Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Ok then. Coming out of a side road from a pub, a police van goes flying past, sirens a blazing. One of my mates gives a basic willy puller hand gesture in that direction. The police van swings round 180 degrees into oncoming traffic, then carries on round and just about mounts the pavement, a little midget police officer jumped out and had a right go at him, asking if he wanted to spend the rest of the night in the back of the van.

Now I don't know whether it was just the amount I'd had to drink, but I was struggling to stop myself keeling over laughing - We've got this crime to stop, but first we're going to have a go at a slightly drunk student for expressing his opinion about the police force, a fairly commonly held opinion as well.

That's a disappointing 'funniest incident ever'. Anyway, did nobody challenge him on what he was doing a) with his sirens on if it wasn't important and b) why he turned around to address you guys when he was clearly on the way to a major crime,

That's a disappointing 'funniest incident ever'. Anyway, did nobody challenge him on what he was doing a) with his sirens on if it wasn't important and b) why he turned around to address you guys when he was clearly on the way to a major crime,

It is, but the midget just made the moment. If he'd been a normal sized person I'd probably not have found it funny, but when I'm towering over him by at least a foot (and I'm not all that tall, 6'2" ish) it seemed quite amusing. and no, we sort of just walked off into another pub.

Angry midgets are always funny.

Hope it ends good with a City win (Leicester not Coventry) Just washed my curtains so the new window would look better. (not washed for while) and they come out the machine or torn. Could have been the age, they were ripped a bit. Thought they might do as a spare when I get new ones. Looks like I'll have to go and get a pair now. Got them in Poundstretcher for £9.99 46" or 66" and my window measures in the 50's. Might need hooks but couldn't see any yesterday when I looked. Got some, they will have to do for now.

I now have to be able to reach to put them up. Standing on a chair I'm about 6" too short. If I go now and avoid The Plantagenet on the way back I'll get home for the football.

Another tenner gone.

I dunno if day covers it but my week has been horrendous!

A close family friend passed away on Wednesday, very sad news. She will be evey sadly missed xx

I then started to feel awful during the day and came down with a flu bug during the night that wiped me out on thursday,,,i felt a bit grog on friday and work told me to stay away for that day too! . I was due to go away for the weekend with a group of friends to a nice hotel for a birthday at about 4pm on friday, lots of plans for shopping and two nice nights out. About half one yesterday afternoon i got a call from my sons school to say he had fallen over at lunchtime and i might like to get him checked out. He's bruised his jaw,,put his tooth through his cheek and broken his left hand in four places, and also displaced two knuckles (ouch). He has done a bloody good job! Had had to have it manipulated back into place before he could be plastered and we were at A&E for over seven hours. He was in immense pain bless him. We got home very late last night and have had very little sleep. Didn't know what to do with himself with the pain and feeling sick.

My mates are all having a ball,,,but i wouldn't be anywhere else but here.

Maybe i'd be down the city but as i wasn't going to be here this weekend i'd lent my season ticket out!

I dunno if day covers it but my week has been horrendous!

A close family friend passed away on Wednesday, very sad news.  She will be evey sadly missed xx

I then  started to feel awful during the day and came down with a flu bug during the night that wiped me out on thursday,,,i felt a bit grog on friday and work told me to stay away for that day too! .  I was due to go away for the weekend with a group of friends to a nice hotel for a birthday at about 4pm on friday, lots of plans for shopping and two nice nights out. About half one yesterday afternoon  i got a call from my sons school to say he had fallen over at lunchtime and i might like to get him checked out.  He's bruised his jaw,,put his tooth through his cheek and broken his left hand in four places, and also displaced two knuckles (ouch). He has done a bloody good job!  Had had to have it manipulated back into place before he could be plastered and we were at A&E for over seven hours.  He was in immense pain bless him.  We got home very late last night and have had very little sleep. Didn't know what to do with himself with the pain and feeling sick.

My mates are all having a ball,,,but i wouldn't be anywhere else but here.

Maybe i'd be down the city but as i wasn't going to be here this weekend i'd lent my season ticket out!

Sorry to hear about your friend :( I hope your lad gets better soon as well :) Things will get better.

After all that tell yourself it can only get better. I know what its like to break a hand/wrist. My bones were all over the place and they had to be manipulated back in place. Nurse held my shoulder and docker pulled. Way I descried it was pulling a string of sausages. They had to do it twice. Can't renumber how long I was there but when I did it it was the weekend so couple of Dept's shut.

At least I learned to write left handed. Still went work, just took it easy. Work could not get cover and it would have been hard for the other bloke to do all shifts and the work wasn't too demanding so I coped..

After all that tell yourself it can only get better. I know what its like to break a hand/wrist. My bones were all over the place and they had to be manipulated back in place. Nurse held my shoulder and docker pulled. Way I descried it was pulling a string of sausages. They had to do it twice. Can't renumber how long I was there but when I did it it was the weekend so couple of Dept's shut.

At least I learned to write left handed. Still went work, just took it easy. Work could not get cover and it would have been hard for the other bloke to do all shifts and the work wasn't too demanding so I coped..

He's only 12 so work not an option lol hes plastered from tips to elbow,,trauma team will ring me monday when they've looked at his xrays and decide if they have everything in the right place,,if not..... :(

His football season is over, thats right cheesed him off. Painkillers working after about an hour and wearing off just as fast. Hopefully tonight he (and me!) will manage to get a bit of sleep and things will look better tomorrow!

Don't now what to do yet. Nothing iplanned. Sat I washed some curtains and they came out the machine shredded. Went out to buy a new set and only came back with a mop. Not sure how to buy them actually.

The windows measure around 55" across and over 72" to the floor. There is a radiator under the window. Would this be safe? Also I looked at a pair of curtains and the measurement says eithet 46" across or 66" across is this each curtain or total for both? Length down is 72" or 90" Don't want to pay a lot. Not bothered what design. Not flowers though. Plain or net will do.

Got some curtains in theend but never had enough things to hang them up. They are purple dark. Didnt want any with too many flowers and being dark they show less of the dust and muck. Went for shorter ones. Just about reach the rad and thewidth is OK so they'll do for the next five years at least.

Must have had my others since I moved in around 1980 which is prob why they fell to bits.

Try to get some printing of books off, Finished up wasting loads of paper through printing in the wrong place. Tried to do what I had double sided and finished up with two and one left handed book. Also run out of ink again.

Guest seanfox778

Today, I saw that my ironing board cover was wrinkled. I laughed at the irony. Then I laughed again because irony has the word iron in it.

I joined up as a secret shopper for a laugh and going to do an assignment at a certain bookies tomorrow about whether they ask for my ID lol

Shit pay but its only 15 mins work.

What sort of pay do you get per 'assignment'?

I joined up as a secret shopper for a laugh and going to do an assignment at a certain bookies tomorrow about whether they ask for my ID lol

Shit pay but its only 15 mins work.

Hate you lot. Means I have to do a fake smile all day and treat the most miserable customers ever just in case they are a 'secret/mystery shopper'.

Bastards. :).

What sort of pay do you get per 'assignment'?

Well this tomorrow is £10 plus £5 back which I will spend tomorrow. Meh it's not great but it's 10-15 minutes in store plus uploading everything to the market research company.

Hate you lot. Means I have to do a fake smile all day and treat the most miserable customers ever just in case they are a 'secret/mystery shopper'.

Bastards. :).

Haha :D

CBA to start a new thread, but has anyone tried earning money by offering themselves up for medical trials or whatever they're known as? I thought about it when I was a poor student but didn't want to risk being turned into the elephant man or owt. The spank bank was another option. :/

Ok bit shattered still Beer Fest started. Will have to go bed now.

Catch up TV was not working on Virgin again. Would be the week when I'll be out till late every night at the fest with very little time to catch up.

Last night after the football my internet was acting slow so could not do much reading of posts here so behind on that too. Will have to get up earlier thanintended now.

I signed up for a secret shoppers thing last year. I kep being sent enrollment things and tests but it was for exclusive shops and if your report is not good enough you are not paid and you have to claim anything you spent. You are noyt even certain of getting money back.

Edited by Nightguard