Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Went to a function earlier to celebrate a project that has been going on all over Leicester.

Near Neighbours. Anyone heard of it? It's a Lottery funded project that helps communities come together and help each other out. It's multi-faith Christians, Muslims, Hindus Jewish, Catholics etc.

It was held next door to the cathedrial. The bishop gave a speech but I wish he didn't have to bring religion into it and have it taking the credit for people just being decent people.

They were handing out DVD's of a short film. Can the clips be put straight onto Foxestalk without saving on a web site? Otherwise I will search to se if it has been put anywhere.

Thesample copy of the book about Highfields was on display. Got a couple of poems of mine in and a comment about a neighbour of mine when I first moved to Highfields.

Edited by Nightguard

Went to see the torch in Cambridge.Packed my mrs worked non stop taking pictures of people holding one of the torches for Lloyds.They put on a good show.Group called Young Guns played,very lost prophets /funeral or a friend ish but was a pleasant change from boy band crap.Iwan Thomas ran the final leg.

Went to Stonehenge, and Old Sarum and Salisbury Cathederal in Wiltshire yesterday and then "popped" in to see the Roman Baths at errm Bath on the way back up to sunny Leicester today with the good lady. Good stuff

My hometown. I'm popping down to the Cathedral tomorrow morning to see former sprinter Michael Johnson carrying the Olympic torch.

Signed up for Linkedon. In my profile I can't find a proffession in the list that fits me best. IIt had Retail orofessional to start with. Changed it to retail worker. I'm not realy that as I've only worked in a charity shop for a week.

As much as I hate the Orange bastards, I can't argue with two days off work.

Spent yesterday doing quite a few outdoor jobs as it is always sunny and warm on the Twelfth (I don't know how they do it) and had FoxyJr pushing his lawnmower behind mine.

Spent this morning reading whilst FoxyJr plays with his trains and will probably take him down to the beach after lunch.

Fitness training tonight then work in the morning. :(

Edited by FoxyPV

Had a text off Talk talk this morning. Engineer coming August 6th to connect up. Still not sure if I need to move loads of furniture around (tidy up) or if they need to fit cables in. I have a telephone in my hallway which is a BT which was disconnected when I went onto Virgin.

Will need to call Virgin up and cancel my telephone and Broadband. Don't think I need to cancel the contract. Will just mean Ionly have the TV. They will obviously try to get me to stay but as an existing customer Iwont get the same offer as a new one. Even the new one is only 6 months half price. Talk Talk is 12 months free installation . Will be OK for a year then will see if a better or similar deal is about.