Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Jusdt applied for job at Maplins. Doubt I will get it. I know little about electronics and it's a new store in Nuneaton. Get there OK if it fits in with the train service. Also when asked what experience with electrnic retail

none

1-2 years

above two years

my answer may not be what they are lookinhg for.

Well at it fills a space on my job search card. Wasn't till I was halfway through the questions got harder but carried on anyway as best as I could.

Jobseekers allowance suspended for 13 weeks for not doing a 4-week unpaid work-experience programme. I turned it down to pursue a work trial with a sports coaching company. Though I didn't get it, it certainly gave me more of a chance of work than doing a 4-week placement with Leicester Riders who rely on volunteers for their shop to operate successfully. Luckily, I'm starting at Next soon so the JSA isn't much of a problem. I was punished for trying to get a job, to sum it up simply. Some of their rules are ridiculous and I'm so glad to be on the other side of it now.

Work at Next until new year and start my apprenticeship after, hopefully.

Edited by RonnieTodger

Mine was suspended for not applying for a job one of them printed off. Despite it being best suited for a more physical younger person with experience in military or a prison.. It was at Glen Parva young offenders prison. I said if one of them came at me with a knife I would be putting my life and possibly other on the line. They said it does not matter we thought this was suitable so you should have applied. saying you would not get the job is not a good reason.

So now I play the JSA game.

Four or more players

1 The government who set out the rules in order to make their figures look good.

2 The ones at the job centre who have to follow the rules and occasionally suspend jobseekers JSA to look as if they are following the rules

3 The genuine job seeker wh looks down the papers jobsites and only applies for jobs he/she can do along with the others in the same line of work

4 The expert. He/she has been unemployed for quite a few years. Knows the rules. Fills in his card every fortnight with 3 applications a week. Sometimes they are unlucky and get invited to an interview. This is where plan B comes into force. They go un-showered and in torn jeans and maybe even piss their pants. They are hoping they will not be offered the job. These players are ignored by the counter assistants at the job centre because they are following the rules

The genuine job seekers on the other hand are new players. They may not see any suitable jobs one week or told to go for one that they know and the staff know is ridiculous. It is then that the counter staff pounce and cry out 'you are suspended you benefit cheat you' The staff are relieve because another target has been met and their job is safe at least for the time being.

The game is over for the job seeker but the other players carry on happily..

Edited by Nightguard

I've gotta go have a chat to start a 4-week work "experience" placement alongside my JSA tomorrow morning.

I'll take it if I'm offered just for something to do and the prospect of a job at the end of it, doesn't affect my money so may as well. Just need to get out the house and do something, sitting at home 5 or 6 days a week is horrifically boring and most jobs I apply for return with "not enough experience" or "better suited candidates" and that bullshit. So if I have a recent experience and reference I'll get a job. Bingo. Or at least that's the plan :D

Yes it's not easy. I started the media stuff for something to do and having an interest in writing. Now have enjoyed the last 18 months TBH. If I had been offered a job early on I would have course taken it but now may take the pension credit option next July. I will still apply for jobs of all types including ones that look good. I will do my best for most but the majority of them I am realistic about my chances. Accepting this makes me less depressed about job searches and going to the job centre every fortnight.

Just looked at my emails and there is one from Lionbridge. They are the ones I did a online exam (failed) for an assessors job.

The email says there is a ad-assessors job going. But whenm I didn't pass they sent an email saying I couldn't apply again. There is a link to an application form and as they still hold my details I can apply through that method. Maybe this is classed as another job. They said to delete all documents I had off them but I had a copy of the guidelines printed off and still have that.

Maybe I should try again. I may have more time to study the answers this time. They took a while contacting me last time.

I may email them and find out I still have the email I set up for them but had started to use it for other things. Going to have to remember my log in details now.

Shitting myself a bit.

The wife is getting a new (2nd hand )car,sent the money direct from our acct into the merc dealers acct.This is a 2 hour max transfer,sent on Tuesday and not arrived,debited our acct,account number correct Nat West adamant it is not there and said will take 2 weeks to sort.Cvnts.Meanwhile no car and a large amount of money missing.Mrs is in a right mood.

Shitting myself a bit.

The wife is getting a new (2nd hand )car,sent the money direct from our acct into the merc dealers acct.This is a 2 hour max transfer,sent on Tuesday and not arrived,debited our acct,account number correct Nat West adamant it is not there and said will take 2 weeks to sort.Cvnts.Meanwhile no car and a large amount of money missing.Mrs is in a right mood.

Ouch >_<

The mrs has got me worried as she is a business banking manager for Lloyds and said this shouldn't happen,does not fill me with hope,and I hate losing a fiver let alone this amount.

And the Merc dealer definitely hasn't received it?

Shitting myself a bit.

If there is a silver lining,your wife may have colleagues who know how to trace it. Good luck.

And the Merc dealer definitely hasn't received it?

no,he repeated the acct number and ref number and its on our acct showing the same number.He just text to say he" has a plan" and will call in the morning.Text to say what,and he hasn't replied.It is Mercedesbenz Tamworth ,so we have been in and know its not dodgy,unless he gave his acct number!He can have a nice holiday with my 16 k.

Looking forward to another weekend where i lose my dignity and self respect. My mates are throwing a house party tonight and needed an excuse to throw it so they told everyone it was my bar mitzvah, I'm not jewish but seems like a legit reason for a party down the coast. Saturday i have a wedding which will finish aroundd 8pm then heading to an engagement party. Sunday will be spent catching up on sleep and going thru my phone cringing as to see who i was texting over the weekend.

Looking forward to another weekend where i lose my dignity and self respect. My mates are throwing a house party tonight and needed an excuse to throw it so they told everyone it was my bar mitzvah, I'm not jewish but seems like a legit reason for a party down the coast. Saturday i have a wedding which will finish aroundd 8pm then heading to an engagement party. Sunday will be spent catching up on sleep and going thru my phone cringing as to see who i was texting over the weekend.

I swear Bar mitzvahs are when you're 14 or something like that?

It's when they start singing in soprano and change to baritone halfway through.

Woman came to measure my kitchen for new units. My boiler's has to be changed as well as it is an antique. Thing is the wall is covered with beer pump clips. Cleared one cupboard out. It had some food in packets etc but I never used them as it meant bending down so just thrown them in a bin bag. Just kept a couple of things. I have an old freezer that needs to be dumped. Use it to put my microwave on. Hoping to have some wall cupboards for stuff as it would make things easier Fridge freezer being mover other side of room.

Should be better but just don't like workmen in my flat if I have to go out. I trust them but I like being on my own and people coming and going is disrupting to my routine. Hopefully it will only take a couple of days. One to rip it all out one to fit it. When I know the date I'll clear it ready.

If I was you I'd be worrying less about texts and more about your penis.