Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Well today I got told off by the Job Centre for not putting enough description down.

Saw some hot girls on the way home, that's about it.

Said that to me a few times when I first became unemployed. It was my fault of course. Only looking for jobs that fitted my qualification skills. I was being honest and saying there was nothing suitable when I should have been applying for any job even though I did not have the required skills.

I know better now. like thousands others I leave it for the employer to throw my application in the wastebin. Going through hundreds of useless CV's gives them something to do. If the employer turns you down at least you have done what is required of you by ticking the right boxes. :)

On the plus side personally. Was expecting to go Braunston today as the Lord mayor was giving a talk somewhere but found out it is next week. It was to be one of my first major assignments as a trainee reporter. A colleage was going with me and we were hoping to interview him about housing issues.

Don't know where the place is though. Near a leisure centre or library. Told it is the no.5 bus.

Bit more hopeful about the sub-editor's job. Just have to be a bit more confident and pro-active which is why I was going there. With it being next week it will give us time to prepare.

Edited by Nightguard

Will be starting at Next tomorrow. Relieved to be handing in the old signing book and not have to put up with that useless twat of an advisor. About time and all.

So I ask for you when I want a discount? :D

I'm sure it is based on the sound of the letter/word not the spelling. Hence F is "eff" and thus "an" is correct.

I'm just going from what I remember when taught but that was a few years ago. I'll let an English teacher decide.

BunkMoreland's got it right, it's all determined by the initial sound of the word. So you use 'an' before a vowel sound (eg an 'ess') and 'a' before a consonant sound (eg a 'yoo-niversity). If that makes sense? :unsure:

BunkMoreMooseChandlerFosseRadovanBreath has it spot on.

I feel dirty.

BunkMoreMooseChandlerFosseRadovanBreath has it spot on.

I feel dirty.

You've forgotten that he was 'iloveyou' too. At least I think that was him. It was almost certainly the quickest account creation/suspension FT has ever seen. :D

Had the most pointless trip into town today/now yesterday if you wanna play smart with me.

Job Centre sent me on this four week thing, every Thursday looking for jobs could of applied to most of the jobs at home instead of going there.

While Town was pretty dire, with the lack of hot girls, seriously poor showing.

I just normally print half a dozen off which doesn't specify driving or female then look at them when I get home. Does not make things easy though with the Directgov redoing their site so it's harder to navigate. Still one application a day is over what they want. Out of them I might get one automated reply then nothing.

On a work program. I'm sure my adviser from there supposed have phoned me Thursday. He's not much use though. He asks if (I have a job yet I say no then he says I'll call you in four weeks. So in essense he has given up on me as well.

With the work program there are supposed to be workshops and training but as I am now over 60 I suppose they reserve the places for those 20-40 age bracket. Also I am quite capable of doing CV's and applications which the workshops show you how to do.

Not been asked to attend any yet anyway or should it be ordered as they stop money if you don't attend.

Spending your Friday evening after work, standing in the cold in a foggy car park, waiting for the RAC man to come fish your keys (as there is no spare) through the passenger window from the boot, wasn't in the least bit stressful...

Keys fished, stress levels reducing. Home and thawing. Wonderful start to a weekend.

Did 10-1 at the charity shop I volunteer at. Never did much. Tried out a couple of kettles and a coffee maker then took some collection bags to their other shop.

Manager still busy so not had the shop floor training yet. Asked her if I could practice my interviewing technique out on her.

Don't know what's up with me . Feel tired. Went bed at 1am got up at 8am. Think I'll have a siesta.

Match is 5.20pm isn't it? Is it on TV? (Sky)

Edited by Nightguard

Did 10-1 at the charity shop I volunteer at. Never did much. Tried out a couple of kettles and a coffee maker then took some collection bags to their other shop.

Manager still busy so not had the shop floor training yet. Asked her if I could practice my interviewing technique out on her.

Don't know what's up with me . Feel tired. Went bed at 1am got up at 8am. Think I'll have a siesta.

Tis.

Yes, it's on Sky

Training?, I was just told to do it.

Think its the tills and things not sure. But someone has to be there for the start.

Yeah I was on the till too, showed me for about a minute and that was it...and it was a right pain you had to key in codes as well as other stuff...I hated it, I'd do anything else but go on the till but sometimes I had to.