Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Got an offer of accommodation from uni today which was good news, been pretty nervous considering other people on uni forums have been posting about their offers a couple of days ago! Just glad I finally got one.

Just been to jobcentre as well. Gets worser everyday. The woman says "some good jobs you might like', I said "ok where are they?" and she replies "Sweden, France and Poland".. I said to her, "I'm not applying for them" she says "why, you got a passport haven't you?"

Actually when I was first out of work I did hear of security jobs abroad. Forget where. Sweden or Holland. It was a contracted thing. So many months with acomondation and expenses thrown in. Just never got round to making further enquiries. Thought something else would turn up. I was told that in some parts on the continent the securityguards are not licensed and are given a gun with no firearm training.

My passport is out of date so the jobcentre cannot say piss off abroad to me. I have to go to the front desk now and the job search form is just a sheet of paper. Onthe top it says genuine attempts only no repeats or general entrys. Does the general entry mean. Looked in job centre/paper/alerts no jobs that meet my criteria available. or applied for vacancy awaiting reply because that happens to me most days If you don't get enough interviews they can suspend benefits.

Edited by Nightguard

Got an offer of accommodation from uni today which was good news, been pretty nervous considering other people on uni forums have been posting about their offers a couple of days ago! Just glad I finally got one.

Just been to jobcentre as well. Gets worser everyday. The woman says "some good jobs you might like', I said "ok where are they?" and she replies "Sweden, France and Poland".. I said to her, "I'm not applying for them" she says "why, you got a passport haven't you?"

Worserest grammer error ever! :nono:

The last 3 days i have done around 35 hours work over Friday, Sat and Sun. A few hours off today to recharge the batteries before i start work later today - might even go the gym?

Why anyone would work those hours is beyond me...if its money you're in the wrong job.

Went to a work program. Waste oftime really. Advisor just asking if I was looking for work what kind I was looking for why I didnt draw pension credits (its his job to know these things) so he has my telephone number and will contact me if he finds anything.

On a brighter not got home looked at my email and theres one from Waterloo housing who run De-Monfort housing. It said my job search was seen on a jobsearch site and they have a vacancy that might interest me. Its a Coneserge at one of De Montfort places.

I am sure I applied for a similar position before. Even went for an interview. Anyway in the email there was a name and phone number. Called her up to check on acouple of things. Mentioned my out of date SIA she said not to worry and a standard SRB would do. So followed the link and applied.

Its only part time Friday and Saturdays which would be great. That is why I'm sure I've applied before. Maybe the bloke who got the job last time has left. If they contacted me surely that is a good sign.

Basically it is sitting at a front desk in a block of flats keeping an eye on the place.

Another email arrived. Its the recruitment agency that contacted me. Now it is up to Waterloo to contact me. Still got to go through the vetting and interviews.

I have applied for a similar job with them before. Even went to an interview. Its in my inbox of another email service. I know what to expect now. Was sent an email that another candidate was more suitable.

That is yhree jobs applied for in the last week which means none for the next three weeks. A possible three interviews as well. Don't know which is best. The City steward wont be enough hours, the school one is full time over school term and the latest is part time Friday/Sat 16 hours which looks OK for what I want. £6500 per annum not sure what that is weekly. The interview for that one is before the school one and dont know when the steward interviews are.

I have applied for a similar job with them before. Even went to an interview. Its in my inbox of another email service. I know what to expect now. Was sent an email that another candidate was more suitable.

That is yhree jobs applied for in the last week which means none for the next three weeks. A possible three interviews as well. Don't know which is best. The City steward wont be enough hours, the school one is full time over school term and the latest is part time Friday/Sat 16 hours which looks OK for what I want. £6500 per annum not sure what that is weekly. The interview for that one is before the school one and dont know when the steward interviews are.

Good Luck with the interviews

Had an email of my solicitor re the security that offered a job after a tribunal. I said to my solicitor if an arrangement can be agreed where I'd do part time or emergancy I may consider it. It may be they have somebody on the site I am supposed to do and having problems finding them another suitable site.

I shall have to see if I do get some interviews for other jobs.

Edited by Nightguard