Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Mr AoWW said we weren't going to get hail / sleet. I'm sitting here looking at a white garden. He lied. :/

Some idiot decided to go pike fishing in that, and the thing is he knew it was going to happen.

I also caught fook all,but mum is taking the kids to Kelling for a few days and the Mrs is working,so I will do it again tomorrow .

Quiet. Because that agency did not get back to me about the training course (starts Monday 29th) I've applied for a Learning Support Worker. Says no experience needed just having a caring nature. Not sure what it means by the job title though.

I have notice a lot of vacancies for care workers. It must really be a shit job and poor pay.

Had a quick tidy up of my kitchen. Well moved some boxes upstairs to my bedroom and put a load of stuff in carry bags ready for the second round when I go through them. One good thing came from it. I found my E reader which I thought I had lost. It was about the last thing I came across. Kitchen wasn't so much untidy but just layered with bags and paperwork. Got about three holdalls.

Quality weekend, took a 4 day weekend as a mate from Sydney was flying down to see me. Was awesome and was just like old times. plenty of laughs and drinking. Dropped her off at the airport yesterday morning then got home and think in a 24 hour period i slept 20 of those hours, i was absolutely ruined.

My Sunday was just fine; I spent it nursing lagers and watching sports. However, I predict that my day on Monday is going to be miserable.

Hurricane Sandy, a menacing monster of a storm that forecasters said would bring “life-threatening†flooding, churned toward some of the nation’s most densely populated areas on Sunday, prompting widespread evacuations and the shutdown of the New York City transit system.

Officials warned that the hurricane, pushing north from the Caribbean after leaving more than 60 people dead in its wake, could disrupt life in the Northeast for days.

If The New York Times is using such language, that means this storm is likely as hazardous as meteorologists fear. I'm more worried about falling trees than flooding where I live (although we'll get both), but if things start getting dangerous, at least I live across the street from a fire station.

Got my haircut (needed it badly) at The Cutting Room in town, would recommend it.. done a decent job and nice guy that did my hair

Mine cost me £3.50 last time I had it done.I was satisfied with it. I don't go with all the styling nowadays.

Moose. No it is not.

If I thought yesterday was a bad day, it got worse today. The washing machine and my car both broke!!!! Think I must of pissed the gods off recently or something lol

You are clearly having the same week as me. Boiler went funny on Friday, on Saturday I got hit by falling embers at a bonfire / fireworks do and burnt the coat I was wearing. Then the car started making a horrible noise, and today is costing me £410 to fix the brakes as the caliper has gone, and warped the 3 month old disk into the bargain. I can only assume the roof is going to fall in on me next. On the flip side, this car shit is all more ticks on the plus side of the company car choice.

Mine cost me £3.50 last time I had it done.I was satisfied with it. I don't go with all the styling nowadays.

Moose. No it is not.

I remember seeing that, that was near Pound stretcher CEX isn't it?

Mine was £20 at The Cutting Room which is the most I've spent on a haircut. It was worth it though, much better cut

Mine was £20 at The Cutting Room which is the most I've spent on a haircut. It was worth it though, much better cut

Once you go for a good hair cut it is hard to go back to cheap joints.

I spend zero pounds on my haircut and have done so for the last 3 years, I saved many pounds and wasted time speaking to some who cares little about my holidays, work, or plans for the weekend.

I used to go to Ron's. The one I went to is on Granby Street. Thought they were a one off but went to Oadby the other week and there was one with the same name. On Granby Street there is a training school for hairdressing so I reckon that's where they've come from. The shop is sparsely decorated.

For a youngish person who has a bit of capital maybe through redundancy it could pay off. There is another place on Granby Street £5.

How long he'll keep the price that low is another matter. Some people will not go because he is cheap. He has to be qualified to do it although maybe not experienced in fancy hairstyling. For a basic trim and tiy up it will do for me. I pay £7.50 for the same thing at Rons.