Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Read my rota wrong so what I thought was an 8 hour day turned into a 12 hour day - which in turn had an extra hour bolted on the end because some bell-cheese set the fire alarms off do I had to reset the alarms and doors. Fun times.

Meant I missed my bus and as the next one isn't for 2 hours I made an executive decision that the company can pay for my £18 taxi home.

Had a little baby boy this afternoon!!! He hasn't or a name yet - apparantly the little kicker is a Liverpool fan (as his father is too) but he lives in Manchester so when I met the bump a few months ago he had a choice of Leicester, Liverpool or Man City (as he lives in Manchester) he went with my second choice!

No baby gym for him (yet!) just running shoes and a lcfc football!

EDIT : to re-iterate that this is not my baby - its my new baby cousin!

I thought that only happened in soap operas.

The other girls at the counter I work with have been joking that this bookish looking, socially awkward guy from the offices keeps staring at me while I'm working.

I knew which one they meant because he grins anxiously at me every day when I serve him but I'd always been too busy to notice him after that.

Today I actually noticed him and it really creeped me out. I just had to laugh nervously and look away. I tried to ignore him until he left but he's making me really uncomfortable.

Fortunately he seems too shy to actually say anything.

lol

Solid execution of the classic 'other perspective' post. It's hard to pick one favourite part of the post, but I think what I most enjoyed is how naturally you seemed to slot into the role of a girl.

• Like 2

lol

Solid execution of the classic 'other perspective' post. It's hard to pick one favourite part of the post, but I think what I most enjoyed is how naturally you seemed to slot into the role of a girl.

Brilliant lol

Off to London later on today so been up since 4am working :(

On the plus side got a fantastic xmas piss up planned for a couple of days with some old friends, going to take in the racing at Sandown as well tomorrow.

Attempted to do a dry run of a presentation for uni on monday - it turned into a discussion on world domination followed by a combination of stoogely humour and grammar Nazi work. :dry:

Just stand in front of the crowd and pour four pints of milk over your head, you'll be in power by christmas.

Edited by MattP

Guest Col city fan

Just been out for a ruby with the Missis.

Chamelee in Blaby again.. Ate far too much and now unable to move, about to watch Mr. Pilkington...

Guest Col city fan

Your post leaves an intriguing question unanswered. Gross speculation can only assume that it was something filthy and involved the elderly.

lol

:thumbup:

Did overtime at charity shop. Just got home for start of match and first goal. Did some time on the phone desk. Helping to log deliveries and collections. Bloke with me took a break and I thought I had got away with not answering the phone but a woman called and it had to be one name that wasnt recorded right. She wanted to know where the driver was.. I was helped out by the manageress who sorted it out and arranged the collection. Whoever took her call never logged it

Going in Wednesday . The manageress wants me to learn the phone desk role. So if anyone has any furniture or electrical items good condition call me. No sewing machines for some reason. To do with H & S I think risk of being sued. Beds have to have a fire safety label on.

Did overtime at charity shop. Just got home for start of match and first goal. Did some time on the phone desk. Helping to log deliveries and collections. Bloke with me took a break and I thought I had got away with not answering the phone but a woman called and it had to be one name that wasnt recorded right. She wanted to know where the driver was.. I was helped out by the manageress who sorted it out and arranged the collection. Whoever took her call never logged it

Going in Wednesday . The manageress wants me to learn the phone desk role. So if anyone has any furniture or electrical items good condition call me. No sewing machines for some reason. To do with H & S I think risk of being sued. Beds have to have a fire safety label on.

What's the idea behind the name change Ken?

Went skiing (again) this week Hemel Hempstead.We like to do a few things with the kids before Xmas and I got all the gear together in he car and told them we were going to a furniture store,just to piss them off,then rolled up at the snowdome,they were well chuffed.Hemel looked a shithole so drove to St Albans ( General Smuts country) nice City,had aloof around and then for the first time in my life went to Nandos .What an overrated piece of shit,what is the fuss about.i am now knackered but have got to pick my daughter up from a party later.

Just home from a long and time consuming trip to Manchester to see my newborn little cousin. Involved a lot of waiting around as they are massively strict about visiting times and we arrived two hours early (got told the wrong to times!).

1,000,000,000,000 % worth it though - I was praying that he wouldn't be one of those ugly babies (you know the ones) and thankfully, he isn't! I bought him a little Liverpool FC baby grow as his dad is a Liverpool fan so no doubt he will be too - his dad (my aunties partner) loved it! I'll introduce him to his second team (LCFC of course) when he's old enough to appreciate a decent team.

So happy. I've been excited to meet him for ages, there hasn't been a baby in the family since I was 10, so a bit young to appreciate it properly back then. Can't wait for him to grow up so I can be an amazing big cousin to him and baby sit him etc like my auntie used to do to me and my bros when we were kids.

God I sound like a right old one don't I!!

My certificate for passing Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering arrived Friday. Only 4 months after I passed it. There was a letter apologizing for forgetting to send it. I suppose I'm able to do bar work and cafes now if any of them want an older person.

At least it has added another category to my job searches.