Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Won our county final last night and got man of the match :scarf:

Ridiculously hungover now.

Well done FoxyPV :thumbup:

Superbly pleased tonight because in all honesty i travelled up to Middlesbrough with my wife today fearing a defeat and hoping for a draw at best really - brilliant win in the end. I havent been to the gym for 2 days (cant go tomorrow either) and im not even grouchy about it lol

AFL final weekend so Melbourne has been bouncing. Just got in from an awesome night. I was working in Federation Square yesterday, a tourist hotspot, and saw my old personnel manager from back in England. I've gone halfway round the world but I still can't escape what I used to do.

The City shirt I bought in that discount shop in Leicester is rubbish. When City had a break for the internationals I washed it. I put it on a cold wash and when it came out all the lettering had come off.

It must be the shirt as one I have with Walkers on is still fine. Also got the away one with LG and that is OK.

Only paid a tenner and if I had bought iyt at the City shop I would have returned it. Maybe there is some way of attaching the missing Letters. It is last seasons shirt.

Lucky git. She looked proper fit. I take it she binned you?.

lol

Other way round. I moved further away, she was still and student and I couldn't keep up with the all weekend drug festivals ("****ing wicked")

Edit: you're right though, I was definitely punching above my weight

Edited by Alexikokopops

Born Blue - comisserations but keep looking to the future

Carlito - It's a proverbial day out of the office. Enjoy it as much as you can.

Just had my first fish supper ins long time and I feel like there is a lead weight in my stomach. I wish I'd chosen to get an Indian instead.

Won our county final last night and got man of the match :scarf:

Ridiculously hungover now.

well done,sounds like you deserved to be hungover.

I remember when I was younger we reached the cricket cup final,we were division 3 at the time and we were playing a team who were not only the winners the previous year so the final was played at their ground as champions ,they were div 1 winners and going up to senior league cricket having not lost one game all season.We arrived by coach to see a banner outside the pub with the clubs name on it saying winners before the game had started.A huge crowd(for village cricket) two deep all the way around from othe clubs,all wanting us to win as underdogs and not cocky.Caught my best catch ever 3rd ball,I think,,didn't trouble the scorers much as opening bat and certainly didn't get man of the match.We stuffed them,anyway this was a Sunday and I didn't get home till 4 as we had a lock in,had to take a sickie,which is a rarety and threw up nearly all day,but it was worth it.You will enjoy looking back on this for many years to come,unless its commonplace for you.We did get promotion 3 years on the trot from then and ended up playing senior cricket,so the celebrations carried on for a few years.

Guest Col city fan

Me and the missis have had an incredibly lazy day.

Got up, watched the Football League Show.

Then I did go out for a bike ride I suppose.

Came back, watched Florists lose to Derby, then watched 'The Hunger Games' then a Vamp film called 'The Reverend'... All whilst chomping a KFC Bargain Bucket....

Lovely lovely...

Got my prelimerary interview today for that salesman type job.

Still can't remember applying for it. I've printed off the jobs I've applied for in the last month and cannot see it.

Maybe they saw my CV on one of the job sites it is registered with. If that is so it makes me feel a little better as it is them that selected me and not me applying for it to fill my job search card up.

I can only go in and see what they are about. I may be get a surprise and find its more suitable than I first thought.

Maybe putting down that I do some voluntary work for a news agency helps and if they have roles in that sort of thing I would give it a try

It is only a meeting to talk about what they do and for them to find more out about me. She did say on the phone there were more than one opening available. Might even end up as inhouse security.

Better go bed. Not till 2.30pm but need some sleep.

Boyfriend's away for a week, I'm on closes every night until Friday at work and the weather is beyond shite, so not the best really...

But **** it, at least I know keeping a good stock of quality wine is sufficient to keep me happy :)

Absolutely amazing weekend, went to the AFL grand final on the saturday and then went to Sydney for the NRL grand final on the Sunday to watch my team. Sunday was quality 5000 of us made the journey and were out numbered by about 70,000 but we made plenty of noise and managed to win 14-4 was amazing and turned Sydney in to a see of purple. The after match function was too good for words especially after 2 years ago the club was close to folding after salary cap breaches.

Blissful Sunday, lay in till 9, kippers for breakfast. Out with the dogs for two hours rambling through the woods and fields, pint in the pub on the way home and roast beef for din-dins, Snoozed in an out through the footy, cricket and Ryder cup. Slept like a log.

Absolutely amazing weekend, went to the AFL grand final on the saturday and then went to Sydney for the NRL grand final on the Sunday to watch my team. Sunday was quality 5000 of us made the journey and were out numbered by about 70,000 but we made plenty of noise and managed to win 14-4 was amazing and turned Sydney in to a see of purple. The after match function was too good for words especially after 2 years ago the club was close to folding after salary cap breaches.

Thats one way to describe it, cheating might be a better way :P (Sorry couldnt resist being a Manly fan) But you did walk all over them on sunday. Good to see James Graham is still a dirty shit, wonder how long he'll get banned for that

Edited by welck12