Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Currently in Menorca, pretty warm. Landed on Wednesday, here for a week so just taking it all in. Derby fan staying in same hotel :glare:

Your hotel is animal friendly? . . . . . . :P

The Police helicopter has been circling round where I live for about 15 minutes now. Presumably some lunatic is on the run :(

You do live in Shepshed . . . . . . . . . ;)

Been working in Portsmouth today, lovely weather down here, finished about an hour ago and have gone down to the seafront with a couple of the lads from work. Nightlife is decent here so going out in a bit before heading back tomorrow. I have to say when the weather is

good here, our Coastal towns are brilliant, I could easily move down to the south coast.

Edit: the birds are banging in Pompey aswell ;)

Edited by blueblood88

Just been to jobcentre as well. Gets worser everyday. The woman says "some good jobs you might like', I said "ok where are they?" and she replies "Sweden, France and Poland".. I said to her, "I'm not applying for them" she says "why, you got a passport haven't you?"

Just seen this post, a few days late in my reply, but why on earth would you not consider an opportunity to work in another country? Obviously there are some factors, such as family, wife kids, but you are young and I assume not married, I would recommend to everyone who had the chance to go to another country to work, it would be an amazing experience and stand you in good stead for future employment.

Likewise anyone at Uni enrol in any ERASMUS/study abroad programs you can, I don't regret many things in life but not doing that is something I do truly regret.

Today was FAKIN brill... started a new job. been on training all last week and 1st day on badge today.

1st sale gave me £100 bonus and then £70 for my sale. made another and got another £70.

1st week we're on double sale whereas usually its £35. on 8th sale ill get another £100

bonus which i see as paying for my training week. to do with home efficency funding. could be 90/100%

funded. NSA.

Carlito - just out of interest, what are you training for?

im 41 years old buddy and im not as fit as when i was 32 (just an example) so i am trying to get back in shape / keep fit / keep toned etc. Up until about a year ago i did alot of bench pressing (120kg ish) but i havent bothered for this last year or so, trying to concentrate on cardio slightly more than before without losing too much strength as i do at job which requires 24/7 coverage and needs me to be as fit and strong as possible for certain situations

im 41 years old buddy and im not as fit as when i was 32 (just an example) so i am trying to get back in shape / keep fit / keep toned etc. Up until about a year ago i did alot of bench pressing (120kg ish) but i havent bothered for this last year or so, trying to concentrate on cardio slightly more than before without losing too much strength as i do at job which requires 24/7 coverage and needs me to be as fit and strong as possible for certain situations

Ah good stuff, I see a lot of people at the gym who want to "get fit" and my question to them is how do they know when they are there? It's not like a weight loss target where you have a clear and defined goal.

One thing I say to people is to attempt a parkrun (I'll give you the info on the if you need it) 5k. Even if you run a bit - walk a bit - run a bit - walk a bit. If you set yourself a target of just running the whole distance then that is a clear defined goal and a large achievement that many people of your age can't do - including members of my own family!

Forgive me if I'm telling you how to suck eggs (wtf is that phrase all about anyway) but certainly for me personally, and my clients, a clear, measurable goal is of utmost importance.

--------------------------------------------

Parkrun is a weekly 5k race that is free for all comers, the ability ranges from beginners to kids to (literally) Olympic athletes. As your fitness improves you do find yourself getting competitive and picking out a few certain rivals - and when you do beat them one week you feel like a million dollars inside.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/braunstone/home

Just had a call from my solicitor. She said she contacted the company that offered a job at a tribunal and they say the only thing holding things up is a letter from my doctor saying I amfit enough to do patrolling and stand long periods. When I saw the doctor he would not give me one but said if they called him he'd OK it. They tried but the surgaru would not give the information over the phone.

I do not really want to go back to 49 hours work but its a job and I may be in a better position to look for something else.

Next year I am elligable for pension credits so maybe I can stick it out until then.

Thought they were using delayingtactics so notto take me on but they say they sent emails. I have not received them for some reason.

Just got back from Menorca. Landed at East Midlands a few hours ago. Decent holiday, although I jumped in the pool with my iPod in my pocket (it doesn't work now at all).

Another Leicester fan in the same hotel, Derby fan as I mentioned, a few Birmingam fans and a Sheffield Wednesday fan. Banter is always decent.

edit: did fly over the King Power, got a decent photo from above.

Edited by Fox92

Ah good stuff, I see a lot of people at the gym who want to "get fit" and my question to them is how do they know when they are there? It's not like a weight loss target where you have a clear and defined goal.

One thing I say to people is to attempt a parkrun (I'll give you the info on the if you need it) 5k. Even if you run a bit - walk a bit - run a bit - walk a bit. If you set yourself a target of just running the whole distance then that is a clear defined goal and a large achievement that many people of your age can't do - including members of my own family!

Forgive me if I'm telling you how to suck eggs (wtf is that phrase all about anyway) but certainly for me personally, and my clients, a clear, measurable goal is of utmost importance.

--------------------------------------------

Parkrun is a weekly 5k race that is free for all comers, the ability ranges from beginners to kids to (literally) Olympic athletes. As your fitness improves you do find yourself getting competitive and picking out a few certain rivals - and when you do beat them one week you feel like a million dollars inside.

http://www.parkrun.o...braunstone/home

Thanks for the info, i wouldnt mind trying that parkrun one week, i know im not due to finish work until at least 3am this Friday going into Sat morning, so this week is probably not going to be possible but i will definately consider for other weeks where i can possibly make it

I could be back on shift work soon. Will give the security company a call in the morning. They want a letter off my doctor but he can't give one without proof that its going to be confidential. They asked over email and Dr said for them to get in touch. Now been told by the Dr receptiomist that they can fax the request.

Thing is the company say they have tried to contact me and have emails to show yet I have not received any. I emailed them and gave another email address.

I don't really want to do security again as I would like to do less hours and a different type of job but there is little available whilst I am unemployed. It is daft but I will stand a better chance if I am working..

I just hope I get into the swing of it again after being out doing sod all every day for a year. The job wasn't too bad but not looking forward to walking home at 3am again or walking to work at 6am. getting up at four. going bet at 5am but if I don't take it and the jobcentre hear of I will be in trouble.

Anyway it's a lot more money coming in every month and I hate being on JSA. It is so demeaning trying to convince the people in jobcentres that the jobmarket is crap.

I heard that even their jobs are at stake and only the ones that meet certain targets with the people they see are being kept on. The more helpful and sympathetic advisors are not wanted..

This is a previewI worked on for the next edition of Down Not Out.

Tuesday 17th July saw the launch of the book “We Are South Highfields†at St. Peter’s Community Centre. This publication is a written and pictorial account of life in the area from pre 1900 to the present day. Editor Penny Walker collated 100s of interviews and photographs from local residents telling stories from their lives. These include hardship through the depression and war years, as well as what it was like growing up as a child and the friendship among the many cultures that have passed through and sometimes stayed in South Highfields throughout the years.

The book reflects the diversity that has been a contributory feature of the close neighbourhood of people in both the bad and good times. After the launch the evening featured interesting tales from four of the contributors speaking . These included daily school life between the wars and games that were played in the streets by children during the sixties and seventies. The hall was packed for the launch and there were free copies of the books for many of those who contributed.

The book was funded by the Church Urban Fund Near Neighbours scheme. The whole project, from start to publication, took just six months and is an excellent record of the area.

Edited by Nightguard

Not a good start. Just had a bill in the post for when I locked myself out. £134. All he did was break into my flat then put a nail back in where it had split. On the invoice it has

Recharge replacement door lock £97. 25 (Lock £65.30+ £31.95) attendance

+VAT £19.45= £115.70

and the housing have added £14.49 administration costs.

Total £134.09

Subtotal £111.74 + VAT £22.35

Looks like the housing added the VAT on top of the two bills

Don't see how I can avoid it. I never expected it to be that much. Can't really afford it. Two weeks JSA gone.