Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I don't claim benefits and it dosn't annoy me. What annoys me is when so called Tory supporters think incentives should only apply to the already fairly well off.

Good for you. It does annoy a lot of people. As for the 2nd part, if you're implying that's what i think, you're wrong, and to be honest i have literally no idea how you've got to there from what i posted.

Good for you. It does annoy a lot of people. As for the 2nd part, if you're implying that's what i think, you're wrong, and to be honest i have literally no idea how you've got to there from what i posted.

You posted that it annoys you if someone who receives £60 a week in benefits is unwilling to work for £65 a week and lose out on the £60, thus they are no better off working. Surely the problem there is with the incentive to do the work?

You posted that it annoys you if someone who receives £60 a week in benefits is unwilling to work for £65 a week and lose out on the £60, thus they are no better off working. Surely the problem there is with the incentive to do the work?

Yeah, the incentive to work is that you get paid. The benefits system is for the cake when you need it not the cherry on top when you've already got the cake. I can see why working for £65 vs claiming JSA for £60 creates a dilemma from one perspective, but I would hope most decent people would rather earn their £65 rather than take the £60 from other people while they do nothing. The attitude which annoys me is the one that seems to disregard the fact that JSA is not their money - they haven't earned that money, they are not owed that money by anyone. NG even said that the government are taking money from him by not paying him JSA. I'm sorry but that is ridiculous, and a very good example of the entitlement culture that seems to have spread among those on benefits.

• Like 1

Yeah, the incentive to work is that you get paid. The benefits system is for the cake when you need it not the cherry on top when you've already got the cake. I can see why working for £65 vs claiming JSA for £60 creates a dilemma from one perspective, but I would hope most decent people would rather earn their £65 rather than take the £60 from other people while they do nothing. The attitude which annoys me is the one that seems to disregard the fact that JSA is not their money - they haven't earned that money, they are not owed that money by anyone. NG even said that the government are taking money from him by not paying him JSA. I'm sorry but that is ridiculous, and a very good example of the entitlement culture that seems to have spread among those on benefits.

You're both right. The point is that any welfare system that disincentivises working is going to cause people to take advantage of it and is morally wrong.

You're both right. The point is that any welfare system that disincentivises working is going to cause people to take advantage of it and is morally wrong.

If itenables a person to pay another bill and have an extra hot meal in a week then is that morally wrong? Or do we wait until they are ill before they are helped?

That is not me btw. My wage for doing 3 days is £60 more than JSA. Of course I'll have tax and NI probably took off but I have survived on JSA (abeit with a struggle and cut downs) so I should survive on three days money. Another two days will bring it to over £200 but my leasure and social activities will stop or be reduced. It was fun while it lasted but as I have been told many times by posters on here employment must take prority and I can't turn the chance down.

I have checked the Tax Credits gain and it is still showning that over 60's only have to do over 16 hours. For some reason the advisor at the work program did not know this or just wants me to take full time work. I even agreed to cancel my H&S course on his say so. I was taking it because if I go back to security a lot of it requires that qualification as do many working environments.

Contacted the Tax Credit advisor. I am elligable. Not a lot. Mid £30's PW. Have to do work for four weeks conytinuous so will see if the agency can get me on regular full time or even the hours I did. Still hoping something else will turn up as this work is physically demanding and I'm not that physically strong as a rule. It will do as a stop gap. This is why I said for this job it would suit me better part time. Other less demanding jobs I would be fine with full time.

The agency is not open today so they cannot get back to me about Monday. And Tuesday I should really sort my Jobcentre JSA out. But the advisor said if there is work offered take it and phone JC up.

I don't know if there are jobs at the depot itself at LCC. Yard work sort of thing. maybe more suitable. I'll enquire about it next time I go in. If not I'll do whatever is available.

My car failed its MOT today. :( I was reasonable confident about it passing after i had the mechanic to fix the brakes. It failed on an imbalance on the rear brakes but more importantly it needs welded. That's going to cost a pretty penny!

Ladies an gentlemen boys and girls, take a seat because this one is an epic.

I write to you in a mood thats often known as "pissed off" but this is on a whole new level. Today, I arose at 3am to catch a lift to St Marg's to hop on a National Express to London. I was doing a qualification in Running today. I then planned to visit some friends who live next to Olympic Park then catch the 9:30pm bus arriving home at 11pm. A long-ass day.

It started badly, I had an old NatEx ticket confirmation in my wallet which obviously didn match up to the drivers sheets so had to pay an extra £32 frigging quid to get on the bus. Only in Milton Bastard Keynes do I realise I have the correct printout in my bag.

Upon arrival in our beautiful nations capital I enquire about the possibility of a refund from the driver. He politely explains that it is not possible and directs me to the Customer Service desk. Fair play, I kinda expected that.

The customer service man makes some bullshit excuse about "the ticket was purchased outside London so we cannot issue a refund here, call this lovely premium rate line" - so I do just that, unfortunately because I paid ash they can't issue a refund here so what I need to to is write to the address and provide the two ticket numbers and explain what happened.

Again, a bit of a rigmarole and I can see the chances of getting my cash back as slim but fair do's. I attend and complete my course no problem.

I visit my friends, see the Olympic Park, admittedly from the outside, and again a lovely time was had by all.

Here the real problems start, I leave my mates flat at 8:30 ready to catch my bus home at 9:30, I'm tired, lost stressed and in a bit of a rush. I kiss my fvcking bus by 1 minute. THANKFULLY the ticket office guy get me a free transfer onto the next bus at 11:30 (remember I've been up since 3am and done a lot of high intensity exercise AND carted my ass around London with a heavy bag all day too).

At this point I notice tha the side pocket to my bag is open, I have OCD and I KNOW tha I closed it at my friends, I also never open the side pockets 100%. NEVER! It's always about 60% so I already know what has happened.

Luckily my phone and wallet are in my pockets and thankfully my keys left at home in leicester. However inhad 3 iPods of various sizes and the one that has been taken is the most important - this is the first time I have EVER taken it outside my house because it holds ALL the music I have ever amassed and ALL my photos from holidays, nights out, relationships etc.

It can't all fit on my laptop so I kind of use this particular iPod as a storage device and chop and chamfer the music on the other two as I see fit.

Absolutely gutted it's gone, not because of the gadget itself, but because of the memories it holds - hope the cvnt that got it enjoys shit music and poorly taken holiday snaps.

I'm sti waiting for my bus giving every reprobate in this god forsaken cow shed a wide berth cos one of these bastards could be the robbing bastard waiting to strike again.

Pr!ck

Edit : I know my grammar is shit but I couldn't care less right now

Edited by blue-army-andy

Sorry to hear that, it sucks, thieving little cvnts like that really piss me off, just hope the drugs they buy with the money they get for flogging it causes them to die in an unpleasant bowel voiding, eye bleeding way in front of their crying loved ones. Not crying because they will miss him, but because they also took the drugs and know they will be next.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel

I know exactly how you feel, last year I had my iPod stolen which happened to contain about a years worth of ideas for a business project I was working on, I even saw the c**t that had taken it but it didn't click until it was too late. I still have a burning hope that he got picked up for something else and is currently banged up having AIDS systematically f**ked into his skull.

Well at least I'm finally on the bus now which is due back a st margs at 2:00am, I'll have been awake for 23hrs because sleeping on a coach is impossible for me! Then got a 1/2 hour drive out to (Royal) Newbold Verdon. Thank god I've got tomorrow off work!

I managed to bag the back row though which is a bonus so I've got my feet up - reserve iPod on and 3G on my phone to read FT - life is.... better!

In my anger I even bought a bag of Haribo Starmix, usually I'm off the crap till after the marathon but today I'm making an exception, funnily enough, after doing today's running course my marathon motivation seems to have come back which is nice - 15 miles tomorrow for me!

Well at least I'm finally on the bus now which is due back a st margs at 2:00am, I'll have been awake for 23hrs because sleeping on a coach is impossible for me! Then got a 1/2 hour drive out to (Royal) Newbold Verdon. Thank god I've got tomorrow off work!

I managed to bag the back row though which is a bonus so I've got my feet up - reserve iPod on and 3G on my phone to read FT - life is.... better!

In my anger I even bought a bag of Haribo Starmix, usually I'm off the crap till after the marathon but today I'm making an exception, funnily enough, after doing today's running course my marathon motivation seems to have come back which is nice - 15 miles tomorrow for me!

Sorry to hear about the theiving scumbags b-a-a, tough day by the sounds of it

I'd love to come face to face with the dick, preferably with a machete in my hand so I can cut the tea leafs hand off - no more robbing for him then.

I wouldn't mind but I wouldn't take a fvcking crisp with out asking somebody first and I'm usually so on my guard when on 'away turf'

Oh well, what's done is done, que sera sera and all that shit.