Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Sadly No, there are no agreements on face to face contact from the adoptive parents. It will be restricted to a yearly letter. We won't know where she is or what kind of life she might expect. We only know the rough age of the adpoters, that's all Social Services will tell us.

We are adoptive parents ourselves so we know this experience from both sides now. We always felt it important to give the birth family as much info as possible. In our 2 cases both birth grandparents declined to have any direct contact for reasons they didn't disclose. We would have been willing to allow it as it's important for the adopted child to know as much about their family history as possible, good and bad. Often a bad family history give the child a sense of justification in being adopted.

Whatever happens, an adopted child needs to know "things".

I could go on at length about adoption and all it's pleasures and pitfalls. If anyone is interested i could start a thread or PM me if you like.

Edited by Parafox

Not a good week

2 yr old grandaughter is being adopted and we had our final farewell visit, buckets of tears.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

That must be so tough.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Went out last night with a few guys from work and needless to say today felt like work was never going to end today. Trying to keep my eyes open to watch Jay-Z at hackney at the minute though, which is pretty darn good if you guys aren't watching it (bbc3).

Great first week back working after 6 months out.

Was on 6am-6pm last week, for 4 days then 4 days off, so when i go back i'll be on the 6pm-6am for 4 days then 4 days off.

Can finally start doing stuff now again i'm working! :beer: :beer:

Went out last night, just looking through the pub window and this guy was playing with traffic. He kept jumping off of the pavement onto the road, and back, then he got on his knees and started crawling in front of cars. All cars had to stop and drive around him. Got it all on video!

Anyone heard of INGEUS UK LTD? It's the work program I've been put on. i'm gonna Google but extra info would be helpful as a different point of view.

Filled a form out to see what tax credits/allowances I'd get or lose in relation to hours worked. That's all fine but need to have a job first. They always seem to assume that I'll be able to walk into any job.

http://www.ingeus.co.uk/pages/home/0/ingeus.html

Edited by Nightguard

Does anyone know of a vintage and retro charity shop in the city centre?Might be the Guildhall area. They are advertising for volunteers an I've just answered the ad. Being vintage myself thought it might suit me.

Just gone to print the page off and it printed two blank pages and four other pages jbefore it printed the one i wanted. 6 pages wasted.

Just had a letter from the benefits office. There was a change in my rent which according to the letter I had was going up but the fgures given it has gone down. Do the benefit office say I owe them £1.76 and say from 24/7/2012 they will reduce payments to my Housing assoaciation by £10.65 per week until paid. Does any one at their office reread the letters? I'm sure the rent has not gone down but they went on the letter that I received. They tried to contact my HA but got no feedback. So now if its wrong they'll be contacking me to say I am in arrears.

This came in two letters. One is 14 (two sided) pages with about 4 duplicates. This is to recover £1.76. 16p pw overpaid. Why not just say from this date your benifit will be £££? one letter one lot of postage.

Edited by Nightguard

Had a quality few days. Been working at my old primary school, and that's helped me finally decide that I wanna be a primary school teacher in the future. I've never had anything where I've looked forward to getting up in the morning and going in to work e.g. school, college, uni... but I've loved every second of working at the school so far.

Not happened yet,but I'm going camping with my lad in the morning.

MANS CAMPING.

in a farmers field no toilet,open fires,fishing rods and air gun for shooting rabbits.

Me and my mate and his lad.we have got them small knives for whittling safely ,we hope (only I front of us )had some dog tags made up to mark the occasion.really looking forward to it.

My lad will be 9 and he had his bash last week,but all he is looking forward to is this.plenty of foxes,deer and badgers there and a chance to look at some and be with nature.

Edited by cambridgefox
  • Like 1

Not happened yet,but I'm going camping with my lad in the morning.

MANS CAMPING.

in a farmers field no toilet,open fires,fishing rods and air gun for shooting rabbits.

Me and my mate and his lad.we have got them small knives for whittling safely ,we hope (only I front of us )had some dog tags made up to mark the occasion.really looking forward to it.

My lad will be 9 and he had his bash last week,but all he is looking forward to is this.plenty of foxes,deer and badgers there and a chance to look at some and be with nature.

What are the rules for MAN camping these days, is it legal to just pitch up in a field, or are there only certain places you can do that. I got in trouble a couple of times for just trying to pitch a tent, seemingly in the middle of no where, but people would come over and say, "get off our land" more or less.

What are the rules for MAN camping these days, is it legal to just pitch up in a field, or are there only certain places you can do that. I got in trouble a couple of times for just trying to pitch a tent, seemingly in the middle of no where, but people would come over and say, "get off our land" more or less.

My mate knows the farmer and said he was more than happy to for us to fish,shoot and have fires,but as you say unless you ask they can get a bit mardy.