Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Sent email for job last Wed. Got a call a couple of hours later to go for interview Thurs. said I had to bring pic ID passport/DL Passport out of date and I dont drive so was told it would be no good. Would have been OK as well. Car park attendan-stewardt at the speedway as and when needed.

Just ordered a replacement ink cartridge off Ebay 7.49+1.50 pp. Last one lasted less than a week. Mainly cos I wasted a lot of paper through jams and douple paper going through when doing a quantity reversed so had to redo.

Think I may be better off with a laser printer but cannot afford one ATM. Got old printers VCR's DVD TV's I could sell on if collected. If there is someway I can trade some stuff for a laser I will be happy enough. Whoever has them, if its a trader will only refurbish and sell onfor a profit.

I went for my job interview last Monday, but didn't make it through for a 2nd interview.

Good news today, though, another interview (for a different job) is in the offing on Thursday lunchtime. According to the recruitment agency, "they really want to interview you". Sounds positive, but I really don't want to get my hopes up too much in case I'm disappointed.

Other good news today, one of my mates has announced that she's pregnant. They got married at the end of October last year and she's just had her 3 month scan today, so they certainly didn't waste any time :thumbup:

Edited by clare

I went for my job interview last Monday, but didn't make it through for a 2nd interview.

Good news today, though, another interview (for a different job) is in the offing on Thursday lunchtime. According to the recruitment agency, "they really want to interview you". Sounds positive, but I really don't want to get my hopes up too much in case I'm disappointed.

Other good news today, one of my mates has announced that she's pregnant. They got married at the end of October last year and she's just had her 3 month scan today, so they certainly didn't waste any time :thumbup:

All the best with it

Start my new job tomorow. Pretty nervous.

Good luck :)

Just had a call from my solicitor regarding my tribunal. She said with my TUPE claim the other company are still disputing it but their solicitor is not prepared and she says potentially my claim could be worth 20 grand but she is going to put in for about 12 and see what they offer. The company are being pretty stubborn over it and after giving the solicitor the details he agreed that I have a good case so will try and come up with a settlement.

I was not expecting that much TBH. I said I was wondering how it would affect my benefits but anything between 7-12 it would not matter. I would still be on JSA as even £12000 would not last long with no other income but it would enable me to budget better and peace of mind regarding my work situation.

The tribunals is tomorrow morning and she said she was going to have a word with their rep and see if they get back by 3pm with an offer or it will go ahead.

The thought of the possibility of having a reasonably lump sum suddenly is making more nervous than not having it. But I just want it to be over so to know where I stand for the future and maybe plan for other things.

I wonder if they would be so stubborn if the bloke I was working with had put in a claim also. I am only one person and normally the TYPE thing is done with a group of workers. I was not sure about the sub-contract part but my solicitor says there is a ruling that applies to that also.

Just had a call from my solicitor regarding my tribunal. She said with my TUPE claim the other company are still disputing it but their solicitor is not prepared and she says potentially my claim could be worth 20 grand but she is going to put in for about 12 and see what they offer. The company are being pretty stubborn over it and after giving the solicitor the details he agreed that I have a good case so will try and come up with a settlement.

I was not expecting that much TBH. I said I was wondering how it would affect my benefits but anything between 7-12 it would not matter. I would still be on JSA as even £12000 would not last long with no other income but it would enable me to budget better and peace of mind regarding my work situation.

The tribunals is tomorrow morning and she said she was going to have a word with their rep and see if they get back by 3pm with an offer or it will go ahead.

The thought of the possibility of having a reasonably lump sum suddenly is making more nervous than not having it. But I just want it to be over so to know where I stand for the future and maybe plan for other things.

I wonder if they would be so stubborn if the bloke I was working with had put in a claim also. I am only one person and normally the TYPE thing is done with a group of workers. I was not sure about the sub-contract part but my solicitor says there is a ruling that applies to that also.

It sounds promising and I hope you get at least what you're expecting! Good luck :thumbup:

Thanks. I just hope I can resist the temptation to go on a spending spree. It may sound a lot but I will still have to budget if I am not working full time. I just want to manage until I am able to claim pension credits (if I can) or retirement age then I can come off the JSA. Will wait and see what happens then re-access. . .

Went for a passport renewal form and was told that I could not wear glasses for the photo. Never mattered before but your eyes cannot be covered.

Can't really afford to renew (unless I win) but I need one for ID purposes and maybe take a break when this thing is over if it goes the right way. Where I go will depend if and how much comp I get. Not been abroad for a few years. It will be a one off then I'll get back to tight budgeting which may last until I find work am able to claim pension credits or reach retirement age. It may be made easier but now I have started keeping an eye on my budget maybe I should continue.

I have already overspent this month but I have bought things I would not normally by weekly like a suit, curtains and extra ink cartridges and I receive money for my bike so taking in everything I'm about even if extra ordinary items are not counted.

Went for a passport renewal form and was told that I could not wear glasses for the photo. Never mattered before but your eyes cannot be covered.

Can't really afford to renew (unless I win) but I need one for ID purposes and maybe take a break when this thing is over if it goes the right way. Where I go will depend if and how much comp I get. Not been abroad for a few years. It will be a one off then I'll get back to tight budgeting which may last until I find work am able to claim pension credits or reach retirement age. It may be made easier but now I have started keeping an eye on my budget maybe I should continue.

I have already overspent this month but I have bought things I would not normally by weekly like a suit, curtains and extra ink cartridges and I receive money for my bike so taking in everything I'm about even if extra ordinary items are not counted.

I'm sure a quick jaunt to the Algarve wouldn't be too bank breaking if you timed it right. Good luck Ken :fc:

Edited by 21st Century Fox

I blew it. I got confused over some dates which meant there was a gap between the temp starting and the new company taking over at the site. Never had my timesheet which would have proven the dates. Found texts on my phone sent to my mate at the site but I had already changed my statement.

B ut they offered me a job and will pay for my SIA renewal and working at the same place so maybe not too bad. My wages in a year will be equal to any compensation. They said they will honour the contract I had so they cannot sack me after a fortnight and will have to guarantee me a job.

For a start they were saying they had no jobs but would offer me one if it came up. I said no (through solicitor) she went back then it was they couldnt c say where I'd be working and would be moved about. That was another no. Then they offered the job and considering I might have lopst because of my error I accepted. They'll send stuff to me. I just have to pass their check tand get my card back 6-7 weeks then its 48 hours weeks again. It'll be nearly a year out of work when I go back.

That luxuary cruise is a no go now. Will have to be Skeggy.

Edited by Nightguard

I blew it. I got confused over some dates which meant there was a gap between the temp starting and the new company taking over at the site. Never had my timesheet which would have proven the dates. Found texts on my phone sent to my mate at the site but I had already changed my statement.

B ut they offered me a job and will pay for my SIA renewal and working at the same place so maybe not too bad. My wages in a year will be equal to any compensation. They said they will honour the contract I had so they cannot sack me after a fortnight and will have to guarantee me a job.

For a start they were saying they had no jobs but would offer me one if it came up. I said no (through solicitor) she went back then it was they couldnt c say where I'd be working and would be moved about. That was another no. Then they offered the job and considering I might have lopst because of my error I accepted. They'll send stuff to me. I just have to pass their check tand get my card back 6-7 weeks then its 48 hours weeks again. It'll be nearly a year out of work when I go back.

Not sure if it's the news you might have been waiting for mate. But I hope its good one way or the other. :thumbup:

Well done back in work.

What done me was when they asked for the exact date. There was a relief guard not their company and I said on oath it could have been the 26th. I relised after that that was werong and it was different to my statement. I couldn't go back after lunch and change my mind again. It would have looked like I was lying or my solicitor had cohered me. I thought that I had a timesheet with me that would have shown the hours. I had something on texts but it was too late when I found it. I had 68 hours on it. 48 plus 9 for bank holiday and 11 at a new site. Month ends on the 25th. so that has to be Sat/Sun Mon/Tues (other bloke on hols, did his shift).

Oh well, I may last a year in the job then I'll have the equivalent. It's £7 ph which is not too bad for security.

Saw somebody that used to visit the side may have been electric or gas meter reader, he said they were making changes and starting to use the place. A lot of building work going on so will be busier...

The very best of luck to you Ken, you deserve some good luck

Good luck Ken.

Edited by DANGEROUS TIGER

Good day seeing as whilst renovating a holiday cottage I found £100 stuffed under a mattress in one of the bedrooms. The downside is the money must have been there for a long time as it was in the form of five old style twenty pound notes. :/

Pretty sure I can cash them in at my bank though...

Having geared myself up for a birrov a fight (work related), the other side didn't turn up. I'm calling it a moral victory.

Let's throw down, Leese. You need to get it out of your system.

Women are shit at, erm, (think, Finners, think!) driving! What do you think of THAT!?

Let's throw down, Leese. You need to get it out of your system.

Women are shit at, erm, (think, Finners, think!) driving! What do you think of THAT!?

Most women ARE shit at driving. Clueless fecking divots, giving the rest (read as few) of us a bad name!

You should follow me on Twitter; there's my outlet ;)