Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Not a clue what you're on about, but good luck anyway.

Good night

Nor me. Just late night rambling.

Had a phone call off an agency about a job. Its a care worker but I would need to do a training course to get an interview. Had to call a work advisor as it would mean I am unable to attend other interviews for jobs. Not much chance of that though. Only applied for this one as my field for jobs is narrowing.

It is something I would like to try. She said on the phone my age was no barrier. It is a rewarding job but not pleasant. The job I applied for is full time 37 hours over 7 days but if I don't get that at leas I will have the qualification.I will still try for this online job. I was going to get the guideline printed off. Not been on today to look at the first section.

I may be aiming too high after reading the job description and role but it is another slot filled on my job search card for the next few months.

I've got a job interview tomorrow after about 6 months trying.

It's only for Home Bargains but I hope it goes well cos it pays well enough and I really need some money and more importantly just something to do.

Good luck mate, I know the feeling as I've only just got a job after about 6 months.

Edited by RonnieTodger

Astronautics and Space Engineering at Cranfield University. Hoping to find work in the space industry once it's all done - this uni has good ties with the industry.

Going to be an interesting year.

It'll definitely be worth all the work, it's an amazing opportunity if you can get it. My brother-in-law is going to Langley to work at NASA's research centre next summer.

My job advisor has given the go ahead for me to do that social care training course. He said he only said no for a health and safety one because I had don a couple of days agency work and there might be more. Well I would rather miss the occasional day to go on a course that will give me a better chance of more hours and maybe a full time job.

Not sure about this care worker though. Only applied because there is little else suitable for me at the moment. Only replies I have been getting are for jobs I would never have considered a year ago. I've been applying for all the crap non-skilled work and getting nowhere.

I think this shows how many are applying for the crap jobs as they have the most applicants. Not keen on the hours. 37 over 7 days.

The training is Mon-Fr 9-5 one week and Mon-Wed the following week and if I pass I get a level 2 Social care certificate I think.

They must be desperate to consider taking me on. :)

Had the guidelines to the test printed off. Cost about but it's done well. Spiral bound with a plastc cover. Will be useful if I pass and if I do the job as it takes a lot of reading and learning. Will be a little extra money coming in even if I do do another job. Only need do 10 hours or at least claim 10 hours.

Edited by Nightguard

Just gone over the first part of the exam. I am mildly pessimistic With the questions being multi choice able to choose more than one and marks deducted for wrong answers makes it harder. You can get 2 right one wrong in each and only get 50%

Just half a dozen wrong will make a difference and I don't know the pass mark. Should be an automated result.

Failed. They don't give informatiopn on it and I cannot apply again. I have to dispose of all material and guides.

I paid £7 to have it printed off as long as I don't pass it around I will keep it. Can't put anything about the questions on here either.

Oh well I will have to try other things.

Edited by Nightguard

Nice.

Good choice of employment area because space is constantly expanding.

lol

It'll definitely be worth all the work, it's an amazing opportunity if you can get it. My brother-in-law is going to Langley to work at NASA's research centre next summer.

Yeah, there's some great opportunities about. The commercial space industry here and abroad seems to be one of the few areas that the recession hasn't utterly savaged (fvcking coke snorting silk shirt wearing...and so on) because comms companies and the like are always going to need stuff putting up there and new designs.

Guest BlueBrett

I was really looking forward to today only to wake up and find that I've got to go for Dim Sum with my gf and her parents at lunch instead of getting pissed watching Spurs Chelsea in preparation for St Andrews later :nono:

Went and did some volunteering at the BHF shop on Charles Street. It was a trial run and I was put on compiling a letter for their birthday promotion day (December) which will be sent to furniture and electrical stores. Also looked through the Yellow Pages for places to ask for donations.

That's as exciting as it got. It was an enjoyable 3 hours..

I was going to putr my experience with a fire alarm but its in What grinds my gears.

Cheerful bit. which I never mentioned in my previous post. Put a coat on to go to the HF shop and found £5.80 in the pocket. No idea how lon its been there. just put it on rather than a casual jacket. I had white trousers striped shirt (worn over a city shirt) and the jacket so the manageress probably thought I deserved an office type role.

She said the warehouse role would be lifting settees fridges etc. With help I might be OK but not on my own. But she said no I would not be doing that.

Could be on the PC searching for places to contact for donations or for others to visit.

Got a two week course from the 29th for Social care. Chance of a job if I pass but it would be 37 hours over 7 days leaving little time for volunteering. Unless there are part time vacancies. No guarantee my life has gone a step forward. I'm waiting for the two steps back now. :)