Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Not happened yet,but I'm going camping with my lad in the morning.

MANS CAMPING.

in a farmers field no toilet,open fires,fishing rods and air gun for shooting rabbits.

Me and my mate and his lad.we have got them small knives for whittling safely ,we hope (only I front of us )had some dog tags made up to mark the occasion.really looking forward to it.

My lad will be 9 and he had his bash last week,but all he is looking forward to is this.plenty of foxes,deer and badgers there and a chance to look at some and be with nature.

:D

Hope the weather holds out.

What air rifle do you have? it`ll have to be a good one to kill a rabbit. I`d go for pigeons if I were you.

:D

Hope the weather holds out.

What air rifle do you have? it`ll have to be a good one to kill a rabbit. I`d go for pigeons if I were you.

Both by a company called air arms one is a .22 and one is a 1.77.Not to sound to barbaric,but if you get them in the head they are straight out,good sights and practice.

Just had a reply off that charity shop vacancy I applied for. It's at aRetro and Vintage Store Loseby Lane. Theier name is Sue Ryder.

It's a big charity dealing with helping people with long term illness. Never realised they were so big. They have an online website selling vintage stuff.

Anyway they asked me to call in for an interview which involves application form and Health and Safety. Saif it goes OK might ask me to stay for some training until about 3pm. Could walk in town tody I suppose to check the location. I was googling for the name in the ad not Sue Ryder.

I emailed back to say I had done some work at the Beer Festival serving and my mental arithmitic was quite good and she just replied that I will be put on the till once a training plan is set up.

It seems like she (manager?) is willing to give me a go.

It's fine but unpaid. Have to go to some workplan interview Tuesday and see an advisor so if I am taken on with this it will look good. Not really looking to go into shopwork as a job though.

http://www.suerydercareshop.com/

Edited by Nightguard

Went to see Daniel Kitson in Manchester last night.

Left work early and we drove up the A6 to avoid the M6.

Had to literally run from the Arndale car park to the Royal Exchange, sat down on our seats the exact second he walked onto the stage.

Stressful journey but very satisfying when we actually made it on time.

Found out where the shop is. Next to O'neill's. Just looked in the window. So if anyone wants some Retro stuff I might serve you after Monday. having a chat then a trial run if the interview goes OK. No reason why it shouldn't. They may be more flexable for voluntary work.

I'm sure I can give the right change.

I worked in a charity shop for a few months, I liked it a lot, i didn't like going on the till though but everything else was pretty cool, I was surprised how much effort and how much pressure is put on the managers to make as much money as they can.

Took the kids around Watermead park and then in the Hope and Anchor on the way back for a swift pint. On the way back we saw a snake crawling across the tow path. Never seen a wild snake before in my life.

Walking down the main strip in Zante last week and I got a tap on my shoulder. As I turned round I was greeted with the sight of two blokes, each with a fvcking snake as thick as my leg wrapped around themselves - one green, one white.

To say I shat myself is a gross understatement. I reacted so quickly I reckon I would have had Bolt over the 100m

Hopefully I'll be doing acouple of hours in that charity shop on a trial basis. Tuesday I have to go to see a work program advisor so maybe it will help. In the window theres a notice that says 1 out of 5 volunteers that work for them go on to finnd full time jobs so I hope 1 in 5 is a good %.

Hopefully I'll be doing acouple of hours in that charity shop on a trial basis. Tuesday I have to go to see a work program advisor so maybe it will help. In the window theres a notice that says 1 out of 5 volunteers that work for them go on to finnd full time jobs so I hope 1 in 5 is a good %.

Pleased for you mate... hope all goes well, with any luck can lead on to bigger n better things

Took the kids around Watermead park and then in the Hope and Anchor on the way back for a swift pint. On the way back we saw a snake crawling across the tow path. Never seen a wild snake before in my life.

Walking down the main strip in Zante last week and I got a tap on my shoulder. As I turned round I was greeted with the sight of two blokes, each with a fvcking snake as thick as my leg wrapped around themselves - one green, one white.

To say I shat myself is a gross understatement. I reacted so quickly I reckon I would have had Bolt over the 100m

Had a good weekend man camping with my mate,his lad and my boy.shooting good fishing ok and we saw a large grass snake also.yesterday me and my mate were in the tent and the boys a few hundred yards away when all we heard was "fook,fook aahhh,shit"bombed out and there was a bee keeper who had a gap in his suit and was being stung and bees swarming around him,ran to get the kids to put them in the tent,when one of the stripey b.stards stung me on the eyebrow,not too bad but I hadn't been stung since a boy and my dad was allergic to them so at first was wondering if I would have a reaction.These bees had followed him for 3 mins whilst he was running.Thanks for stopping near us pal.i was going to use my phrase"you've got a face like a badly trained beekeeper"but didn't think it was a wise option at the time.Anyway regarding the snakes,I was attacked by one when I was young so had a real phobia,I'm ok now but I've studied them for a while and know most species around the world.Do you know/remember the markings.

OK. Filled form out at shop read loads of health and safety stuff and helped out for a couple of hours. Must have done OK booke me for another session on Thursday.

Just tidying the stockroom mainly and hanging clothes up ready to be steamed. There were quite a few of us. About 3 applicants and the usual staff. Looks a lot better. Don't know what I'll be doing Thursday. Suppose it depends on how busy they are.

Oh yes nearly forgot. Got home and realised I had left my house keys in the flat. Called the housing who called out a carpenter. Neighbour let me in the communiaal door. Carpenter sawed inbetween the gap where the lock is then nailed the frame back on. Easy really. Didn't even need to change the lock. Somebody could break in empty the place then make it look as if the door had not been opened.

Edited by Nightguard

OK. Filled form out at shop read loads of health and safety stuff and helped out for a couple of hours. Must have done OK booke me for another session on Thursday.

Just tidying the stockroom mainly and hanging clothes up ready to be steamed. There were quite a few of us. About 3 applicants and the usual staff. Looks a lot better. Don't know what I'll be doing Thursday. Suppose it depends on how busy they are.

I sometimes spent all day steaming clothes....one of the downsides to working in the charity shop was finding stuff to do....you soon realise to just take your time to fill the day out....this I suppose depends on how many hours you do though, and how many helpers wokj there.

Edited by purpleronnie

Managed to film the procession. People are calling it but its unlikely to happen gain in leicester.

Anyone into old records. They have some of the 78 rpm in the shop I worked in. Forget the artists think one was called the Xhristmas fronteer song by The fromteersmen. Well somethinglike that. had some Elvis and Wings too. Brill stuff.

They had some old cameras too. I used to collect them. Will have to have a proper look at them.

Think the shop is new going from the number of interviews there was for volunteers.so if I do OK I may have the chance to be more involved.

Not really looking to do retail but if I can do part time in a smallish shop that'll do me. Don't even mind travelling further than I have been looking for if its only a couple of days.