Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Hardly moved all day after a trip to A&E this morning. Injured my back yesterday playing football and couldn't move at all when I woke up this morning with an excruciating pain when ever I move. Apparently I've got a badly torn muscle in my mid-back area and badly bruised ribs. Frustrating, can't do anything, everything takes so much longer than it normally would and it feels like I'm being stabbed in the back!

Guest Col city fan

Hardly moved all day after a trip to A&E this morning. Injured my back yesterday playing football and couldn't move at all when I woke up this morning with an excruciating pain when ever I move. Apparently I've got a badly torn muscle in my mid-back area and badly bruised ribs. Frustrating, can't do anything, everything takes so much longer than it normally would and it feels like I'm being stabbed in the back!

Can empathise with you there FT. Bad backs are no fun.

Hope it improves for you soon mate.

If not, PM me and I'll drop you the number of my chiropractor.

Can empathise with you there FT. Bad backs are no fun.

Hope it improves for you soon mate.

If not, PM me and I'll drop you the number of my chiropractor.

Cheers for the kind words Col. Had a similar injury in the summer and after 3 days of torture it subsided a bit.

Are you the only one who writes for Down and Out Leicester Ken?

How many people are supposed to be on the project?

Edited by MattP

There are others but they were busy with other things today. One had a meeting with the boss of Action Homeless plus there was an event on this morning. I am trying to be involved more though and look as if I'm doing something.

I can post anything if you have stories social and community related. Any concerns or anything you wish to make your voice heard just post on the blog. It is open to anyone.

Was in Apex today and over the next few months a media newsroom is being set up. There is going to be a news desk for Citizens Eye and other branches and one for DNO. Applications will be made to the Lottery Fund to enable to have an editor and sub-editor on a part time paid capacity. I may consider putting my name forward for a sub-editor role. I was not too confident when I started but as I am one of the few 'reporters' that turn up I would like to see if I could do it. It won't pay much but it may enable me to come off JSA if I do that internet job as well.

I just want a name badge to put around my neck really with Ace Reporter on. :)

Keep going, at absolute worst it will be something to whack on the CV, always looks impressive if you have gone out of your own way to do something.

There are others but they were busy with other things today. One had a meeting with the boss of Action Homeless plus there was an event on this morning. I am trying to be involved more though and look as if I'm doing something.

I can post anything if you have stories social and community related. Any concerns or anything you wish to make your voice heard just post on the blog. It is open to anyone.

Was in Apex today and over the next few months a media newsroom is being set up. There is going to be a news desk for Citizens Eye and other branches and one for DNO. Applications will be made to the Lottery Fund to enable to have an editor and sub-editor on a part time paid capacity. I may consider putting my name forward for a sub-editor role. I was not too confident when I started but as I am one of the few 'reporters' that turn up I would like to see if I could do it. It won't pay much but it may enable me to come off JSA if I do that internet job as well.

I just want a name badge to put around my neck really with Ace Reporter on. :)

Name badge is a terrible idea Ken, however going for the sub-editors role is a masterstroke - go for it mate.

Got an email back from management job I've applied for, I have a telephone interview at 5:15 on Monday.

Should that be successful I get an interview with the General Manager on the 26th.

Should that be successful I get an interview with the Regional Manager on the 31st.

Should that be successful I get the job.

Finger crossed, I'm putting a lot of work and research into it. If anybody knows what sort of questions might be asked in a (assistant) managers position I'd love to hear 'em!!

Good luck. By the time you get to the third interview you may only be up against one other candidate.

Going in the Heart Foundation shop Sat morning for a volunteer job. On the form it says answering calls and arranging deliveries and pick up of goods but it will be shop work as well. Need to brush up on my telephone skills to widen my choice of roles.

I can't hear anything out of my left ear and haven't been able to since about Thursday. It's fúcking weird and quite annoying. I've been the doctors twice but apparently there's nothing he can do until they've been syringed so he can have a proper look at them. There's no appointment times to get them syringed until Monday. Monday! I've gotta go about 10 days without hearing in one ear. Shit this.

I can't hear anything out of my left ear and haven't been able to since about Thursday. It's fúcking weird and quite annoying. I've been the doctors twice but apparently there's nothing he can do until they've been syringed so he can have a proper look at them. There's no appointment times to get them syringed until Monday. Monday! I've gotta go about 10 days without hearing in one ear. Shit this.

You tried olive oil in your ear and then sticking some cotton wool in after when you go to bed?

You tried olive oil in your ear and then sticking some cotton wool in after when you go to bed?

Aye, doc's given me drops and stuff, nothing's changed yet. Gonna keep using them and hopefully it'll fix itself but if not after they've been syringed on Monday it should be sound. Just annoying the wait's that long! How many people could possibly want their ears syringed between now and Monday haha?!