Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

you got man flu?

Had a sore throat a couple of days, so that's just annoying. On top of that, last night my body was aching, hardly slept, and I've got a headache.

A slight sniffle, then. :P:whistle:

More than that this time! lol

With your track record of colds,you will probably get one reading his post :P

It wouldn't surprise me! I'm very fragile and sensitive. :whistle:

:glare:

Just contacted another volunteering oportunity. There is a coffee shop on Bishop Street run by Tomorrow Together. They also offer training cpourses. On Friday they are doing a NVQ? Food health and safety in the kitchen. If completed I get a certificate which counts as a qualification. I won't have experience but I'll have a bit of paper I can wave about and add to my CV.

My solicitor has sent a warning letter to the security company that promised me a job but TBH I don't fancy 48 hours a week. There have been a few delays which may have been out of their control but forcing them to give me a job is not good for either party.

I applied for another couple charity shop jobs mainly to fill my job search record card up and have a wider range of activities in different shops.

This coffee shop role may be OK. More suited to a man of my age.

Also been contacted by a Kleeneze rep. I emailed them to ask if I could just do it through an Ebay shop as I was unsure about the time I could put in going door to door. They said yes a few people do it that way. I would not have to have a target with that way. It would be a little pin money. Not registered yet. It was suggested I meet for a coffee to discuss options. I definately don't want the full time side of it with full committment. Was thinking about selling stuff on ebay but the small items I was thinking about do not sell or sell for pennies.

Anyway I'll see what happens with the coffee shop thing.

Supposed to be at my writers group today but never fancied it today. The topic was a music hour. Bring your own music thing. Last time there was Lenard Cohen and John Denver amongst the selection brought along. Last week Gospel and Christmas carols were mentioned. It was bad enough listening to Ed Stag last night. Doubt many of the group would apreciate Queen, Meat Loaf, Black Sabbath or Led Zepelin or even any of my heavier tracks. :)

Supposed to be at my writers group today but never fancied it today. The topic was a music hour. Bring your own music thing. Last time there was Lenard Cohen and John Denver amongst the selection brought along. Last week Gospel and Christmas carols were mentioned. It was bad enough listening to Ed Stag last night. Doubt many of the group would apreciate Queen, Meat Loaf, Black Sabbath or Led Zepelin or even any of my heavier tracks. :)

Did you go to the Down Not Out magazine meet last night?

Yes. Bit more eventful than normal. I actually wrote an article. Not homeless related but to do with the book about South Highfields. There was a piece in the Mecury about it and I just sort of adapted that and using my memory to do my piece. I don't consider myself an article writer so it was a good exercise. Just needs editing and someones looking it over. You cant use fancy description and words in articles (well some reporters do) although making things up is creeping in.

Just finished filling an application in for a job with First City Buses. Its in their travel shop. I doubt my application will get through the first stage. I ticked a lot of boxes as no experience. But I said I was willing to learn and get along with people. Doing no good at the cleaner jobs so have to look at other things. Did a little bit in a charity shop but that fizzled out Applied for a job in a coffee bar which is run by Tomorrow Together a group that helps people get back to work They train as well as find jobs. On Friday there is a training course for kitchen/catering with a NVQ atthe end. No reason why they wont take me on as a volunteer unless I fail dramatically. This will open a door maybe for a cafe type job.

Anyway the busgroup will let me know in a few days after the manager looked at my application Don't want to sound negative but the application form was not easy. If I get an interview I will be more positive. Only 49 others to get by.

Yes. Bit more eventful than normal. I actually wrote an article. Not homeless related but to do with the book about South Highfields. There was a piece in the Mecury about it and I just sort of adapted that and using my memory to do my piece. I don't consider myself an article writer so it was a good exercise. Just needs editing and someones looking it over. You cant use fancy description and words in articles (well some reporters do) although making things up is creeping in.

Just finished filling an application in for a job with First City Buses. Its in their travel shop. I doubt my application will get through the first stage. I ticked a lot of boxes as no experience. But I said I was willing to learn and get along with people. Doing no good at the cleaner jobs so have to look at other things. Did a little bit in a charity shop but that fizzled out Applied for a job in a coffee bar which is run by Tomorrow Together a group that helps people get back to work They train as well as find jobs. On Friday there is a training course for kitchen/catering with a NVQ atthe end. No reason why they wont take me on as a volunteer unless I fail dramatically. This will open a door maybe for a cafe type job.

Anyway the busgroup will let me know in a few days after the manager looked at my application Don't want to sound negative but the application form was not easy. If I get an interview I will be more positive. Only 49 others to get by.

I work for Action Homeless, and i like what they do at Down Not Out. they put some good stuff in those magazines.

Come along if you have anything to contribute. Last night they were talking about neighbours from hell and landlords who don't do anything about faulty wireing. A couple at the meeting are on the verge of having to leave their shared accomdation.

Its not the same as the students version. I think all the ones at the meeting have been through the system so have first hand knowledge of the situation. I'm the lucky one.

I'm looking forward to getting a job so i can book some official hol days off.

lol

I can just imagine...

"Congratulations Ken, I am delighted to be able to offer you the position of such & such"

"Thats great! Where do you keep the holiday request forms?"

Edited by stix

Did a Food & safety in Catering course today. There was 3-4 hours lecture then a test. Pass mark is 20/30. Should get that.

The certificate is valid to work in cafes etc.

Bloke who did it is a lecturer on hospitality at one of Leicester Colleges but he was doing this lecture/course for nothing as officially he is on holiday until September. He showed some pictures of a Leicester restaurant that was closed down. It was absolutely disgusting. Rat droppings in the food. Samosas in a box uncovered. Cooking equipment next to the dustbins. He could not name the place. The owners thought it OK and wondered what the fuss was about. How they made a living I do not know as I cannot see anyone walking in the place stopping. They did get it up to standards after though but I still would not eat there.

Whether the pictures are publically available I dont know as they were from LCC.

Finished night shifts for a couple of days, been gym today but knackered to be fair

I think from now on we will all just take it as a given that you have been to the gym!!!

Healthy tw@t!!!

Jokes.

Just Jealous!!