Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Horrible and great in the same instance. My grandmother passed away the other week, she was in ill health and at the age of 95. So it was expected - yet still unbearable. She taught me many things and many morals to which I hold to this day.

I was asked if I would be a coffin bearer - of course I would. It was my absolute honour to carry her to her resting place. It was great to see so many family members - many of which I'd not seen for far too long. Just a shame it was in such circumstances as these. RIP grandma Nora. Resting in eternal peace. x

Horrible and great in the same instance. My grandmother passed away the other week, she was in ill health and at the age of 95. So it was expected - yet still unbearable. She taught me many things and many morals to which I hold to this day.

I was asked if I would be a coffin bearer - of course I would. It was my absolute honour to carry her to her resting place. It was great to see so many family members - many of which I'd not seen for far too long. Just a shame it was in such circumstances as these. RIP grandma Nora. Resting in eternal peace. x

What a fantastic age to get to and she sounds like she was a brilliant woman, hope you and your family are coping ok and my condolences, may she rest in peace.

• Like 1

I've just got home from a night out with Mrs Isle of Wight Fox.

We met 3 friends from the same family who I've known for about 5 years. Top family.

I told them how much I respected them for what a lovely bunch of kids they are and what a good job their parents had done.

My wife was kicking me under the table but I didn't know why.

Turns out their father is in prison for trying to kill their mother by strangulation. The mother is now in a wheelchair as a result.

I just didn't know but I really put my foot in it.

What a fantastic age to get to and she sounds like she was a brilliant woman, hope you and your family are coping ok and my condolences, may she rest in peace.

Thanks mate. It's tough but we are lucky enough to have a good and strong family bond despite living quite far apart.

I've just got home from a night out with Mrs Isle of Wight Fox.

We met 3 friends from the same family who I've known for about 5 years. Top family.

I told them how much I respected them for what a lovely bunch of kids they are and what a good job their parents had done.

My wife was kicking me under the table but I didn't know why.

Turns out their father is in prison for trying to kill their mother by strangulation. The mother is now in a wheelchair as a result.

I just didn't know but I really put my foot in it.

Sounds like something I'd do too mate. It sounds like an honest mistake and I'm sure the three friends will understand that.

Supposed to have gone in a charity shop today. The shop is having some promotion event week so little time to finish my induction process.

Not had a reply off the agency that had offered me a course for a carer. I thought they said it started on the 31st of this Month which is Monday I think.. Did the paperwork to register on the phone. She was checking up on where the company needed people then getting back in touch if there was a place suitable location. (no good being 5-10 miles away if working unsocial hours)

Still there is the part time media job that may become available. I asked what I would have to do and told near enough what I'm doing now.

I'll give that agency a call. Printed the details off but left them in a carrier bag in the shop I worked in last Saturday and wont go in until next week.

Good Luck. :fc:

Thanks!!

Had the interview, was werid because it was with my current Manager and Assistant Manager (who's shoes I am looking to fill, they have both been promoted up a level each).

I thought it went fairly well and they said that the latest I would hear if i have gotten through to the third and final interview stage is Monday with the regional manager. Literally half an hour after I walked out of the office (and changed back into a track suit!), inhad an email from the regional inviting me to interview on Wednesday!!!!!!!!

REALLY REALLY want this so gonna chill over the weekend and prepare for it on Mon and Tues. not all that religious but if God, Allah, Buddah and the gang are in the mood, pull one out the bag for me boys!

• Like 1

Called that agency up about the training course. Left a message for the one that called me about it but she hasn't got back to me. It starts Monday. When things like this happens it makes it look as if I am not trying to find a job and will make me look bad when I say to a jpob advisor I could not start the course when I told them I was doing it. Will they bellieve me even?

This happens a lot which some cannot understand. Applications are ignored and not replied to. Mainly because they get so many and elimaye the ones they didnt want anyway but because of the equality laws they have to offer the job to all meaning more work for the ones doing the hiring.

I'll go for the sub-editor job now with DNO with a clear conscience now May be ther only firm offer I'll get. :)

Well done Andy. Don't rely on the Gods, theypromise you Heaven then do nothing when you are nailed onto a cross. Anyway its down to you. Congrats.

Edited by Nightguard

Thanks!!

Had the interview, was werid because it was with my current Manager and Assistant Manager (who's shoes I am looking to fill, they have both been promoted up a level each).

I thought it went fairly well and they said that the latest I would hear if i have gotten through to the third and final interview stage is Monday with the regional manager. Literally half an hour after I walked out of the office (and changed back into a track suit!), inhad an email from the regional inviting me to interview on Wednesday!!!!!!!!

REALLY REALLY want this so gonna chill over the weekend and prepare for it on Mon and Tues. not all that religious but if God, Allah, Buddah and the gang are in the mood, pull one out the bag for me boys!

That's fantastic news. Fingers crossed for Weds. :smile: