Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Receive an email from the reporter at the Mercury. Basically they want people to send in short articles and opinions about Leicester. She sent a couple of PDF files and the column is on the letters page to the right. She said it can be about almost anything. Not sure if she meant a plug or just something on the subject of poetry. Can't really think of anything atm. I don't normally have strong opinions about anything which is what they might want. Never said if it was paid or not but I do get a mugshot of me included.

Also received a call from someone from Tesco they want me to go for an interview next Thursday. Some place on St Nicholas Circle. Imperial House. I had almost given up and forgotten about that one if its the one with the questionnaire. No doubt they will ask some of the questions again. Can't remember which thread it was now.

Still waiting for confirmation from the security offer I honestly do not know which would be best for me..

Just come back from Liverpool. Went yesterday, slept and just got back home. Always like going. This time, we went in the childhood homes of John Lennon and Paul McCartney as well, which I've never done before, very interesting.

Good day/night, and now ready for the European Championships to kick off later.

Visit to job centre. Haircut ready for Thursday interview. Media training for DNO. On way home went to Y theatre for The Word an eveng of poetry and other acts. Good night. There was a guest poet from Birmingham all performers were good. I even got to read one of mine(Cellular Madness) which went down OK. Sold a book but I think I lost one. Not everyone on the table I was on realised they were not free. Even the one that paid seemed reluctant borrowing a pound from a woman next to her. I have no problem giving some away but can't give all of them for free. It seems poets are tight beggars when it comes to buying other poets works.

Yhere was one girl who read I thought very good and couragious. Thought she was putting on an act at first but it seemd she has a condition where she cannot control her reflexes of arms and legs. To get up in front of an audience is scary enough. But I think she is a rgular and accepted so nobody sees her as anything but a performing poet.

Edited by Nightguard

Had the strangest of mornings yesterday... Called for some petrol when driving home from somewhere. Finally got home and I'd lost my house key. Looked for the key in the car (couldn't find it), went back to Tesco to see if I dropped it. But then I put my hand in my right pocket, and there was the key.

The only thing is, which is why I said strange, I cannot recall putting the key in my pocket... Why would I even take it off my keyring, I never do that?! I honestly can't remember. And it all wasted about 40 minutes.

Aside from that, nothing.

Sat in my garden this morning, sipping coffee and enjoying a secretive cigar. Sun was out and all the stuff I have planted is growing well, the lawn is clipped as short as it can get (thanks to a dry Sunday) and it felt lovely. Oh for a real summer of warm sunny days and balmy evenings. Yeah right.

Tiring nights work, not long got up and still feel wiped out :(

Will be interesting to see if one of the night shift saw operaters in my section still has a job today after he got caught out lying, lied to my face too, about pranging a machine with a forklift and was trying to pass the blame onto others.

There are a lot of Polish peeps where i work and the guy that works alongside me was well chuffed about drawing with Russia, singing a polish football song lol and saying if they beat them on the pitch they will not beat them on the streets :o

They really do not like the Russians lol

Congrats :scarf:

Was meant to playing a match tonight but MsFoxy phoned to say she won't be finished work until after 9, so that's that out the window.

Edited by FoxyPV

Had a job interview in Leicester today as i was approached by a company and it was nice to see a little more than my route to the ground(not being from the city).uxbridge rd near soar valley college.Went ok,but as i do not need a job i was asking him why i should leave my job to join him,not to sure he could grasp my interrogation of him throughout and reasons why certain parts of his business were not doing as well as they could.We shall see,nothing to lose.

One question he asked me was"why do your present employers keep employing you?" me "because im good,and make the boss a rich man"

Still think some of the houses in Bushby on A47 are my sort of abode.

Took a day's leave, as per MsFoxy's instructions, so we could have a bit of time together without the children' and she forgot she'd loads of work to do. She's now buggered off to work and left me on my tod so I went down to Homebase and bought a lawnmower.

Edited by FoxyPV

Took a day's leave, as per MsFoxy's instructions, so we could have a bit of time together without the children' and she forgot she'd loads of work to do. She's now buggered off to work and left me on my tod so I went down to Homebase and bought a lawnmower.

Shame you live on the 12th floor!

Mans tools,that will teach her to leave you unsupervised.

Whats happened to the forum? Mines gone all strange.

Anyway went for job interview. Seemed to do OK. Nice and pleasant female interviewer. Said store opening mid July and they wont take too long on selecting. Only thing that worried me a little was whether she saw me as a team player. There was a set of questions and that area was my weakest although I think I answered OK.

She seemed fairly impressed when she was asking what I did to get over bad times. I said I kept busy and learned new skills and published a book of poetry. Also said how my brother helped me budget while less money came in. I think that earned points.

IIf there is 150 posts I may have a chance. Only thing is they expect you to multi-task so could be doing anything from tills to warehouse to cleaning. I said I may be best suited to warehouse and loading bay. They also expect extra hours if needed. They do seem a decent company to work for. A lot of free benefits. You just have to return with your loyalty.

Forum back to normal after a restart. All the link tabs were down one side.

Edited by Nightguard

Just looked at my emails. Got one from Tesco. They are not taking my application any further cannot give more feedback because of the number of applicants.

Thought I had a reasonable chance but maybe its my age. They want people there long term not just a couple of years.