Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

OK in some respects. Bought a wine glass that holds a bottle from a charity shop for my mums birthday on the 18th . stopped off on the way home for a half, picked up the bag and the glass had broke inside the box. Had to dump it. I then went in the Samaritans shop on Granby Street. They had a big wine glass of sorts It was green and only 99p so I bought that. Seems a better quality glass than the other one. Don't know if it holds a bottle or not. It is unusual and will be safer in transit.

Also asked if they needed any volunteers. Was given a form so will fill that out and hopefully will get a test run.

Also printed some pictures off my digital camera ofthe Carnival. Just 10 for now. Went job Centre was not interogated this week so that is good. Looked through their machines. Could not find anything suitable even though I looked through several types. Security, cleaning, retail, warehouse, Printed two off and not looked at the details properly.

Still hopeful that the security company that had agreed to take me on before they lost the contract of the site I was going to, will find something apropritae regarding times distance and location.

There is a Media meeting for Down Not Out magazine at the library 5-7pm and then the monthly Word event at the Y theatre. I'll try and get my name down to read something.

Jesus Ken, you can spend a bit more on your mum can't you?.

Guest Col city fan

Just found out that the girl who died yesterday in the accident down braunstone gate was a lads daughter who I play football with on a Sunday.

Not good mate.

Not good at all.

Sorry to hear that.

Edited by Col city fan

Guest Col city fan

I know mate. I know it's not much but as a team we've collected some money and sent him and his wife a bunch of flowers.

Well done buddy.

Just back from Wembley, have to say the new Wembley is really impressive. Well done to East Midlands Trains for letting me catch an earlier train. Far better than those wankers at National Express.

Just back from Wembley, have to say the new Wembley is really impressive.

A mortgage required for a portion of chips and the only affordable tickets are so high Sherpa Tensing carries your bags for you. I hate the monument to credit card culture.

A mortgage required for a portion of chips and the only affordable tickets are so high Sherpa Tensing carries your bags for you. I hate the monument to credit card culture.

Must admit it was £6.00 for a not very nice slice of pizza. I was in the cheap seats, I loved it up there.

Jesus Ken, you can spend a bit more on your mum can't you?.

Maybe but I'm a bit skint. It is going to cost more in postage. It's worth more than I paid for it and she'll understand. May get told off for spending the money. (although being female she'd want something)

The first thing I bought that broke cost more so I have spent more.

Edited by Nightguard

Maybe but I'm a bit skint. It is going to cost more in postage. It's worth more than I paid for it and she'll understand. May get told off for spending the money. (although being female she'd want something)

The first thing I bought that broke cost more so I have spent more.

Hang on - you're going to have to send this present, so you choose to buy a glass. :blink: Did you not question the wisdom of this when the first one broke while you were simply sitting in a pub?

You should send her the broken shards from the first glass too. Then for Christmas you could buy her a craft book on creating glass mosaics. :D

Hang on - you're going to have to send this present, so you choose to buy a glass. :blink: Did you not question the wisdom of this when the first one broke while you were simply sitting in a pub?

You should send her the broken shards from the first glass too. Then for Christmas you could buy her a craft book on creating glass mosaics. :D

He could send some eggs if he is worried about breakages.

"Kids"... if you think the terrible two's are tough.... hehe, just you wait for teenager.... if you think teenagers are a challenge.... bahahaha.......... just wait for the 20's.

I fear for what the 30's can possibly bring. :sweating:

Yes but it was in a box and it must have got to the shop without breaking. Tbh I was not too careful with it in hindsight. The one I have now is thick glass and I have got it home safely so I can wrap it up well. Just have to hope the postman doesn't throw it at a wall or drop it of a b high building.

Guest Col city fan

Not a bad day..

Run along the prom then swam in the very cold North Sea.

Then the Mrs blew 75 notes on some fancy nail varnish and cheap perfume from Fantasy Island.

Women?

Guest Col city fan

Got bored in the bath so decided to give my sack a bobby charlton comb over

Too much information?........

Nah!

I tend to 'bash the Bishop' on a daily basis..

lol

Went in J &B sports (?) they have the older versions of City shirts £10. I was tempted. The shirts I have are a few years old, still wearable but one has Walkers on and theother has LG. Been looking in charity shops for one with King Power on. It doesn't have to be up to date as long as it fits and has their current sponsors on. Cannot afford £40 for a new one.