Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

One of my cats (got 2) has just been hit by a car and died and I'm so gutted, so it's been a shocking day

I'm so sorry to hear that... I'd be in bits if anything happened to my cat so you have my full sympathy. {{{hugs}}}

Don't forget your beach ball for the match!Good luck with the run,sounds like a good weekend to me.

Oh my god, quality day, watched the match and enjoyed being the only person in the directors box (yep, check me with my prawn sarnies!) to cheer when Liverpool scored, they're my second team if you will.

Went out to explore New Astor after the game - the birds up here are absolutely ****ing stunning.

We're staying in the Uni halls - my god I'm glad I was never a student, I couldn't live in this box of a room for a whole year! Surprised there's no suicide note on the walls! That said, everybody is really friendly and it's a good (cheap) experience with brekky in the morning.

And tomorrow it's the biggest and best race of the whole year! Can't wait and can't sleep either! Its on Bbc 1 at 10:00am if anybody wants to watch, I'll be the one at the front

Went to Melton Mowbray Beer Festival today. Cost me money but it made a change. Got paid by cheque for the couple of days work I did for the council via the agency. Problem with my account detals so they couldn't dpay it in. So I cashed the cheque instead. Doesn't show on my account details now.

Spoke to someone I know who has been on disability pension for about 7 years. He had to go for assessment. Been told he is fit for work. He is appealing but has to wait 84 weeks to be heard. In the meantime he is now on JSA. A reduction of around £20 PW. He said he scored less than what is regardede as as a fit state.

He says he cannot walk far without holding onto something and the reason he doesn't have a walking stick is that he does the same route and knows where he can stop and hold onto something. Knowing him it is usually a bar. He goes Sheffield or DErby every day on pub crawls. He has a set route he takes, knowing times of trains, buses and trams so he doesn't have to walk far.

I did a few hours at LCC last Friday. Four hours in I was shattered and was behind time. I was told to come home as I was not feeling too good. I am OK with the litter picking and caretaking roles but road sweeping and carrying a metal bin around is too physical for me. There are vacancies coming up and it has put me off applying. If I did it full time it could make me ill or worse. Not trying to get out of it but I have to consider my health.

Got an interview at LCFC Monday as a steward. Watch out L1 I I will be watching you.

Not really. Hopefully I'll get the assiting the diusabled role. It's only a max of 8 hours so no idea how it affects my JSA etc. I could be worse off if my benefits are reduced.

Edited by Nightguard

Guest Col city fan

One of my cats (got 2) has just been hit by a car and died and I'm so gutted, so it's been a shocking day

Sorry to hear that mate.

Same happened to mine a couple of years ago.

Jesus ****ing Christ. I just nearly shit myself to death.

I never bother having the light on in my room, the bulb's too bright and it just annoys me. So I walked in to my room in the dark as always and out of nowhere something goes FLYING across the room in front of me.

Only a ****ing cat!!! To stress, this is the second story of a terrace house with a window that opens up and out from the bottom. How the hell it got in is anyone's guess.

One thing's for certain, it couldn't work out how to get back out!! Was just perched on my window refusing to let go. Didn't want to push it out and it was too scared to let go of the window so I literally had to pretty much force it to release the UPVC from it's claws and carry the thing outside.

I never bother having the light on in my room, the bulb's too bright and it just annoys me. So I walked in to my room in the dark as always and out of nowhere something goes FLYING across the room in front of me.

Only a ****ing cat!!! To stress, this is the second story of a terrace house with a window that opens up and out from the bottom. How the hell it got in is anyone's guess.

One thing's for certain, it couldn't work out how to get back out!! Was just perched on my window refusing to let go. Didn't want to push it out and it was too scared to let go of the window so I literally had to pretty much force it to release the UPVC from it's claws and carry the thing outside.

A few years ago I was spending the last night in my childhood home before moving house, my bed had already been sent away so I was sleeping on a camp bed in my room. My room was attached to the extension's roof which came up to just below the window level, this is an important detail...

Anyway, I heard a funny noise outside the window so kneeled up so my head was at window sill height and opened the curtains so I could peer out, I came face to face with my neighbours giant - fat black cat about 2inches from my face which, at that moment, happened to be yawning giving me a lovely view of its ****ing teeth.

In my tired state I thought it was some sort of cougar and practically hit the ceiling.

Haha that's a pissa, why don't you have a fly screen on the window or something.

Went for an interview at LCFC. Went for a steward but the interviewee said there were not really quiet spots in the ground which would have suited me better. However she contacted the leader of the car park team and after a chat she seemed to be pleased with me. If it's regular I need to sort my JSA and benefits out. Just called them and they were busy. Only information I've had so far is that I will lose mone if I only do 8 hours.

Anyway the job is normally 10.30am to around 6pm. Its checking parking cars have the season ticket for the right place. When the match kicks off we go into the ground until just before half time then go back in until the early leavers come out. If there is a mid week game its 4pm to 10pm. Minimum wage. Standing no seats. I asked about cleaning too she said she doesn't deal with that side of things but knows the person who does so will ask if there are vacancies.

On the way home I regretted not asking if there was a footbakll managers coming up soon.

Also met Webbo today. Seems a nice fella for a mod. :)

Edited by Nightguard

Went for an interview at LCFC. Went for a steward but the interviewee said there were not really quiet spots in the ground which would have suited me better. However she contacted the leader of the car park team and after a chat she seemed to be pleased with me. If it's regular I need to sort my JSA and benefits out. Just called them and they were busy. Only information I've had so far is that I will lose mone if I only do 8 hours.

Anyway the job is normally 10.30am to around 6pm. Its checking parking cars have the season ticket for the right place. When the match kicks off we go into the ground until just before half time then go back in until the early leavers come out. If there is a mid week game its 4pm to 10pm. Minimum wage. Standing no seats. I asked about cleaning too she said she doesn't deal with that side of things but knows the person who does so will ask if there are vacancies.

On the way home I regretted not asking if there was a footbakll managers coming up soon.

Also met Webbo today. Seems a nice fella for a mod. :)

Good luck pal