bookstores? Supposed to be the highest quality paper and the binding the best but I would want it on gold for that much.

I have also got to proof read it myself. If its a semi-finalist would not any errors eliminated it? Also the letter contains a PS and a PPS as if its a personal letter just to me. Thousands must have receive the same letter with just t6he name changed..

So do I. Give them a wide berth Ken.

Yeah Ken I probably would steer clear.

http://www.winningwriters.com/contests/avoid/av_avoid.php

They're on a list to avoid.

Just been for an interview. Never been to one like it. It wasn't even an interview. The boss sat me on a computer and showed me what to do then she left me to undertake it. That was it.

Pretty much one of the most easy jobs I would ever get. Data input. Now I hope they select me :fc:

Quite good. Found an old stash of loose change that I'd been saving and obviously forgot about, took it to the Asda in Thurmaston on that coin counting machine and got £45, that'll come in handy :D tbh that was about as exciting as it got lol

Quite good. Found an old stash of loose change that I'd been saving and obviously forgot about, took it to the Asda in Thurmaston on that coin counting machine and got £45, that'll come in handy :D tbh that was about as exciting as it got lol

I collect loose change. Got about £70 last time, although I do half it with my brother. Then I get down to Meadowhall and buy a new model for me cabinet! Always comes in handy.

Sold my electric bike. Although theres been a mix up. I agreed to sell it to an ebay member last night but could not change my sell detaols or remove it. In the ind the bid ended more than we had agreed upon. I tred to cancel iit tonight but was unable to. Put a not on the item that I had tried to remove it. Now the buyer is asking for an invoice and when it can be picked up. I have sent them a message to not to pay. I hope they havent sent it.

Bought a pin-striped suit from a charity shop today for £14.99. Couldn't really afford it TBH but it was a perfect fit which is unusual for charity shops. Normally they don't have jacket AND trousers in my size. Anyway I got £70 for a bike so it was partly paid for.

It will be useful for job interviews even though I am not getting many.

Bought a pin-striped suit from a charity shop today for £14.99. Couldn't really afford it TBH but it was a perfect fit which is unusual for charity shops. Normally they don't have jacket AND trousers in my size. Anyway I got £70 for a bike so it was partly paid for.

It will be useful for job interviews even though I am not getting many.

That is a cracking bit of luck finding a suit in both correct sizes.

Ok then. Coming out of a side road from a pub, a police van goes flying past, sirens a blazing. One of my mates gives a basic willy puller hand gesture in that direction. The police van swings round 180 degrees into oncoming traffic, then carries on round and just about mounts the pavement, a little midget police officer jumped out and had a right go at him, asking if he wanted to spend the rest of the night in the back of the van.

Now I don't know whether it was just the amount I'd had to drink, but I was struggling to stop myself keeling over laughing - We've got this crime to stop, but first we're going to have a go at a slightly drunk student for expressing his opinion about the police force, a fairly commonly held opinion as well.