Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Did some washing this morning and washed my pocket watch as well which I had left in a shirt pocket. Worse thing is I knew it was there but forgot to take it out. It's working but very slow.. Second hand moving about every 15. It was beginning to lose time anyway so the battery may have been low. Got it off the market. Wonder if I can get a refund? If not may have to try another battery or get another. whichever is cheaper.

Got to do a report on the visit and meeting withe mayor on Thursday before Tuesday. Can't remember all what was said in the interviews but it will be on the video recording. Just doing an overall impression as it was our first trip out for a news report.

It turned out to be an interesting and worthwhile trip. All those interviewed were forthcoming with answers and willing to do further interviews at a later date.

One of the Mayors team interviewed was the Muslim woman that runs the drop in centre that does meals for the homeless. She said there was one bloke walked a 20 mile round trip to get a meal. Not sure if that is on the vid as the battery ran out near the end. But all the interviews need to be seen before a proper judgement of what was said can be made. Don't judge on the little I have just written.

Did some washing this morning and washed my pocket watch as well which I had left in a shirt pocket. Worse thing is I knew it was there but forgot to take it out. It's working but very slow.. Second hand moving about every 15. It was beginning to lose time anyway so the battery may have been low. Got it off the market. Wonder if I can get a refund? If not may have to try another battery or get another. whichever is cheaper.

Got to do a report on the visit and meeting withe mayor on Thursday before Tuesday. Can't remember all what was said in the interviews but it will be on the video recording. Just doing an overall impression as it was our first trip out for a news report.

It turned out to be an interesting and worthwhile trip. All those interviewed were forthcoming with answers and willing to do further interviews at a later date.

One of the Mayors team interviewed was the Muslim woman that runs the drop in centre that does meals for the homeless. She said there was one bloke walked a 20 mile round trip to get a meal. Not sure if that is on the vid as the battery ran out near the end. But all the interviews need to be seen before a proper judgement of what was said can be made. Don't judge on the little I have just written.

Re the watch,I put a phone through the wash once.

Wrap the watch and battery in toilet tissue with the back open.Get some table salt and absolutely bury it.The salt draws the moisture out.My phone worked perfectly after a day.Hope it works.

Could wrap it in something and leave it near a radiator.

Another five minutes advanced since I posted. It may be OK when dried out as it is working to a degree. It only cost a fiver so the battery may cost more. Got off the market. (a foxestalker's stall) so even if the new battery doesn't work I could get another watch and have it as a spare.

Not worn a wrist watch for ages. Make my wrist sore and I always have a phone so no need for one.

Did you manage to get the 'missing' money for Mrs CF's car sorted in the end?

yes,as if by magic it appeared in the morning and they said it had just arrived( we knew this wasn't true) made us a tad nervy the evening before.The guy drove it down from Tamworth straight away,so all good,apart from the fuel consumption 27 mpg!we did know that though.

This going to sound absolutely ridiculous, I know, but I'm promise I'm not tripping or anything!

I have a bush thing in a raised bed a metre and a half from my front door. I don't know what the bush is (I'm not the gardener sort) but it has leaves, which have dropped for winter. This evening, by which I mean in the last few hours, three or four branches, about a metre in length, appear have sprouted out of the thing with leaves on the end. They weren't there before. I know that for certain because they're blocking the route between my front door and my car on the drive. They're not old branches of the bush that have moved in the wind or anything: a) because it's not windy and b) because they are new, moist, spindly branches, like you'd see in spring time.

Has this weird bush just grown several new branches in the last few hours in the middle of winter? Is there a logical explanation? What's going on?!

I realise I must sound like a bona fide lunatic but I'm freaking out here!

This going to sound absolutely ridiculous, I know, but I'm promise I'm not tripping or anything!

I have a bush thing in a raised bed a metre and a half from my front door. I don't know what the bush is (I'm not the gardener sort) but it has leaves, which have dropped for winter. This evening, by which I mean in the last few hours, three or four branches, about a metre in length, appear have sprouted out of the thing with leaves on the end. They weren't there before. I know that for certain because they're blocking the route between my front door and my car on the drive. They're not old branches of the bush that have moved in the wind or anything: a) because it's not windy and b) because they are new, moist, spindly branches, like you'd see in spring time.

Has this weird bush just grown several new branches in the last few hours in the middle of winter? Is there a logical explanation? What's going on?!

I realise I must sound like a bona fide lunatic but I'm freaking out here!

Have you been reading/watching Day of the Triffords?

Do they speak to you 'Feed me, feed me.'

Not the best, had my eye on some bird in one of the coffee shops in the highcross - I go in there a bit and have had small talk with her a few times and seemed like we got on okay.

So today I gave her my card, i said "this is for you, you don't have to use it if you don't want to, but there it is" - that's all I could think of.

She looked at me like i was a well-trodden-in dog shit on the carpet. Now I need to find a new coffee shop because I will look like a right mug in there now. Should have thought of that before really.

Not the best, had my eye on some bird in one of the coffee shops in the highcross - I go in there a bit and have had small talk with her a few times and seemed like we got on okay.

So today I gave her my card, i said "this is for you, you don't have to use it if you don't want to, but there it is" - that's all I could think of.

She looked at me like i was a well-trodden-in dog shit on the carpet. Now I need to find a new coffee shop because I will look like a right mug in there now. Should have thought of that before really.

Keep going in there.

She'll probably be finding a new coffee shop to get away from you! :P

Updated my article about Lord Mayor visit to the Brite Centre. It just needs proof-reading and I have somebody to do that.

Lord Mayor Meets The Public-Brite Centre

On the 6th December I along with Richard and Craig of the reporting team of DNO visited the Brite Centre Braunstone to cover Leicester’s Lord Mayor’s Peter Soulsby Meet the Public Day.

We met at the Clock Tower and it was decided that I was was to be the cameraman.

Arriving in plenty of time we introduced ourselves and our intention to cover the Mayors visit for Down Not Out. We were shown to the staff canteen and given tea and biscuits while we discussed and prepared our strategy.

We were able to film and interview all that attended as well as a promise of further interviews at a later date. A number of issues and concerns were raised about the homeless but we were assured that these would not be neglected. The interviews were conducted in an informal manner and the enthusiasm for their work was apparent. This removed the initial nerves that we felt.

We came away satisfied that we had done a good job on our first reporting field trip for DNO. We are eager to do more of the same. I was pleased with my first session as the man behind the camera. I used a flip camera and after a short tutorial I was able film with .a degree of confidence. At first the filming was a little shaky until I had worked out the zoom control.

The video will be available to view shortly on YouTube, Facebook and the DNO website.

DNO Blogger Ken

You aren't an Analyst and a Therapist are you?

Tobias-Funke-Analrapist.jpg