Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Did a tour of the Leicester Castle. IInteresting really. The courtroom is smaller than I thought.

The guide told us about a famous case held there back in the 20's. known as the green bike murder.

We re-enacted it and I volunteered to be on the jury. I had to het the awkward seat at the front row which unfolded completely different to the rest.

I won't say too much about the case at the mo. May do a poll thread and get a guilty or not guilty verdict off some of you. That is if I can remember the main facts.

Off to the Botanical Gardens soon. Had a text off the agency I recently signed up with. They want me to go to LCC up Beaumont Leys tomorrow. Hope they don't cancel it this time and also hope its not too knackering and physical.

Saw this picture on Facebopok. Not quite right to go in Funny pictures but as I am involved with Action Homeless it seems appropriate here.

10461_467072886650128_500514483_n.jpg

:o

Pussy Riot.

No sympathy, sorry Fi.

In a 20 metre radius of our back garden there are something like 14 cats and the owners exhibit no apparent control over them. The bigger & more stupid ones venture into our garden to crap all over the shop and yet if my dog laid a turd by someone's front door I'd never hear the end of it.

This one has clearly been poisoned and I have a very good idea of the likely neighbour - and I say "Well done!"

If people genuinely care for their cats they would ensure that they don't wander wherever they want, they wouldn't let them live a semi-feral existence in a built-up area.

I've asked Santa for a gun for Xmas. :devil:

Guest Col city fan

No sympathy, sorry Fi.

In a 20 metre radius of our back garden there are something like 14 cats and the owners exhibit no apparent control over them. The bigger & more stupid ones venture into our garden to crap all over the shop and yet if my dog laid a turd by someone's front door I'd never hear the end of it.

This one has clearly been poisoned and I have a very good idea of the likely neighbour - and I say "Well done!"

If people genuinely care for their cats they would ensure that they don't wander wherever they want, they wouldn't let them live a semi-feral existence in a built-up area.

How the Hell do you stop a cat wandering wherever it wants?

That's like telling an otter 'better not swim in there today, it looks a bit chilly'.

And then poisoning it for eating your favourite coy...

No sympathy, sorry Fi.

No need, your Round Up worked very well. :whistle:

Another crap, crap day. **** my employers, seriously, **** them. Everyday I'm walking out on my job but having to come back five minutes later because I need the money. What a shit life I lead, seriously, shit.

I never know whether this sort of thing is a satirical response to something posted in another thread or a genuine comment.

If it's the latter you have my sympathy, I know the feeling. I woke up one morning and just decided to quit my job and create my own. Best decision I've ever made, you seem like the kind of person with enough drive to do it.

If it's the former, f**k you and carry on as usual. :ph34r:

I never know whether this sort of thing is a satirical response to something posted in another thread or a genuine comment.

If it's the latter you have my sympathy, I know the feeling. I woke up one morning and just decided to quit my job and create my own. Best decision I've ever made, you seem like the kind of person with enough drive to do it.

If it's the former, f**k you and carry on as usual. :ph34r:

What do you do now and how much have you had to cut down, fiscally?

What do you do now and how much have you had to cut down, fiscally?

I'm a graphic designer/illustrator, which admittedly is an easy job to to branch out on your own with, but before that I was working in a local council office carrying out the design needs for other departments. At first I had to cut back pretty drastically but there is financial support available if you're branching out alone, but now I'm technically making more than I ever had but I'm cutting back out of choice to finance another business project.

I'm sure anyone can do it no matter what they do, you just have to beat the fear of doing it. Personally I just got mentally ground down taking orders. Now I get to wear a cardigan and shorts to work everyday (that's my main motivation lol )

Just got back from a day s work at LCC. Was on caretaking which is on a sought after role. Just texted the agency and they want me in tomorrow. Wasn't very good when it started raining.

Hope I'm not put on the sweeping strteets.

Was told there are some full time vacancies. I wouldn't really want to do it full time but if they want any part timer old timers I may consider it if it gets me Off JSA and I can live on the wage plus tax credits/ Nothing else is oming up atm.

Just got back from a day s work at LCC. Was on caretaking which is on a sought after role. Just texted the agency and they want me in tomorrow. Wasn't very good when it started raining.

Hope I'm not put on the sweeping strteets.

Was told there are some full time vacancies. I wouldn't really want to do it full time but if they want any part timer old timers I may consider it if it gets me Off JSA and I can live on the wage plus tax credits/ Nothing else is oming up atm.

Why is it that whenever a full time position comes up all of a sudden you can't do it or the hours don't suit you, or it's to far to travel. Surely if you were that desperate to get back into work you'd be willing to do pretty much anything.

Edited by steve_walsh

That is not the case at all. If I cannot get to a place for the starting time then I will not be able to do the job. I do not drive so rely on public transport. There are 24 hours in a day. If I work 12 and my traveling, shopping, eating,getting ready time is eight that would leave me with four hours of sleep a day. A young man might manage it but not an older person. Even a young person would suffer illness after a while.

As for doing anything I am willing to do anything that fits the criteria of somebody who is undskilled with no trade and no qualifications. If this is preferred by employers over the younger, fitter, tradesmen with qualifications I will give 100% be a good timekeeper, no sick days for days I cant be arsed to go in and willing to learn.

I see nothing wrong with being willing to do part time but If I was offered full time I would consider and most likely take it I also like to take my age and health into consideration. I am in no rush to enter my grave.

Edited by Nightguard
  • Like 1

Most people would be grateful of any job. I come across people regularly, who are on the verge of losing their homes because they've been made redundant too close to retirement age, and who would happily walk to work 12 hours a day, just so they can keep a roof over their head.