Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Dad got the all clear today after two ops last year, chemo the first 6 months of this year followed by another op.

All clear for now, with a scan in Feb to see how it's going.

Great news great early birthday present

Congrats mate, amazing news! Christmas and Birthday come early. All the best for the next one!

lol

Were/Are you stoned?!

Stone cold sober. I tried to buy a bottle of beer from the canteen but they refused me, the piss-ants. They said it's because you have to buy the beer with your meal. I said I'd go and get my plate to prove I've just bought a dinner 10 minutes earlier but they just mumbled something about licensing laws and that I had to pay for the beer with the meal. I said I could prove that I'd had a meal and that I wasn't going to just pick up a random plate because the plate I'd bring back would have one and a half meatballs and some gravy on it, so they knew I'd bought a meal but they mumbled the thing about licensing laws again so I gave up - after begging them to check the cctv for evidence of me buying the meal.

Was gutted because I'd had three fried egg sandwiches with red sauce two hours before and then just finished eighteen and a half meatballs and chips and felt sick. Didn't fancy none of the stupid pop they had on sale so went without. Soon perked up when I got in the amazing maze of a store though.

I nearly bought 1 of those today from Ikea, only £4.00.

That's the one, nearly got one myself but I only took enough cash out for a bite to eat and I'd already picked up the storage box things with my change.

Oh My F*&king Good God, you mean to say I could have walked past you in Ikea today? If I'd have seen you I would have sniffed your neck like that bloke does to John Travolta on Wild Hogs and said "Fina-f*&king-ly.....my hero". lol Not really, I would have just gone for a firm handshake.

CRACKERJACK!

I had a good day. Went to Ikea for the first time. Only popped in to use their canteen facilities but ended up on a right adventure after deciding to walk around the shop. Had some flipping fun on Swivvle chairs testing them out. They've got some marvelous ones. Not tried a swivvle chair for years...oh it brought back some great memories of when I was a child. Also tested out some Poang chairs and am defo going back to buy one of those along with a footstool.

Saw a decent clock thing where the info on the digital screen changes depending on which side you stand the clock on. All four sides have different info like temperature etc.. The things they can do nowadays is astonishing.

Ended up buying a couple of white file cabinet type storage boxes aswell as the meatballs and chip dinner. Delighted, now just have to find something to keep in the boxes to top off a decent day.

Those Poang chairs are dogshit, I had one and the seat part collapsed. Used it as a clothes horse for a while before chucking the piece of shit out

Those Poang chairs are dogshit, I had one and the seat part collapsed. Used it as a clothes horse for a while before chucking the piece of shit out

Thanks for the tip, probably saved me about £80. How long did it last for, and were you bouncing on it too often or did it collapse from normal usage? If it lasted more than 20 weeks I'll probably buy one anyway (about 50p per day for the pleasure is not too bad).

Probably about 10 weeks, I didn't sit in it often, it was kep in my room and I usually spend my time in the living room mor than in there.

I sit down slowly to keep my legs active (squatting, im a personal trainer with OCD) ie I don't flop back into the chair.

The inside the fabric cover is a metal frame which is spanned with strips of plastic (like the stuff you get round a cardboard box when you buy heavy items), these strips always moved apart creating a whole and then eventually started to snap.

I'd keep your £80 if I were you.

Got that Friday afternoon frustration when you just want to gtfo but can't because the bosses have decided now is the time they actually want to do something. Meanwhile the car park is already half empty and there are empty seats popping up all over, but I'm stuck here staring into space. Seriously thinking of cracking one out in the toilet just to pass the time, but Mrs moose has a meal and wine planned for later so I know she's up for it and I know that if I unload now I'll lack the drive later, and that'll put her in a bad mood and ruin the whole weekend. ****ing problems, man, do they ever end

Woke up still absolutely steaming from last night.

Was supposed to meet a friend at 11, he's not happy.

Got that Friday afternoon frustration when you just want to gtfo but can't because the bosses have decided now is the time they actually want to do something. Meanwhile the car park is already half empty and there are empty seats popping up all over, but I'm stuck here staring into space. Seriously thinking of cracking one out in the toilet just to pass the time, but Mrs moose has a meal and wine planned for later so I know she's up for it and I know that if I unload now I'll lack the drive later, and that'll put her in a bad mood and ruin the whole weekend. ****ing problems, man, do they ever end

Do one in the toilet, always makes work go quicker.

Edited by MattP

That's the one, nearly got one myself but I only took enough cash out for a bite to eat and I'd already picked up the storage box things with my change.

Oh My F*&king Good God, you mean to say I could have walked past you in Ikea today? If I'd have seen you I would have sniffed your neck like that bloke does to John Travolta on Wild Hogs and said "Fina-f*&king-ly.....my hero". lol Not really, I would have just gone for a firm handshake.

lol I went because of the 25 anniversary thing. I wanted to try and win something and get a free breakfast. I never won anything but me and the missus got a free breakfast worth £1.60 each, only cost me a tenner in petrol.

Got an email off L--------e Sending all the stuff for the exam around the 18th. Got 5 days to finish.

Theory and pratical and lots of study so it will be a fail. May be too much for me. Over 100 things to do in the pratical.

Don't know how the pay structure works. They quote a hourly rate yet I would be responsible for my own tax etc Do yo pay tax as self employed if you only work 10-20 hours? Talking about self employed.

Trying not to divulge too much info. Any ref to the company pay or nature of business in this thread need to be edited to be on the safe side.

I don't think you need to worry about tax until you're earning over the tax free threshold. So maybe best to concentrate on the exam. I wouldn't worry about it though as you've clearly already decided that getting paid is too much like hard work

Is it hard work being such a cunt or does it come naturally for you?

You think if nightguard had decided "getting paid is too much like hard work" he'd have spent the last several months hunting for work, like his posts have suggested?

• Like 1

Got an email off L--------e Sending all the stuff for the exam around the 18th. Got 5 days to finish.

Theory and pratical and lots of study so it will be a fail. May be too much for me. Over 100 things to do in the pratical.

Don't know how the pay structure works. They quote a hourly rate yet I would be responsible for my own tax etc Do yo pay tax as self employed if you only work 10-20 hours? Talking about self employed.

Trying not to divulge too much info. Any ref to the company pay or nature of business in this thread need to be edited to be on the safe side.

Concentrate on the exam at the minute, worry about the pay later. :thumbup:

Is it hard work being such a cunt or does it come naturally for you?

You think if nightguard had decided "getting paid is too much like hard work" he'd have spent the last several months hunting for work, like his posts have suggested?

He couldn't even be bothered to convert the pay rate from euros to pounds before he dismissed it. It turns out that it's actually a very good rate of pay, but now he's dismissing it because he assumes the exam is going to be too hard. I'm not trying to be a ****, but ffs if you want to get paid you have to do something in return and that usually involves putting in some work.

He couldn't even be bothered to convert the pay rate from euros to pounds before he dismissed it. It turns out that it's actually a very good rate of pay, but now he's dismissing it because he assumes the exam is going to be too hard. I'm not trying to be a ****, but ffs if you want to get paid you have to do something in return and that usually involves putting in some work.

Not har as in doing work but has in difficulty. I don't know what it entails. There is a theory and pratical which consists of around 150 tasks. Some may be easy and some may be difficult.

The email I received today says many fail because they have not studied the how to section enough

Not being an academic type because not doing higher A and O levels or college or university this sort of thing is new for me but I have five days to complete it.

I will not be allowed to show any of the details online so I'm on my own. I'd like to do the job but just worried if the role is above what I am able to do..

Maybe I should not have posted the wage. I edited my post but it was quoted which I cannot change.

The role is basically analsing results for different searchs that people do and how what they input is fast or slow. Not something I had really thought about before. It may become clearer after seeing what I have to do in the exam and if I can do that the job will be OK as the exam is meant to be tough so as to get the best people doing the assessing.

I didn't convert the pay because I posted soon after receiving the email. I was just guessing at two E to a £ but it's some years since I've been abroad or looked at the exchange rates.

Edited by Nightguard

Guest Col city fan

Just been for a stroll around Thornton reservoir in the Autumn sunshine - beautiful!

This is my fave time of the year.

I've just walked along the prom at Chapel St. Leonard's. Bracing, but also beautiful.

Been busy doing some writing for next Wednesday's writer's group. Subject was 'A man that turns out to be a woman'

I already have one the other way round (The pink Handbag) but did this in rough hand then just typed it out. It's in a word document so may have to be downloaded. I've not posted it on a website yet.

It's a sort of mystery story. Don't want to give too much away.It's four pages and a few lines of double spaced so too much to put in a post.

CHANGES.rtf

Edited by Nightguard

Wasted two days in work this weekend.

Called in to help with the area change over.

Sat for FIVE hours yesterday doing nothing as the IT guys hadn't finished their bit but they said we couldn't go home in case we were needed.

Went in this morning for absolutely nothing but couldn't go home until we got the all clear at 2pm.

What a waste of time and money.

Guest BlueBrett

Spent 45 minutes queueing in sportsdirect to exchange some joggers. About to eat a chocolate chip loaf-cake with a cup of tea now though so things are looking up