Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Went to buffet hut for Sunday Lunch. Wouldn't normally at the moment but spent the £5.80 I found in a coat pocket. I never counted it into the weeks budgeting so I spent around a fiver today. Meal cost £7.50 with all you can eat and free cola.

Went bed for a few hours when I got home. Just felt tired for some reason. About three hours kip. Don't feel sleepy now at 2am. It's an age thing.

Just got back from the dentists for a check up. For someone who lectures on oral hygiene his breath stinks like dogshit.

Ha,I know what you mean,I have a customer that's is a really nice guy ,but I believe I coined the phrase that is used by all at work"he has breath of a 1000 dogshits"

Meeting with DNO team went OK. It was confirmed that a sub-editors vacancy may be available. Only 10 hours a week though. The mone would be equivalent to about the JSA so I would lose that and still could claim housing benefit but I would be working before anyone shouts scrounger.

I do have the training course for care working to do with an interview after. Can do it part or full time. I would rather have the DNO sub-editor role but I'll take anything.

Waiting to hear about the confirmation of the course though. I was asked a lot of questions over the phone (filling a form in) so I assume it was OK.

Busy day - the lecturers here aren't fvcking us about.

Most of us are coming from different backgrounds onto this course, and so they're needing to get everyone on the same page as far as the various aspects of space and engineering go.

Some of my course mates that have studied some of the stuff we're doing now before say we're taking two weeks to cover topics that took them 3 months first time around (to the same depth). Funky shit.

But I'm loving actually having to engage my brain and think about this stuff a lot. The job I had teaching in Korea was brilliant, but it was pretty samey and it was really easy to get bored in your job. This is entirely different.

Little Tokyo is okay but it's pap compared to most of London's Japanese quarter and barely recognizable as Japanese having visited Japan so don't get your hopes up, lav.

If you've any cravings and are ever in the smog, though, I highly recommend you look up Misato. The only place I've ever found genuine value for money with Japanese cuisine in this country. Extraordinarily good value for central London, too.

Little Tokyo is okay but it's pap compared to most of London's Japanese quarter and barely recognizable as Japanese having visited Japan so don't get your hopes up, lav.

If you've any cravings and are ever in the smog, though, I highly recommend you look up Misato. The only place I've ever found genuine value for money with Japanese cuisine in this country. Extraordinarily good value for central London, too.

Ah cheers, tbh finners we need Yoshinoya in the UK. I'd probably eat there everyday, that was value :P

lol I didn't go to a Yoshinoya, I was never that skint haha. Been to one in Hong Kong, though. They have something called Cafe Corale in HK which is similar but a little bit fresher and, obviously, more Cantonese focused.

We said while we were there it'd be massive if they had a franchise in London.

lol I didn't go to a Yoshinoya, I was never that skint haha. Been to one in Hong Kong, though. They have something called Cafe Corale in HK which is similar but a little bit fresher and, obviously, more Cantonese focused.

We said while we were there it'd be massive if they had a franchise in London.

I didn't just only eat Yoshinoya cheeky :lol: ;) , namely in Hiroshima when I met this Japanese girl and she bought us a lush £60 meal!

I miss Japan though. Great place

It is a fantastic place, I'd recommend it to anyone.

I miss my friends more than anything, though. Was gutted when they left and I was just about getting over it when we visited.

Definitely going back. I'd piss a CELTA qualification and walk in to a job teaching but a bachelors is pretty much essential for a working visa which leaves me three options: go back and finish uni, go on a working holiday visa for a year or marry a Japanese girl. :whistle:

No shortage of willing talent, mind. Goldmine. :P

Meeting with DNO team went OK. It was confirmed that a sub-editors vacancy may be available. Only 10 hours a week though. The mone would be equivalent to about the JSA so I would lose that and still could claim housing benefit but I would be working before anyone shouts scrounger.

I do have the training course for care working to do with an interview after. Can do it part or full time. I would rather have the DNO sub-editor role but I'll take anything.

Waiting to hear about the confirmation of the course though. I was asked a lot of questions over the phone (filling a form in) so I assume it was OK.

Told ya there would be an announcement regarding the sub editior position lol. The DNO co-ordinator position has been advertised as from today if you fancy going for it :)

Your commitment to getting a job is admirable. Hope it all works out for you mate.

• Like 1