Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I an ****ing hammered. Nobody drink like lcc.

Wuvoo foxypv :)

:kissing:

Been good so far. Took FoxyJr to the museum, had a bit of lunch and now sitting watching Empire of the Seas: How the navy forged the modern world.

I'll maybe go over and watch the football later.

OK. Got through signing on at JC without being lectured. While I was waiting some poor woman was being told her efforts to find work was not good enough (same woman who lectured me) and say her benefits were going to be stopped'

'A school dinner lady is not enough hours, you must do better.'

The bloke I saw today was OK. He seemed to almost agree about the job I never went for. He says as long as I show I'm doing something. Thing is the job I've been offered may take a while to be confirmed and I have still got to apply for other jobs. If I'm accepted for a job do I leave it or do I tell the others I don't want it now?

Only looking for temporary though or part time.

Good news time. One of my poems is to be featured on the Home page of Poetry Soup. They choose 48 then rotate them each day so everyone picked has theirs displayed on the home page. Think mine will show on Thursday (page 3) It's the 'It'll Be OK' one.

Had a few positive comments on the site. Surely they are not all just being kind?

Bought a poetry book from the Samaritans charity shop for a £1 Greenwood Dark A Traveller's Poems By Christopher Somerville.

Not heard of him but it's poems about different locations.

OK. Got through signing on at JC without being lectured. While I was waiting some poor woman was being told her efforts to find work was not good enough (same woman who lectured me) and say her benefits were going to be stopped'

'A school dinner lady is not enough hours, you must do better.'

The bloke I saw today was OK. He seemed to almost agree about the job I never went for. He says as long as I show I'm doing something. Thing is the job I've been offered may take a while to be confirmed and I have still got to apply for other jobs. If I'm accepted for a job do I leave it or do I tell the others I don't want it now?

Only looking for temporary though or part time.

Good news time. One of my poems is to be featured on the Home page of Poetry Soup. They choose 48 then rotate them each day so everyone picked has theirs displayed on the home page. Think mine will show on Thursday (page 3) It's the 'It'll Be OK' one.

Had a few positive comments on the site. Surely they are not all just being kind?

Bought a poetry book from the Samaritans charity shop for a £1 Greenwood Dark A Traveller's Poems By Christopher Somerville.

Not heard of him but it's poems about different locations.

Have you sent your poems out to magazines or journals? Might be a good idea you never know maybe you could get some published.

Yes I'm always on the lookout for possibilities. Did have some published in small magazines a few years back and someone on Tumblr has asked me to send some to them for their proposed online magazine and hopefiully an Ebook and print version to follow. I have enough of mine to put into a small anthology. Don't want put them all in. I want to hold some back for the future. Just trying to get the publicity ATM. If I can get even a small number interested It will encourage me to start to write more. The hard thing is to select a variety so not all the best go in the first. I've found some older ones. The ones I am adding later seem to be all war themed and a little depressing. Need to mix them up.

My writing is my work. As one writer said

'What a wife of a poet does not realize, is that when a writer is looking out the window he is working.'

Forgot to say the form I filled out for special payments was returned to me. I missed information out. Even my NI number somehow. And I didn't tick the box to say I wasn't pregnant. Lucky I had to go in the jobcentre today.

Just got back from my job interview at humberstone junior school.

Thought it went ok, find out tonight or tomorrow.

I know a chap who used to be caretaker there, he retired about 4/5 years ago. He offered to put my name forward for the job but I declined, I wish I'd have gone for it now.

I know a chap who used to be caretaker there, he retired about 4/5 years ago. He offered to put my name forward for the job but I declined, I wish I'd have gone for it now.

you might have missed out on becoming a mod on here though .

Edited by Zingari

That's a good point, think how the forum would have suffered.

Erm - and your CV, modship is a 2-way street.

Ask not what you can do for FT but what FT can do for you. Umm, or something.

Not bad. Had a call off the office that are dealing with my appeal against my JSA sanction. Very nice woman. Smpathetic sheseemed. I had two different letters with different dates of santions. She said theres too many depts not knowing what each other are doing and they cant take back what I've already had. I gave her more details about the job I never applied for and she never argued. Said more details the better is for me.

Then I went to meet the woman who's doing editing and proof reading for my proposed book. She says she knows someone who might sponsor it. They saw some examples and liked them. So a bit more editing and we can print some sample copies off after working out the layout cover content etc.

Next my solicitor who represented me at my tribunal called me this afternoon. She's had details from the hearing so should mean those that offered me a job should have received or will receive soon then they can process everything. I mentioned an interview and she said there should be no interview as long as my PRB vetting is in order. I did email them yesterday not had a reply yet but if they are sttill waiting for the court hering result first they may contact me soon. They seemed genuine with the offer.

How its going to work I do not know. I have to wait for my SIA badge to come through and they wont be able to give me a definate start date so I will still have to job search and apply. Unless they pay me a reduced wage while waiting. They could also be able to get the card quicker than me applying. Anyway if I email them once a week for an update, go into Ace recruitments once a week and put the Mercury page job page down as a search thats my 3 attempts for the week or apply for any job.

Not bad. Had a call off the office that are dealing with my appeal against my JSA sanction. Very nice woman. Smpathetic sheseemed. I had two different letters with different dates of santions. She said theres too many depts not knowing what each other are doing and they cant take back what I've already had. I gave her more details about the job I never applied for and she never argued. Said more details the better is for me.

Then I went to meet the woman who's doing editing and proof reading for my proposed book. She says she knows someone who might sponsor it. They saw some examples and liked them. So a bit more editing and we can print some sample copies off after working out the layout cover content etc.

Next my solicitor who represented me at my tribunal called me this afternoon. She's had details from the hearing so should mean those that offered me a job should have received or will receive soon then they can process everything. I mentioned an interview and she said there should be no interview as long as my PRB vetting is in order. I did email them yesterday not had a reply yet but if they are sttill waiting for the court hering result first they may contact me soon. They seemed genuine with the offer.

How its going to work I do not know. I have to wait for my SIA badge to come through and they wont be able to give me a definate start date so I will still have to job search and apply. Unless they pay me a reduced wage while waiting. They could also be able to get the card quicker than me applying. Anyway if I email them once a week for an update, go into Ace recruitments once a week and put the Mercury page job page down as a search thats my 3 attempts for the week or apply for any job.

• Like 1