Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

:/ Yeah, I know. I've just rang National Express and they've refunded the bus ticket price,not included the booking fee.

That's something, but it's not the money really is it, it's missing out on what you wanted to see.

Just got back from watching the Carnival Parade. Nice to see people from all backgrounds enjoying cultures of another race without shouting 'terrorist' because they are another colour. Not everyone on here would have enjoyed it though because it was not British.

Guest Col city fan

Just got back from watching the Carnival Parade. Nice to see people from all backgrounds enjoying cultures of another race without shouting 'terrorist' because they are another colour. Not everyone on here would have enjoyed it though because it was not British.

The Carnival is great fun.

Soooooo much lovely food to try...

lol

Are they worth it/any good then?

It's been brilliant - I use it just generally but I've discovered it can actually helP me in my business a lot too which was unexpected.

Instead of carrying my ancient and huge laptop around with a diary and notepad its all in one now

I didntent get the newest one - I just went for the iPad2 without the 3G added on - just wifi - and it cost

Are they worth it/any good then?

It's been brilliant - I use it just generally but I've discovered it can actually helP me in my business a lot too which was unexpected.

Instead of carrying my ancient and huge laptop around with a diary and notepad its all in one now

I didntent get the newest one - I just went for the iPad2 without the 3G added on - just wifi - and it cost

Just called the security company where I offered a job after a tribunal in March. After emailing explaining what I meant regarding my fitness she said it was acceptable but unfortunately they no longer have the contract for the site they were going to place me.

She said she would check with the manager who deals with sites and see if there is anything else suitable within the Leicester area or beyond taking into account times and travel. They will also send me an email/letter that I can show at the job centre because I said I was not sure what the situation was or what to tell them.

Problem is that they are a Kent company so do not get a lot of contracts outside Kent and London. If starting and finishing times were right I said I would be willing to travel. London is only a couple of hours but then I would not want to do a 12 hour shift. With the travel it could end up with 20 hours a day.

I asked if they knew any local security companies they could put a good word in for me. She said she will see what sites are available then check on that.

If it wasn't for saying on the application that I wasn't as mobile as when younger I may have beeen working for them and finished.

I would be in the same position if they had nothing else to offer.

I was not too keen on the site anyway. The amenities were non existant when I was there. No hot water, tolets that never flushed. One of the managers did the health and safety check and passed it. If it was the same I would have called H & S to ask them to do a snap visit. Noone need have known who called them as they do not have to forewarn of a visit.

Couldn't get to sleep till around 3:30am then woke up at just 6am thats been going on for the last three nights! Yesterday went for a jog in a thunderstorm, I always wear the leicester city tracksuit gear to make people think I play for the club :P

Edited by Leicesterpool

In japan atm been travelling here for 2 weeks, been all over, having a brilliant time, just come back from hiroshima where i had lunch with a japanese girl we literally had a feast (pizza, oysters, noodles, rice, and beer to pelt pigs with, and she paid for it all! I saw the bill as well and felt bad but she obliged to pay it all

In japan atm been travelling here for 2 weeks, been all over, having a brilliant time, just come back from hiroshima where i had lunch with a japanese girl we literally had a feast (pizza, oysters, noodles, rice, and beer to pelt pigs with, and she paid for it all! I saw the bill as well and felt bad but she obliged to pay it all

Glad your enjoying it Lav, I know you were really looking forward to it. ;)

Couldn't get to sleep till around 3:30am then woke up at just 6am thats been going on for the last three nights! Yesterday went for a jog in a thunderstorm, I always wear the leicester city tracksuit gear to make people think I play for the club :P

I've had a terrible history of sleeping....

Had numerous blood tests at the Leicester General Hospital sleeping clinic on Friday, and on Thursday I'm booked in for an overnight stay with wires attatched to determine the root problem.

A lack of sleep is 'lethal' on a day to day basis.

I was going to go to the Olympic football semi final at Wembley on Thursday so by chance around 11 O'clock last night I decided to check what time it said on my train ticket. It's a good job I did because the match is today :doh:

I've had to rearrange everything this morning so I can go.

OK in some respects. Bought a wine glass that holds a bottle from a charity shop for my mums birthday on the 18th . stopped off on the way home for a half, picked up the bag and the glass had broke inside the box. Had to dump it. I then went in the Samaritans shop on Granby Street. They had a big wine glass of sorts It was green and only 99p so I bought that. Seems a better quality glass than the other one. Don't know if it holds a bottle or not. It is unusual and will be safer in transit.

Also asked if they needed any volunteers. Was given a form so will fill that out and hopefully will get a test run.

Also printed some pictures off my digital camera ofthe Carnival. Just 10 for now. Went job Centre was not interogated this week so that is good. Looked through their machines. Could not find anything suitable even though I looked through several types. Security, cleaning, retail, warehouse, Printed two off and not looked at the details properly.

Still hopeful that the security company that had agreed to take me on before they lost the contract of the site I was going to, will find something apropritae regarding times distance and location.

There is a Media meeting for Down Not Out magazine at the library 5-7pm and then the monthly Word event at the Y theatre. I'll try and get my name down to read something.

I've had a terrible history of sleeping....

Had numerous blood tests at the Leicester General Hospital sleeping clinic on Friday, and on Thursday I'm booked in for an overnight stay with wires attatched to determine the root problem.

A lack of sleep is 'lethal' on a day to day basis.

Wymesy, your alive!!!!!!! How are you?