Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest Col city fan

EDIT; Jesus Christ, I've just seen what IoWFox put, I didn't see that before typing this out. I'll leave it up anyway but I am really sorry to hear that.

Basically I've been unemployed for a very long time, my mate has just started a tour of Europe and left his job at Caterpillar in Desford as a result, so he put my name forward (which I'm very grateful for) and I was called, signed up to Flex Recruitment in Hinckley and started work on Monday, I wasn't available on Tuesday (fvcking LCFC lol) which I'd already planned so I was pretty grateful that I didn't have to go in on that day, I had my induction on Monday and spent all day there, not a lot happened but they did drug tests, showed me around it etc... I was given a Caterpillar card and some boots and a hi-viz, the boots were to cost me £18 out of my first wage packet.

Basically it seemed like a standard warehouse and I was glad to start, I turned up yesterday and today and did the days of "training", I was apparently doing this for my first two weeks. I do make the odd mistake but I didn't work badly and I can genuinely say I didn't piss around at all, just got on with it.

Call off them an hour ago, "this is so and so from Flex, you're no longer required". This is after three days there, one of them being induction. Not needed? Not fvcking well needed? Why though? If I was;

a) not good enough, then why has the one person I've spoken to about it since from there claimed that I picked it up quicker than they did? It's such bollocks anyway, you surely can't judge that after two days when you're given two weeks training, unless you go seriously wrong, and did I? Did I fvck. Being honest not arrogant.

b.) genuinely not needed, then why was I taken on in the first place? I'm aware they've just loads go but why take me on if they're gonna fvck me off that quickly?

It's absolutely shambolic and I'm appalled. I was not told for one second this could possibly happen, it's come as total shock to me.

Don't touch them. They're cvnts.

That's shite Dan... Sorry to hear that.

Mate died this morning of cancer.

Shit day :(

Having lost my dad to Cancer recently mate, im really sorry for your news.

Ia it a bank holiday Friday? Why I ask is after the text about work I got another text saying the work had been put on hpld and not to go.

Only reason I can think of is the starting time is unsuitable. They have 7am and 8am stats and I cannot get there for seven. First bus after 6.30.

Possibly going Snowboarding on Sunday, last time i went i got lost and disorigintated up the top of the mountain and fell off the chair lift at the end, then the chair lift smacked me in the head. My brother broke his wrist on the same day. So Sunday could be interesting.

EDIT; Jesus Christ, I've just seen what IoWFox put, I didn't see that before typing this out. I'll leave it up anyway but I am really sorry to hear that.

Basically I've been unemployed for a very long time, my mate has just started a tour of Europe and left his job at Caterpillar in Desford as a result, so he put my name forward (which I'm very grateful for) and I was called, signed up to Flex Recruitment in Hinckley and started work on Monday, I wasn't available on Tuesday (fvcking LCFC lol) which I'd already planned so I was pretty grateful that I didn't have to go in on that day, I had my induction on Monday and spent all day there, not a lot happened but they did drug tests, showed me around it etc... I was given a Caterpillar card and some boots and a hi-viz, the boots were to cost me £18 out of my first wage packet.

Basically it seemed like a standard warehouse and I was glad to start, I turned up yesterday and today and did the days of "training", I was apparently doing this for my first two weeks. I do make the odd mistake but I didn't work badly and I can genuinely say I didn't piss around at all, just got on with it.

Call off them an hour ago, "this is so and so from Flex, you're no longer required". This is after three days there, one of them being induction. Not needed? Not fvcking well needed? Why though? If I was;

a) not good enough, then why has the one person I've spoken to about it since from there claimed that I picked it up quicker than they did? It's such bollocks anyway, you surely can't judge that after two days when you're given two weeks training, unless you go seriously wrong, and did I? Did I fvck. Being honest not arrogant.

b.) genuinely not needed, then why was I taken on in the first place? I'm aware they've just loads go but why take me on if they're gonna fvck me off that quickly?

It's absolutely shambolic and I'm appalled. I was not told for one second this could possibly happen, it's come as total shock to me.

That's bad.

Something similar happened to one of my sons in Southampton which made me wonder whether there's some kind of government grant that the employer takes for 'training' someone and then they get rid after a couple of days but still keep the grant.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Good luck in your job search.

Caterpillar, hmmm we do a lot of work for them and the work has plummeted this year compared to the past two years, my workplace let over thirty peeps go about a month ago and rumours are a second purge is on the way.