Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I have mine done every 9 months or so as well, nightmare.

Try the Olive Oil, does work for me every now and then to avoid the docs.

Every time the wax blocked my ear I'm about 80-90% deaf and it's always the first time I use the olive oil I go 100% deaf. The olive oil makes it worse for me but has to be done :(

Last time I got it done was before last christmas which up until now is the longest i've been without being affected. It's always been about 6-7 months in between before that for 3 times.

Thank god for the NHS though, free ear syringing unlike the US where they'd charge something like $100 iirc

Edited by lavrentis

Was just relaxing on fifa with my flatmate, nice little game, just getting tired and bang fire alarm goes off. Been stood outside our halls for the past hour, someone smashed the glass and wouldn't admit who it was. Security couldn't reset the alarm either. So wide awake again...

Burnt myself today though. Certain fingers still feeling warm, and bleeding slightly.

Called in at ASDA on the way home. Upon leaving the shop and trying to get into my car, discovered that the battery had gone in my remote. Had to walk home and get the spare key. Massive pain in the trumpet.

Couldn't just pop in to ASDA and buy a battery?

There are others but they were busy with other things today. One had a meeting with the boss of Action Homeless plus there was an event on this morning. I am trying to be involved more though and look as if I'm doing something.

I can post anything if you have stories social and community related. Any concerns or anything you wish to make your voice heard just post on the blog. It is open to anyone.

Was in Apex today and over the next few months a media newsroom is being set up. There is going to be a news desk for Citizens Eye and other branches and one for DNO. Applications will be made to the Lottery Fund to enable to have an editor and sub-editor on a part time paid capacity. I may consider putting my name forward for a sub-editor role. I was not too confident when I started but as I am one of the few 'reporters' that turn up I would like to see if I could do it. It won't pay much but it may enable me to come off JSA if I do that internet job as well.

I just want a name badge to put around my neck really with Ace Reporter on. :)

You should go for the Sub editor position, considering one of the sub editiors recently quit, you might be able to make the magazine decent lol

Did I say one had quit? They had other things to do with Action Homeless. I think it is extra roles being created. Not sure yet as it is still in the planning and setting up. Also I believe it is subject to lottery funding. I was only going on what the editor of Citizens' Eye said so I'll wait until it happens and see if it is suggested to me. I get on OK with the others so they know me and my capabilities so it is up to them.

i have sent you a message Parafox, last week was a bit unusual as i would only do about 50-55hrs roughly normally depending on what shifts i was doing. My best so far has been 89.5hours in one 7 day stretch, about killed me though lol

Got it, replied, cheers

i have sent you a message Parafox, last week was a bit unusual as i would only do about 50-55hrs roughly normally depending on what shifts i was doing. My best so far has been 89.5hours in one 7 day stretch, about killed me though lol

Fuck. Ing. Hell.

On that, although nowhere near as mental, I'm on my 10th consecutive day of work. Two more days until I get the weekend off :scarf:

Edited by FoxyPV

As a recovery from the marathon I treated myself to a Nando's...

Had a double chicken wrap, spicy rice an usedy mates card for a free 1/2 chicken. All extra hot.

Eating bad food was outrageously good and I'm waiting patiently for my Bombay doors to open. Tonight is going to be a shitstorm.

Why is that bad food?

My German Oral Exam went fecking brilliantly yesterday, only got 6 more to go until I'm a free man!

Turn 18 on Sunday, large party at mine on the Saturday, having a great time right now!

My German Oral Exam went fecking brilliantly yesterday, only got 6 more to go until I'm a free man!

Turn 18 on Sunday, large party at mine on the Saturday, having a great time right now!

What's the address? I'll show you young people how to party

Yeah she got a job at a school, and well then if you haven't heard yet, then expect an announcement shortly about one of the sub editors :)

You seem to know a bit. Have I met you? :)

I think the head man at AH wants another coordinator in place. At the moment the original four sub editors are running the mag and to the ones that arrange the funding it may not look professional enough. Although the ones doing it seem to work well together.

Had an email to say the meetings will be once a week at Apex House 1-4pm. The same time as Citizens Eye have theirs so it will be like a newsroom when anyone can drop in, volunteer or get information and maybe we will find a story or two to put out to the public.

I never thought I'd be doing this a couple of years back. Never even knew about Citizens' Eye.

Got the package for the online exam coming at 9am Thurs. Can't reveal about the actual content but its in two parts theory and a 150 task pratical. I expect some of those will just be visiting sites.

I have signed a waver that will take me to some adult content during some jobs so obviously I cannot share them as I would have the old Bill knocking on my door.

Thought it was later. Only 00.30. I have five days to study and complete the test. Today will be going over the notes and guidelines I think.

Even if I pass anything I do will have to be good quality in order to receive the fee.

Edited by Nightguard

You seem to know a bit. Have I met you? :)

I think the head man at AH wants another coordinator in place. At the moment the original four sub editors are running the mag and to the ones that arrange the funding it may not look professional enough. Although the ones doing it seem to work well together.

Had an email to say the meetings will be once a week at Apex House 1-4pm. The same time as Citizens Eye have theirs so it will be like a newsroom when anyone can drop in, volunteer or get information and maybe we will find a story or two to put out to the public.

I never thought I'd be doing this a couple of years back. Never even knew about Citizens' Eye.

No, you wont of met me.

I don't deal directly with DNO, but I work at the AH head office, with the people that do deal with it, so I hear everything that goes on with it.