Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Can understand ng's position even if it pisses me off slightly. If he works part time he can take benefits and not have much less money than if he worked full time, plus he'll have more free time for the pub and other leisure pursuits. Don't blame him for taking that option to be honest. The real question is why are we giving money away to people who could work but choose not to.

Nobody has tried harder than Ken to get work.

Why is it that whenever a full time position comes up all of a sudden you can't do it or the hours don't suit you, or it's to far to travel. Surely if you were that desperate to get back into work you'd be willing to do pretty much anything.

You don't really know what you are talking about in this instance.

I have been off work for just over a year so maybe its got to me. I have there are other things in life and you do not need mega bucks to exist. that saying I am at LCC again tomoeeow. Three days in a row which means I will not get JSA. Not sure about next week yet. I have signed up for an H & S course and have to rebook an assessment which will may be Mon or Tuesday. The course starts next Wednesday and goes on for three weeks Wed/Thurs. My signing on day is due next Tues so I may not do over 16 next week. If I can get to see someone at the JC after I finish work I may be able to explain the situation that I may not be able to make it/

The bloke I was with today put in a good word for me so I may be asked for more regular but I really would like to do that course as it could help me in other jobs as well as the council one maybe. 7AM start tomorrow. Looked at bustimetables again and I might just make it. or 3-5 min late. Told they wont mind that. It may be sweeping tho. Arrrgh.

The last thing the bloke I was with did today was to let a BT electrician into the part of a block of flats where the shute is and the panel for all the lines. I took a picture on my phone. Can you see which wire goes where?

405173_10151003219027003_806055789_n.jpg

I know how it comes across sometimes but over time things become more realistic rather than just hopeful.

I was told that all sorts do the street cleaning. The one I was with said he had somebody that had worked in a bank and could not get anything in the line hewas qualified in. So just because a person does a low paid job it does not mean that they are the least intellegent as in what people were saying about office cleaners and that they deserve to be paid peanuts.

When I signe up at the agency there was a young bloke in there for putting his name down for catering type jobs. Asked if he had qualifications he said yes and that he also had a degree in acting but that was useless.

I make the point as there are people who would like the option to accept work, let alone turn down a job because they don't want to work full time. It doesn't mean I'm judging, just, as I say, making the point.

I would like applications replied to and not ignored. I would like jobs that do not have 40 applicants for each one. I have not turned down anyfull time jobs. I have not been offered any. I am working for an agency. They tell you day to day if there is work. There may be jobs coming up at the council but as I have been told it is normally the agency workers that have been doing it for the longest time that are offered and accepted. I do not fall into that catagory.

The same sort of thing applies for most jobs. The ones who have done the job before get the first stab. That is being realistic. I did not say I would turn down a full time job to do a part time. I said that if part time was the better or only option then I would go for it. Next July I am elligble for Pension Credits. If I have a choice of the jobcentre hassleling me to get a job every other week and having to scan websites papers job agencies for any kind of job every day or take the Pension Credits which would be my best option?

Edited by Nightguard

Guest MattP

I found out yet again banks employ the most incompetent people on the earth who need a rocket up their arse, how they get away with it I'll never know.

I have not turned down anyfull time jobs.

I never said you did, Ken. I'm sure someone who is trying as hard as you are to find work, wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, so the saying goes.

I found out yet again banks employ the most incompetent people on the earth who need a rocket up their arse, how they get away with it I'll never know.

I don't think there are many competent people left, I am astounded by how useless everyone seems to be in every single job. The problem is anyone showing any sign of competence immediately gets elevated to a management role, so you are just left dealing with the day to day ****** who are unable to think anything beyond what their computer tells them. We are not creating a workforce we are creating a machine where everyone just has a single function and a script to follow and not allowed any sort of independent thought!

On a separate note I was given my notice today, cost cutting exercise due to afore mentioned incompetence rife through out the company, not really fussed, kinda glad to get away from the poisonous office environment, gives me an excuse to fvck off back to Spain and enjoy the good life/poor life again.

Cant say I blame you. Was put on roadsweeping today. That is knackering. Up and down roads with a brush and a heavy metal box. Any postmen type jokes get them out the way now.

Went in Jobcentre to tell them I had done over 16 hours work (22 plust dinner breaks) Was told that if I did under and for instance earned $65 the nice govt departments that we have who would like Jobseekers in work will take £60 and allowow you to keep £5. So if you do 10 hours work to gain experience for full time work your pay rate will be 50p per hour. Out of that £5 you will have to pay travelling expenses and meals at work. Don't all rush at once at the govt incentive to get people off JSA.

Went into the housing office about benefits. Spoke to somebody on the phone andthey were very helpful. I may be able to send monthly statements in showing wages earned (send wage slips too) and they will work out my entitlements monthly.

Also phoned my advisor at the work program. He said the Tax credit hour thing is 30 hours and said it may be best to cancel H&S course and take the agency council work if available. I had already told the agency to cancel next week so had to phone them and say I was available. The advisor said the jobcentre would see work mor important than gaining a H&S qualification. They would not see it as another plus on my CV.

The Govt must be really desperate to get people into work no matter how crap the job is. May be too late for Monday work as the agency office was on answerphone. I'm sure because of my age I don't have to do 30 hours but was told the govt had moved the goalposts again.

the nice govt departments that we have who would like Jobseekers in work will take £60 and allowow you to keep £5. So if you do 10 hours work to gain experience for full time work your pay rate will be 50p per hour.

The Govt must be really desperate to get people into work no matter how crap the job is.

That's the kind of mindset that annoys people who don't claim benefits though. They're not taking anything from you, it's not your money to begin with. And you don't have any right to expect the government to provide you with a cushy job, that's not how it works and never has been.

• Like 1

I translate that as if it doesn't happen to me then its OK.

They are taking £60 out of the £65 that you have earnt.

Don't understand how they are taking anything? They're just not giving you anything, two totally different things. By that logic, i could say the government are 'taking' thousands from me every year because I don't qualify for any benefits.

• Like 1

That's the kind of mindset that annoys people who don't claim benefits though. They're not taking anything from you, it's not your money to begin with. And you don't have any right to expect the government to provide you with a cushy job, that's not how it works and never has been.

I don't claim benefits and it dosn't annoy me. What annoys me is when so called Tory supporters think incentives should only apply to the already fairly well off.