Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

What annoys me is that prior to being out of work through no fault of my own I had been in full time work for 45 years with no more than a three month break. I am now 60 and expected to be offered jobs over younger and fitter applicants. I know this is not going to happen but the pen pushes that follow rules and guidelines to the letter do not.The same week I had that job given to me to apply for I enquire for 2 or 3 other jobs which I thought I had a better chance of getting but Oh no they decided the one that fitted my profile so I can't say different.

Anyway got to call back the security company that offered me a job after my tribunal. Filled the application form in, my replacement birth certificate has arrived. I just hope the accept my passport as an ID which expired July last year. Cant afford to renew although I still have to wait for a renewal of my SIA license. If something is certain I can renew if they can wait to look at it.

PS just phoned them. Woman I spoke to seems nice. She says as long as I send a copy of my birth certificate proof of address (utility bill) they can start the vetting then process my SIA bade ASAP.

So things may not be as bad as I thought. I'll be back to a 48hr week. Yippee. I lost the other birth certificate that was sent to me so I may make two copies and put one away. My meyres are due to be read soon so hopefully someones about when they do it My bank statement should arrive in the next day or so. They want passport photos not sure if I need to post them. Probably should.

Edited by Nightguard

Yes it it. And what is most depressing about it is you get used to it so when you start again you feel even more depressed. Hopefully though they'll take me on. I had a bit going on while I've been off but I can now work around it. Done most of the things I wanted to. I passed an ECDL course. Toiled with Community Journalism (which I can still do in spare time) and had many lazy days. If I can stick at the job for a year I will be elligble for pension credits. If I last longer then when my SIA badge runs out again I will only be a year or two off retirement anyway. Just wish I had got a couple of part time cleaning jobs for when that happens.

Just printed off some copies of the docs I have to send off. When I get their confirmation by email.

If they can get my license quicker then maybe I can live off my savings for a few weeks and any emergancy payment that I may get.

Here's just a snippet of an e-mail I just received :wub:

You’ll be working as a Medal and Flower Bearer, I hope you already know that. You’ll be preparing and checking the medals and flowers that will be presented and then carrying them out to the podium. You’ll be holding the tray from which the official presenter takes the medal to hand to the winning athletes. You’ll learn more about exactly what that entails when we begin our rehearsals in July. It’s a key role and right at the heart of the ceremonies.

SHIT JUST GOT REAL.

Wow nice going.

I sent an appeal form off yesterday. Went to the community law centre. Also filled out a hardship claim form. Means a reduction in the JSA. The appeal takes up to six weeks.

Happier note sent my job application pack off. Spoke to them on the phone and if it's all in order I have the job. They did promise and i believe all the paperwork is OK. My application form is not filled in great but shouldn't stop an interview. They don't seem as if they are trying to wriggle out of the agreement. If they were they may have found a way before now. Like say an out of date passport was no good and I never had all the docs needed. Never asked for a CBV all the details on the application. Sent more than I needed to anyway. Sent it registered post so may hear something by Friday. Then my badge has to be done. so by the time my appeal is processed I may be back in work.

Here's just a snippet of an e-mail I just received :wub:

SHIT JUST GOT REAL.

Always knew you would make a good flower girl.

Enjoyed my ANZAC day, finished off by going to the rugby Melbourne V New Zealand a touching tribute to all the diggers pre-match and Melbourne managed a nice win to make that 8 in a row to start the season which is a record.

Wow nice going.

I sent an appeal form off yesterday. Went to the community law centre. Also filled out a hardship claim form. Means a reduction in the JSA. The appeal takes up to six weeks.

Happier note sent my job application pack off. Spoke to them on the phone and if it's all in order I have the job. They did promise and i believe all the paperwork is OK. My application form is not filled in great but shouldn't stop an interview. They don't seem as if they are trying to wriggle out of the agreement. If they were they may have found a way before now. Like say an out of date passport was no good and I never had all the docs needed. Never asked for a CBV all the details on the application. Sent more than I needed to anyway. Sent it registered post so may hear something by Friday. Then my badge has to be done. so by the time my appeal is processed I may be back in work.

Good News, hope it all works out :thumbup:

ok then. Out drinking with friends and the news comes on the TV. There's that Madeline McCann as she'd look now bit, and I mention that it looks similar (from what I can remember) to one of my class mates in year 7-8 sort of time, from which we launch into planning the new hit ITV show - Gerald the time travelling paedophile. I like my friends, but boy are they weird people.

ok then. Out drinking with friends and the news comes on the TV. There's that Madeline McCann as she'd look now bit, and I mention that it looks similar (from what I can remember) to one of my class mates in year 7-8 sort of time, from which we launch into planning the new hit ITV show - Gerald the time travelling paedophile. I like my friends, but boy are they weird people.

I guess you had to be there!

You're welcome!

Are you going to try and flog a medal, i'm sure they will have spares.

We'll see what I can do. Would you like some lovely flowers just in case there's no medals lying about?

Oh please somewhere, somehow.... an LCFC badge or something MUST make an appearance? :)

Yeah, fvck the uniform, I'll go out in all Leicester kit :P. Haha, not sure how well trying to sneak something in will go down!

We'll see what I can do. Would you like some lovely flowers just in case there's no medals lying about?

Yeah, fvck the uniform, I'll go out in all Leicester kit :P. Haha, not sure how well trying to sneak something in will go down!

City cufflinks and shorter than acceptable jacket sleeves :thumbup:

Ddin't get the job i went to the interview for, did a really good interview and was one of the best candidates but aparently just got beat by someone with a little more experiance :(

On the plus side i've got another interview on Tuesday 2nd May at Humberstone Junior School, so hopefully i get this one!

Wow thats fantastic.Good luck.

100m final presentation,the world watches,you trip up with an LCFC logo on the bottom of the tray.sorted.

Thank you.

Aha, I know what events I've been allocated. Unfortunately nothing at the Olympic Stadium! My highest profile event I'll be presenting medals/flowers for are rowing and basketball.

Got a letter yesterday from HMRC telling me they had reassesed my tax codes and that they had:

1) written to my accountant from years ago telling them my personal tax allowance for 2012/13 was reduced by £6000 to £2000. :facepalm:

2) written to my current employer to tell them I have no personal tax allowance for my current job and to tax me at a flat 40% :facepalm:

So 35 mins of listening to muzak later and when the HMRC officer finally answered she immediately re-coded me to a normal £8K personal allowance tax code for my current job

Today - opened my payslip and my employer had very diligently taxed me at 40% - apparently they assumed I either had pension income (at 38?) or another primary job (despite being a full-time employee) and couldn't be arsed to check with me why my circumstances had changed :facepalm:

Luckily HMRC will refund me a good few hundred quid in some future tax year at a rate of not very much per week :unsure:

Does anybody want to buy my Leeds tickets? lol

Thank you.

Aha, I know what events I've been allocated. Unfortunately nothing at the Olympic Stadium! My highest profile event I'll be presenting medals/flowers for are rowing and basketball.

Not bad events at all,mind you to get any events would be fantastic.i would get injured walking to the podiums let alone competing.

Been on Foxestalk nearly all day but some of you may know that.

Was going out but not much money so I'll be Not going Out watching not Going Out on TV.

Looked at my job alerts earlier. Started filling in a application for a job at East Midland Airport. Said full time but it was 02.30-5.00 Tues-Frid and 20.00-0.30 Sun. Only make that just over 15. Its loading stuff off coveyor belts and scanni9ng it. Part security part loader.

There is a regular service to EMA through the night so the times are no problem. It's just I'm waiting from the offer I had. They should have my details now so may contact me anytime. Don't know what to do.

May fill it in tomorrow. just for the jobcentre to look at something.