Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

To be honest college went by quick today, but one minor problem today was, a new lad joined the group today and already he's got the girls all over him, meaning the other guys in my group are sidelined, if you get what i mean. What get's me is he's not that bleeding good looking!

Leicesterpool Sidelined

awkward_boners_detail.jpg

To be honest college went by quick today, but one minor problem today was, a new lad joined the group today and already he's got the girls all over him, meaning the other guys in my group are sidelined, if you get what i mean. What get's me is he's not that bleeding good looking!

Story of my life. lol

Boss off today,van driver short,so I thought I would help out with the deliveries it was great rushing around the countryside (like i do as a rep,but not rushing)

One of my best customers has a right Wvnker in goods in and always has a go at any drivers,he is famed for it.Well I had to go this morning,I was praying I would see him,I was not disappointed .He said "oi driver,move your van to the other door" I said if he smiled and asked nicely I might tink about it,he didn't look happy.Moved the van and the MD was there saw me,pissed himself laughing at me in my shorts,put his arm round me and asked me about some complex design I had sorted for him and it was working well,I didn't have to say a thing to this bloke,but I know he felt a bit of a twat.Treat all people how you expect to be treated,whoever you talk to is something I adhere to.

Guest Col city fan

Try and trim a few hundred calories every day. You might have reached your maintenance calorie level.

I think you're right mate

And I am trying believe me.

Having stopped smoking a month ago I'm having to take things very much one at a time.

I think you're right mate

And I am trying believe me.

Having stopped smoking a month ago I'm having to take things very much one at a time.

Good on you, I stopped about 2 years ago almost to the day and I don't regret it one bit. But yeah, re: the calorie thing, a few hundred really isn't that much, maybe one 500ml bottle of coke or a sandwich. Just a suggestion if you're trying to shed a few more because the more your weight drops the less you need to maintain that weight.

Guest Col city fan

Going to Stamford tomorrow with a group of chaps on a little pub crawl. For those that ain't been it's a smashing little town and must have about 15 boozers in about a mile radius.

Expect nonsense from me on here later tomoz night.

Well, more nonsense than usual anyway...

:whistle:

Guest Col city fan

Good on you, I stopped about 2 years ago almost to the day and I don't regret it one bit. But yeah, re: the calorie thing, a few hundred really isn't that much, maybe one 500ml bottle of coke or a sandwich. Just a suggestion if you're trying to shed a few more because the more your weight drops the less you need to maintain that weight.

As the above post shows I do like mi beer. I doubt that helps. Lost a stone in about a month or so (now c.15 st) but its certainly slowed up however much I exercise. Eating better will be the next project. Cheers mate.

Cycled another 21 miles today

Weight loss has stopped though... I've hit a plateau. The biking is getting much easier now though.

Try and trim a few hundred calories every day. You might have reached your maintenance calorie level.

Don't forget to up the intensity a bit two, attack the weight loss from two angles and see double the result!

Waited in all day for a call about the job at LCFC. Never got one. Maybe she was busy. She sounded genuine the other day. It had to be approved by the finance department. Couyld be they can't afford to pay my wages of 6.08 a hour/ If they offloaded a player or two they could.

Guest Col city fan

Don't forget to up the intensity a bit two, attack the weight loss from two angles and see double the result!

Mate... You're a personal trainer I believe? Fair play to you, you know more about this whole fitness malarkey than I do.

However, appreciate it when i say, I ain't kiddin ya, when you get to 40+ it does get harder to shed weight. Especially when you've never been a slim bloke in the first place. For every calorie I burn you probably burn 3 or 4 I would imagine.

When I was in my 20's I could drink lots, eat shit and still burn off weight by playing sats and Sunday's. Now, believe me, it's harder to get rid.

Mate... You're a personal trainer I believe? Fair play to you, you know more about this whole fitness malarkey than I do.

However, appreciate it when i say, I ain't kiddin ya, when you get to 40+ it does get harder to shed weight. Especially when you've never been a slim bloke in the first place. For every calorie I burn you probably burn 3 or 4 I would imagine.

When I was in my 20's I could drink lots, eat shit and still burn off weight by playing sats and Sunday's. Now, believe me, it's harder to get rid.

Agreed.Ive lost a stone,cycling and cutting out crap,but I still like my burners,weekend only now though.

Apologies if I came across as balshy, certainly wasn't my intent! From what you said, your doing a very good job and have gotten fitter, and thus have hit the plateau, yes, I totally agree its harder for people your age however one of my colleagues just set a client who is in his 60s off on a triathlon, he showed me pictures of what this guy looked like just one year ago and fvcking me it's a totally different person!

What I'm trying to say is, whilst age does have an effect on performance (by performance I mean the rate of weight loss/fitness gain), it can ALWAYS be improved. Take Chris Hoy, pretty decent cyclist, yes, he now get a diminishing return on performance increase for the amount of training he does BUT he still gets it because the intensity is always being pushed. Its the same for you (for a better explanation google progressive overload). You may lose weight at a slower rate as you body adapts to your training so this is a KEY time to kick that up the arse and get it going again. DON'T GIVE UP!!

Again, let me stress, I don't know you personally so you may have health/fitness conditions that I don't know about and certainly wouldn't want you to disclose them here either - but it SOUNDS like you are ready to take the step up to level 2 and really start seeing more results that may surprise yourself. It's almost like starting from scratch, but you are a step higher up the ladder.

In my experience, the middle aged clients are more often the ones that need convincing of their true potential - many people who I train in that age bracket think that their over the hill - "can't do this" - "cant do that" - it's fvcking brilliant when they actually do see what they are capable of already (that said, younger generations aren't completely innocent here either - more down to laziness though).

Again - I didnt mean to be arrogant or balshy - that's precisely the opposite of the PT I want to be, it's cheesy, but when I hear of people's success, client or not, I just want to hear that story get better and better. Christ on a bike, last week there was a guy running the Great North Run with a 40kg fridge in his back which got full of change for charity! He had ran the GNR course for 30days on the Trott with this bloody fridge too, 30 1/2 marathons in 30 days is killer enough - oh and he's 48, he's not exactly athletic, give him a google too.

Anyway, I'm rambling so I'll end this little speech here - don't be that 40 something (like my dear old mum) that uses age as an excuse because that's all it is, an excuse - it will take 6 months to go from level 2 to level 3 or it may take 6 years but it CAN be done.

Now might be a good time to mention i did my longest ever run this morning 90 minutes non stop. Few months back 4 minutes was a struggle.

Been an epic 24 hours, My rugby league team won last night against there biggest rivals non bad for a club that was on the brink 2 years ago now. Now heading to sydney for the GF next week so buzzing about. Did my best run ever this morning. Now watching the Cincinnati Reds just needing this win to clinch there division.

Going to Stamford tomorrow with a group of chaps on a little pub crawl. For those that ain't been it's a smashing little town and must have about 15 boozers in about a mile radius.

Expect nonsense from me on here later tomoz night.

Well, more nonsense than usual anyway...

:whistle:

Cracking place to go on the piss, Stamford and Deeping both little gems.