Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

You're both right. The point is that any welfare system that disincentivises working is going to cause people to take advantage of it and is morally wrong.

:nono:

It is the tax and national insurance system that disincentivises work.

Guest Col city fan

Did a 5k run at the gym today (not a very good time mind you) and had a walk with Mrs Carlito. Work later

Well impressed with the keeping up with the fitness mate.

I've cycled five miles each morning for the past week. Lost 5 lbs!

To be honest I find running so boring I have to do something else at the moment. Plus mi running partner is on his jollys in Zante... Lucky bastard

Been doing a bit of working out (finacially) with my brother today. If I do 22 hours like last week, I will lose my house/Council tax benefits, receive tax credits and end up £40 a week better off (aprox £2 hour) If I did just under 16 I would still get benefits JSA and allowed to keep £5 from wages and no tax credits.. I would still sign on and have to look for work over 16. With 16 or just over I would get some benefits and tax credits. No JSA.

What my brother and also me was if my hours fdluxuate from under 16 to 22 hours. JSA is stopped instantly. How long does it take for benefits to take affect or JSA to be reinstated if I go under 16 hours. I could have my benefits stopped on a short week and have to wait or not to get any JSA. Three depts do things independantly DWP Tax credits and housing. They are not linked. I should have waited to tell the jobcentre about me working as I will not get any next week even though there may not be work for me.

Is it any wonder people look for ways of manipulating the system? I am still not wise to the best way to work it to my advntage and still remain within the law.

If you are working varied hours, you continue to sign on, but you sign a declaration for all hours worked. They then should pay your JSA accordingly. Other benefits are worked out around it.

I was told this when I was signing in, and working varying hours. I'm surprised it hasn't been explained already :dunno:

By the way, I was signing on for NI credits, not JSA, but the same rules apply.

So they pay over a period? I asked at the benefit place on Wellington Street and they said similar. I show them statements and wage earnings/payslips for a month and they work it out that way. If I was sure of 22 hours I would be fine with it but its the not knowing that gets me. I know I'll be working for only £40 but I'll be off the JSA and that £40 PW will put me in the black every month. Not by much but my BB will not be eaten away come by next July if I decide to take Pension credits.

One other thing with doing it through an agency it makes it hard to take days off or a holiday. If the depot closes at Xmas I won't get anything that week and if I want to visit my family for a few days the JC won't like it. Unless I say I was told there was no work that week.

Well impressed with the keeping up with the fitness mate.

I've cycled five miles each morning for the past week. Lost 5 lbs!

To be honest I find running so boring I have to do something else at the moment. Plus mi running partner is on his jollys in Zante... Lucky bastard

Well done Col. It doesnt matter what i do at the gym, i dont lose weight. Not that fussed though, just want to be a fitter 16st at 5' 8" rather than a dumpy one if you know what i mean. Plus i need strength and fitness for my job - generally speaking. Hard graft at 41 mind you

My brother called the Workington Jobcentre up and was told not many people on JSA work more than 16 hours because they lose out. The JSA is stopped immediately. The housingin informed electronically and you have to reapply if doing tunder 16 the next week which means waiting to see an advisor and being acessed after taking all your documents in again. You do this each time your circumstances change. The woman told my brother it is a nightmare for the officials too.

Guest Col city fan

I work night sometimes too and if I wake up at say 1 in the afternoon I'm fooked if I can get back off to sleep.

Bloody horrible feeling. It ain't natural like.

started to play the JSA game. It is useless to be logical or sensible with the officials at the JobCentre. They have had their orders from the Government who want to look good and the figures to look right.

So like the majority i will play along. Three applications a week that sort of match my credentials. obviously I cannot put van driver down but there are some who when the employers receive the application will say he's not suitable. I won't be saying it so its not my fault. What I mean is if the ad does not say a driving license is required then it is OK.

I did apply for a job the other day received an application today. Misread the ad. It was for a care worker and I thought it was just helping out. The application asks for the level of my nursing skills. Reread the ad and it says Punjabi speaking. There was a tel number with the application so I rang them. Spoke to a nice lady. After explaining that I misread the ad she said OK and said sometimes jobs do come up that need less qualifications or some training can be given if I was interested. .

So maybe something positive came out of it.

I'll just have to read the job ads more carefully. I thought it would be a type of voluntary role where you are assisting a professional. I believe I could manage that.

Edited by Nightguard

I have not worked a day shift since the late 90s, a long stretch of working nights and now afternoons.

Would love to work days again since the social enviroment is all set around dayshift work.

Afternoons is the worst shift for me. By the time i get home at 10pm my body is fooked but my eyes are wide awake. End up laying in bed until 3-4am then by the time i wake up its time to go to work again!

Guest Col city fan

Started shite...

Woke up again feeling like I had the back of an 80 yr old.

Stretches, ice and diclofenac later, it all feels more normal.

Had my back ride this afto (down the great central way... Absolutely lovely this afto) and making the dinner for the g/f...

She really doesn't know what a lucky girl she is...

:thumbup:

Started shite...

Woke up again feeling like I had the back of an 80 yr old.

Stretches, ice and diclofenac later, it all feels more normal.

Had my back ride this afto (down the great central way... Absolutely lovely this afto) and making the dinner for the g/f...

She really doesn't know what a lucky girl she is...

:thumbup:

They don't, they just take take take.