Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Not great. Just broke up with my boyfriend of 6 years. (Together since we were 13.)

He never forgave me for spending a year away just to watch football...So not only has supporting Leicester city for the year cost me ££££ and a year out of college, it has also cost me my boyfriend... Good thing I've got a game of football with the lads planned for tomorrow and a possible piss up after.

Nothing a good game of football can't solve :thumbup::cheers:

Now you can shower with 21 other blokes as a single man. See, its not all bad kiddo.

Fantastic few days in Cornwall. Weather ranged from OK to Shit. But it mattered not, walks along the beach, supping a pint or three in a real pub, home cooked food of the highest order, afternoon naps and sky multi-room for my footie moments. Drove back early this morning in lovely sunshine. Not bad.

Not great. Just broke up with my boyfriend of 6 years. (Together since we were 13.)

He never forgave me for spending a year away just to watch football...So not only has supporting Leicester city for the year cost me ££££ and a year out of college, it has also cost me my boyfriend... Good thing I've got a game of football with the lads planned for tomorrow and a possible piss up after.

Nothing a good game of football can't solve :thumbup::cheers:

I drank an entire bottle of whisky in a couple of hours after I broke up with my last boyfriend, who I was with for only a couple of months. I think perhaps I should avoid relationships in the future, for the sake of my health...

Edited by lcfcadam

Not bad. Went to the cashpoint this lunchtime, got a mini statement and found a load of money had gone in. I think it may be back pay from my job that I was forced to leave. I did think about a tax rebate then I thought 'The taxman giving money back? no way.'

All I'll say its over 500 and under 1000

Also went to a writers group. Managed to grind another poem out in the canteen before. A little bit of work is needed on it but not now as I'm off bed.

I am bored today, and I think I have read everything on Foxestalk, my current contract is coming to an end tomorrow and I have nothing to do, no point starting anything, the only thing I am supposed to be looking at I can't do anything because I am waiting on someone else to do what they are supposed to.

Still new contract starts on Monday, going to be based in Waltham Cross, anyone ever heard of that? Know any good pubs or things to do? technically it's in hertfordshire, but it is only 15 - 20 minutes in to central London.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel

Just about to go oy. Need some feed back on this. There are a couple of stanzas where the rhyme is not perfect but does it read OK.

Want to submit it for Down Not Out mag Action Homeless are bring out soon. I have my name down as a reporter for them (volunteer) and not done anything yet.

Down Not Out

Recently I spoke to a young man.

Let’s say his name was John.

He told me of his life,

And the things he had done.

His childhood was not a happy one,

a broken home and abused by someone close.

Backward in reading and sums,

his schooling suffered as a result.

He left school at 16 years old.

Joined the army, felt there was nothing else.

He was taught how to march, how to obey,

and when need how to kill. In self defence

He was told when to sleep.

when to wake and when to eat.

He was feeling happy,

felt his life was complete.

He then was sent to the Afgan war.

He returned with anxiety and stress.

The army he loved he had to leave,

His nerves were in a mess.

He moved into a bedsitter flat,

with the remains of his army pay.

But soon fell behind with the rent,

and told he had to leave.

Not knowing where to go,

he found himself on the street.

Sleeping on cardboard in shop doorways

Begging for loose change in the day.

Passer bys ignored his pleas,

muttering he is on the dole,

will only spend money on drink and drugs.

The medal he ware with pride, some said he stole.

Then one night someone did stop,

helped him to his feet.

Took him to a sheltered home,

gave him something to eat.

He was taught how to read,

and enrolled on an IT course.

He was shown where to seek help,

and how to find some work.

Now he is a leader at the home,

helps others change their lives.

For those like he once was,

I asked if he had advice.

He said, my friend, believe in yourself,

never have self doubt,

say to yourself each and every day,

I am down not out.

I have been out so had a chance to read through and edit. I will change the doc then post in a new thread.

Edited by Nightguard

Belated, but Wednesday I spent the night feeling massively out of place at a charity event in London for Nordoff Robbins. In the VIP bar was Alan Shearer, Steve Bruce, Sam Allardyce, Alan Pardew, Brian Deane, Chris Coleman etc etc......but the star of the show, or dancefloor to be more precise, was a Mr Iain Dowie. I've never seen shapes like it, couldn't get my phone out quick enough for laughing, but here he is just winding down: http://www.twitvid.com/9GEH9

What a guy, I don't think I'll ever witness moves like that ever again.

• Like 1

Belated, but Wednesday I spent the night feeling massively out of place at a charity event in London for Nordoff Robbins. In the VIP bar was Alan Shearer, Steve Bruce, Sam Allardyce, Alan Pardew, Brian Deane, Chris Coleman etc etc......but the star of the show, or dancefloor to be more precise, was a Mr Iain Dowie. I've never seen shapes like it, couldn't get my phone out quick enough for laughing, but here he is just winding down: http://www.twitvid.com/9GEH9

That is brilliant!

lol

OK. I found some money twice today. Lunchtime I saw 20p as I was leaving The Plantagenet and coming home tonight I picted up 5p.

25p? I hear you say but it all counts if you are on a tight budget and overspend on beer. :appl: where has the beer smiley gone? :beer: found it :beer:

I have a book of poems by a City fan written about the 2003-04 season. 'A Season To Remember.' Her name is Brenda Page. At the time of the publication she had been following City for 37 years. She suffered from Parkinson's disease and money from the sales went to the Leicester branch of the Parkinsons Society and Cancer research.

Most of the poems are too long to retype here.. Poems dedicated to Micky Adams, The Birch Dickov ,Muzzy,Ian Walker,'Sir' Les, and the one and only Mr Warnock.

Anyone know Brenda or if she still goes down the City?

I have a book of poems by a City fan written about the 2003-04 season. 'A Season To Remember.' Her name is Brenda Page. At the time of the publication she had been following City for 37 years. She suffered from Parkinson's disease and money from the sales went to the Leicester branch of the Parkinsons Society and Cancer research.

Most of the poems are too long to retype here.. Poems dedicated to Micky Adams, The Birch Dickov ,Muzzy,Ian Walker,'Sir' Les, and the one and only Mr Warnock.

Anyone know Brenda or if she still goes down the City?

I know her number 1 fan.

1exn48.jpg

Very good. I was just wondering that's all as she as she had followed City for 37 yers and had Parkinson's I assumed she would not be a young person possibly over 50 if alive. Forget where I got he book now but it was signed. May have bought it at a game or before in a pub. Cost £2.50 at the time and that was all I was going to ask for mine. With inflation I should price it at least £8.

Edited by Nightguard