Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Unless you were a creationist and believed the earth was 6000 years old then the figures would be ridiculous and not make sense.

And you'd also get to be part of a scientific committee: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/oct/06/republican-congressman-paul-broun-evolution-video

I wonder why people mock the Americans for being stupid yokels?

Managed to slice my thumb open, blood everywhere. Half the skin on my thumb was sticking up so I thought I might need stiches. Went to the pharmacy 30 seconds down the road and the bloke cleaned it, dressed it and sorted it out for me! Said the hopsital wouldn't be able to stitch it back up because it's on a joint, but that if it keeps bleeding go and they'll glue it back together, doesn't sound too nice.

Had an Email about the online job I applied for. . I have got through to the exam stage. . It is only 10-20 hours per week.

Had to set up a separate email account. Already use it but thought it better to have a separate one. Just have to wait for the exam now. Got five days to complete it.

The job I applied for is an online assessor.

When I first looked at this there was someone on here that has done this work. Could do with some help and advice. I have agreed to the T & C so part of the way there. Printed off all the attachments and there is a lot of reading.

What have I let myself in for? When does the exam arrive?

Edited by Nightguard

Had an Email off Lionbridge. I have been accepted but still have the exam to do. It is only 10-20 hours per week. Not sure about it being a self-employed. I'll have to pay my own tax etc and don't know if I can claim anything else It's Euro 10.67 hour.

Had to set up a separate email account. Already use it but thought it better to have a seperate one. Just have to wait for the exam now. Got five days to complete it.

Lionbridge is the job I applied some time ago for online assessor. The pay looks like minimum. Don't know the exchange rate but guessing at something like 2 euro to a £.

When I first looked at this there was someone on here that has done this work. Could do with some help and advice. I have agreed to the T & C so part of the way there. Printed off all the attachments and there is a lot of reading.

What have I let myself in for? When does the exam arrive?

wors out at £8.60 per hour. Pretty damn good. I might apply myself. You should probably edit your post btw because i'm pretty sure they have strict rules on giving out info like pay rates. Certainly before now it has been impossible for me to find out how much the job pays.

Also phoned Vista which is a charity for the blind. Thinking of being a befriender. They visit people who are blind and either help them or just chat. They will arrange a time so I can go and talk to them to see if I am suitable. There is a course in January

That will suit me if I get Xmas work. Also went into the Afult Education Centre the other day and enquired about course in being a carer.

There is a course for that two. Will get a level 2. Thought t would cost the concession rate £50 for level 1 and £90 level 2 but was told I could get it free if unemployed. Got an assessment early November. I mail fail completely but on the orther hand it gives me another option to get back to work and ity may be the kind of work I could do for a couple more years.

Nothing wrong with trying different things.

Made some spelling mistakes but cant be bothered to go through it.

wors out at £8.60 per hour. Pretty damn good. I might apply myself. You should probably edit your post btw because i'm pretty sure they have strict rules on giving out info like pay rates. Certainly before now it has been impossible for me to find out how much the job pays.

Now he's edited it, I wonder how much it works out at...... :unsure:

Well done mate. How much does a driving test cost now if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks mate :)

Cost £62 for the test which I booked about 10 weeks ago, plus £20 to hire the instructors car for the test, plus a further £20 for the lesson immediately before the test. So it depends how you look at it to put the a price on it, so the DSA take £62, but it costs you just over £100 for the day.

• Like 1

Thanks mate :)

Cost £62 for the test which I booked about 10 weeks ago, plus £20 to hire the instructors car for the test, plus a further £20 for the lesson immediately before the test. So it depends how you look at it to put the a price on it, so the DSA take £62, but it costs you just over £100 for the day.

Cheers :thumbup: , I've got a daughter taking driving lessons.

wors out at £0 per hour. Pretty damn good. I might apply myself. You should probably edit your post btw because i'm pretty sure they have strict rules on giving out info like pay rates. Certainly before now it has been impossible for me to find out how much the job pays.

I have edited my post but can't edit your quote.

Edited by Nightguard

Passed my driving test today :D

CRACKERJACK!

I had a good day. Went to Ikea for the first time. Only popped in to use their canteen facilities but ended up on a right adventure after deciding to walk around the shop. Had some flipping fun on Swivvle chairs testing them out. They've got some marvelous ones. Not tried a swivvle chair for years...oh it brought back some great memories of when I was a child. Also tested out some Poang chairs and am defo going back to buy one of those along with a footstool.

Saw a decent clock thing where the info on the digital screen changes depending on which side you stand the clock on. All four sides have different info like temperature etc.. The things they can do nowadays is astonishing.

Ended up buying a couple of white file cabinet type storage boxes aswell as the meatballs and chip dinner. Delighted, now just have to find something to keep in the boxes to top off a decent day.

CRACKERJACK!

I had a good day. Went to Ikea for the first time. Only popped in to use their canteen facilities but ended up on a right adventure after deciding to walk around the shop. Had some flipping fun on Swivvle chairs testing them out. They've got some marvelous ones. Not tried a swivvle chair for years...oh it brought back some great memories of when I was a child. Also tested out some Poang chairs and am defo going back to buy one of those along with a footstool.

Saw a decent clock thing where the info on the digital screen changes depending on which side you stand the clock on. All four sides have different info like temperature etc.. The things they can do nowadays is astonishing.

Ended up buying a couple of white file cabinet type storage boxes aswell as the meatballs and chip dinner. Delighted, now just have to find something to keep in the boxes to top off a decent day.

lol

Were/Are you stoned?!

Dad got the all clear today after two ops last year, chemo the first 6 months of this year followed by another op.

All clear for now, with a scan in Feb to see how it's going.

Great news great early birthday present

That is great news. Hope all continues to go well

I nearly bought 1 of those today from Ikea, only £4.00.