Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Went to Apex for a DNO meeting with two others. From what I gather they could do the interviews for the sub editor job. I have a chance but I will still have to show that I can do it. The role will mean more involvement and I would need to have knowledge how the everything works. I would have to decide or suggest ideas to improve things. Explain to others about the magazine, go out to interviews and attend meetings. All this in a 10 hour week. I have no experience of editing or been involved in any other media type role. It is a huge undertaking for me but I would like a pop at it.

With all this in mind I would like to do a poll among foxtalkers relating to homelessness but unsure about the question to ask to obtain a fair representative overall thoughts. I want to run it for a week then put the results on the blog. I would like to copy and paste extracts of one or two. No names will be used that are on here. I shall use false ones I am hoping this may attract more responses from outside of Foxestalk. This is just an idea coming out my head as I type so nothing is certain.

Trip to the Job Centre for me tomorrow, will have words about the new site saying it's a joke. And if the woman shrugs her shoulders, I will reply you don't have to use the flaming thing, your ok you have got a job, how about doing a swap and I take your job you effin biatch.

Today I have gone to desperate measures, and wrote down all the shops in town, fosse park, narborough road and highcross. So I have them all listed, just type them in google and see if they have any jobs on there websites.

Best I can do I think, as the new direct.gov website is a load of shit, and jobsite, monster and stuff like that are a load of rubbish as well.

Trip to the Job Centre for me tomorrow, will have words about the new site saying it's a joke. And if the woman shrugs her shoulders, I will reply you don't have to use the flaming thing, your ok you have got a job, how about doing a swap and I take your job you effin biatch.

Today I have gone to desperate measures, and wrote down all the shops in town, fosse park, narborough road and highcross. So I have them all listed, just type them in google and see if they have any jobs on there websites.

Best I can do I think, as the new direct.gov website is a load of shit, and jobsite, monster and stuff like that are a load of rubbish as well.

That's not desperate it's the right course of action that if you persist will eventually get you something. :thumbup: The people who will go out the box and really go out of their with effort will get something.

I printed some off at the jobcentre last time I signed on. Will make my way through them.

There is a Father Christmas job going at St Georges Park.

You been CRB checked?

I printed some off at the jobcentre last time I signed on. Will make my way through them.

There is a Father Christmas job going at St Georges Park.

I found that for one in town I think, might of been Highcross, was so close to applying for it but I am a bit too small.

Don't know how old you are,but Sports Direct are always looking for employees

I think the one I saw was various locations across the UK. Not sure if a driving license is required but it says they may do it by locality.

Not sure about it anyway. Not keen on what people will think of young children sitting on my knee or have they stopped that side of it?

I have a CRB from 3/4 years ago but should be no problem as I was in security. Not sure if having 18 month out of it will affect my chances though. Playing the JSA game atm.

Edited by Nightguard

Tried looking at getting an apprenticeship instead of a job?

Don't want to do an apprenticeship, paying for it yourself and lasting a whole year.

Not for me.

What do you mean paying for it yourself? I finished an apprenticeship last year in business admin, was on £200 a week but at the end they offered me it full time.

They're a great way to get your foot in the door.

All depends on what type of job you're looking for though

Edited by EnderbyFox

What do you mean paying for it yourself? I finished an apprenticeship last year in business admin, was on £200 a week but at the end they offered me it full time.

They're a great way to get your foot in the door.

All depends on what type of job you're looking for though

Job Centre referred me to a place two weeks ago, he mentioned apprenticeships but for retail he said it wouldn't be a good idea to do one, because there would be no point.

Don't want to do an apprenticeship, paying for it yourself and lasting a whole year.

Not for me.

You might be getting mixed up with internships,

Apprenticeships will give you a standard training for their specific work which should give you recognised,transferable trade,and pay you.

Please don't limit your options by ignoring them.

Just about to go out and noticed it was raining a bit so came back.

In my post was a later from the council saying my benefits were suspended. They had been informed by the DWP that my circumstances had changed. Yes they had but not for the better. There was a mix up with my JSA and a couple of days agency work. The DWP stopped then reinstated my JSA. They are automatically informed anbout circumstances (both depts) but it is not stated whether it is up or down. The council informed the DWP about work I declared and altered my benefits. The dwp worked my Jsa out then informed the council who suspended my benefit. If that makes sense.

They sent two letters one for CT one foer rent same wording almost. I just phoned them up and the bloke I spoke to was OK. He looked at my record and said it would be checked. He said all they are told is the change in circumstances.

Supposed to be going to a writers group meeting then a game club but the weather has put me off. Need food as well. Might make it to the take away on sparkenhoe street later.