Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

oops, are you in for a spanking from the boss? lol

:fc: not. The FIeld manager is sound, so he'll laugh it off (I hope) and I dare say the squads may be happy at having an easy weekend. I hope my colleagues who are working over the weekend are able to search for the work and give it to them.

I didnt get a phone call from the HCO yesterday so I'm hoping everything is sweet.

Went to thejobcentre for a replacement JSA card. Thought I was going to get a rollocking with a stackful of forms to fill in but I just showed ID and got a new one. Maybe I am getting over paranoid by all the administration and rules that are in place now..

Had a phone call off my solicitor. Apparently I have to make a list of places I am willing to travel to and the security firm that provisionally offered me a job will look to see if there is anything in those areas. I've put as far as Hinckley and Nottingham for now. I could go further but if its a hour on the train then traveling to the site 30 min to a hour for a 12 hour shift will be 15 to 20 hours. Then if its night coming back on a Sunday will be awkward as buses and trains dont start till 10-11. I am willing to be flexable even do reduced hours. I'm sure I'll get tax credits 24-30 hours and still be able to have some benefits abeit reduced.

I'm at the point where I'm desperate enough to do anything to get off JSA. I hate being made to feel worthless and on the scrapheap.

Went to thejobcentre for a replacement JSA card. Thought I was going to get a rollocking with a stackful of forms to fill in but I just showed ID and got a new one. Maybe I am getting over paranoid by all the administration and rules that are in place now..

Had a phone call off my solicitor. Apparently I have to make a list of places I am willing to travel to and the security firm that provisionally offered me a job will look to see if there is anything in those areas. I've put as far as Hinckley and Nottingham for now. I could go further but if its a hour on the train then traveling to the site 30 min to a hour for a 12 hour shift will be 15 to 20 hours. Then if its night coming back on a Sunday will be awkward as buses and trains dont start till 10-11. I am willing to be flexable even do reduced hours. I'm sure I'll get tax credits 24-30 hours and still be able to have some benefits abeit reduced.

I'm at the point where I'm desperate enough to do anything to get off JSA. I hate being made to feel worthless and on the scrapheap.

Good luck Ken.

There was an open day at Apex on Charles Street. Signed up for an Health and Safety course. Should get a CSS or whatever it is. Don't start till September. If I start work I'd still like to do it. Whether I'd still get it for free I don't know.

Also had a CV review and updated it slightly. They said it looked OK.

Citezens' Eye are setting up a base there. The radio station will be there and part of it is being devoted to Somewhere To Go the agency which is for 18-25 year olds. A space in the back will be an art gallery for young people to display photographs and paintings. The entrance will be in the cultual Quarters opposite the hotel there. It will be done up and given a facelift. Was told the ones at the hotel facing it will be pleased as it is not too good to look at at the moment..

On the work front not had any feedback oftthe security company yet. I was wondering if it is possible to claim expenses if I did travel further and maybe stayed over in a B & B during my working shifts. A B & B might work out cheaper than traveling to and fro on a train each day. Not keen on living out of a suitcase though at my age. It would solve the problem of not being able to work weekends. I would have to earn enough so as not be out of pocket. Will have to get advice on this.

Had a throat infection for over 3 weeks now, just doesn't want to budge no matter how many pills i've taken.

Same. I had it a couple of weeks ago. Went on holiday and on the aeroplane my ears and throat were killing more than usual.

Hate throat-related infections.

Just been to the Down Not Out magazine meeting. Bit sparse tonight. Is anyone interested in coming along? We are looking for creative people with ideas of design, graphics layout and any other ideas to get it noticed and bring more people into the producing of it.

We meet every week at the library betreen 5-7pm. Any fresh input welcome.

Guest MattP

Lost a shitload on the horses, stubbed my toe to the point the nail has fell off and realised I had forgot to book some train tickets than are now ridiculously expensive. Can't get much worse.

Edited by MattP