Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Really shit, Had a root filling on friday, and I've had the combined total of about 4 hours sleep since friday night. Sitting in bed in agony atm but I can do nothing about it, no point trying to get back to sleep. Supposed to be out tonight getting razzled and then a few beers christmas eve but I doubt I'll be doing either at this rate, can barely eat! Just hope things look up on Christmas day and boxing day, 2 of my fave days of the year.

Just saw something absolutely vile on twitter. An account putting naked photos of kids on and blokes actually giving them oral sex.

Just seen this as well, trending because people want him blocked.

Not clicked on full accounts and definitely not getting pics up.

Disgusting freaks out there.

How was your year?

Mine has generally been not great with the generalities and little things but absolutely phenomenal on the big things.

As a result it feels like a momentous year has been a bad one, but is hasn't. Many things have conspired against me and mine and in many ways we're a huge amount worse off than we were at this time last year, but the big things that matter, the happiness of the family is good. 2013 presents new challenges... an update soon in this thread perhaps.

So overall, 2012 is one I'll look back on as an important year in which some milestones were reached and a lot changed. It saw the birth of my first child and I wouldn't change anything about that for the world, but aside from that, good riddance to 2012 and bring on 2013.

Not feeling Christmassy in the slightest.

Fully expecting to get lambasted on here, but this year I really couldn't care less about the whole saga. I don't dislike it, I don't like it, I'm purely not bothered. Infact, I might go into work and catch up on some stuff.

Sitting through the yearly cringeworthy (yes this word is overused on this forum but justifiable here) ceremony of watching my stepfamily compete over how much they have had spen on them whilst simultaneously bragging about how little they have spent themselves is my idea of hell.

My opinion of gift giving is give to those that you want to, and those you love, not put a fvcking cost on it and have a big competition.

I've bought presents for my baby cousin who will be 19 days old tomorrow and no body else. The reason? I don't like receiving presents that I neither need or want, I have always made my own way in this world and absolutely hate having to take advantage of other peoples charity. I made this clear to everyone and honestly hope not to get anything but await the abuse come tomorrow morning when I haven't reciprocated their "generosity".

I do love the family aspect of it, not my horrendous step family, the real family. Having a few beers with my Garn is a highlight of the year. But this year, due to unfortunate complications, I won't be able to see them this year. Instead I've had my mums partner get so smashed every night since he finished work last Wednesday that he has spent every night puking up outside my room and in the garden before passing out on the kitchen floor. His excuse? "It's Christmas" we'll fvck-a-doodle-do lucky me!!!!! Ive been looking after a 47 year old baby for a few days.

Call me Scrooge, the grinch, bah humbug whatever.

This year I'm just not all about it. I do genuinely hope that you have a good'un and hopefully next year I will be back to my normal cheery self, but for now 3 points at Hull is all I could ever want.

Back and doing drunk internet. Great time at the pub seeing a whole load of people I haven't seen in ages. Lots of fun spending time with a nice group of mates, lots of stupid drinking all sorts of booze. Back to the pub in my village to see some of the locals and then round to my mates house with the parents and a few more friends. I've said it before but Christmas spirit is the best. Great time of year!

Had a nice day in Barrow at the Aunts and Uncles house. Cooking for 13 of us is no mean feat, but she usually doesit for 20+. My Grandads wife was invited along with her son whos a bit of a recluse. Every dish containing veg and roast potatoes and parsnips ended up winging their ways down to her end of the table for her and her son. Took me a bit of self restraint to not say something, same for my other uncle too, who has never been that enamoured with his dads new wife (30 years his junior)

Yesterday was a good day in spite of the bad start.

MsFoxy and I were woken at 6 with StepFoxy3 coming through the door off his head. He'd been fighting with his girlfriend over how she treated her daughter (the daughter won't stay with them since her dad, who recently killed himself, made her promise not to stay with her mum since her and StepFoxy3 started living together). The daughter had been persuaded to spend Christmas Eve with her mum and StepFoxy3, only for her mum to get blocked and throw the daughter, 9, out of the house and called her a bitch. StepFoxy3, for all his faults, would not see a child treated like this, took the daughter to her granny's to take her away from her mum. He then went back and fought all night with his girlfriend and ended up at ours coked up and pissed.

He then left again around 7ish to go back over. Apparently he still managed to make a full Christmas dinner for his girlfirend, the daughter, the girlfirend's mum and her partner, whilst still being wrecked.

The rest of the day was uneventful but it just meant that MsFoxy was in constant contact with him to make sure he was ok.

There's more melt but I'm not sure of what happened or the reasons for it but MsFoxy is trying to talk him back into coming home to live.

Yesterday was a good day in spite of the bad start.

MsFoxy and I were woken at 6 with StepFoxy3 coming through the door off his head. He'd been fighting with his girlfriend over how she treated her daughter (the daughter won't stay with them since her dad, who recently killed himself, made her promise not to stay with her mum since her and StepFoxy3 started living together). The daughter had been persuaded to spend Christmas Eve with her mum and StepFoxy3, only for her mum to get blocked and throw the daughter, 9, out of the house and called her a bitch. StepFoxy3, for all his faults, would not see a child treated like this, took the daughter to her granny's to take her away from her mum. He then went back and fought all night with his girlfriend and ended up at ours coked up and pissed.

He then left again around 7ish to go back over. Apparently he still managed to make a full Christmas dinner for his girlfirend, the daughter, the girlfirend's mum and her partner, whilst still being wrecked.

The rest of the day was uneventful but it just meant that MsFoxy was in constant contact with him to make sure he was ok.

There's more melt but I'm not sure of what happened or the reasons for it but MsFoxy is trying to talk him back into coming home to live.

You're so ****ing Irish.

I can honestly say I've learnt a bit today about Christmas. Mum runs a playgroup at a church in town and goes to the churxh weekly too. Dad had the idea of inviting a mum round today with 5kids. Shes a single mum of 5 with 2 dads. Theyve just been served notice to get out their house, so i did have a bit of stereotypical way of thinking about them and her. Apparently because of the situation they wouldn't have had much of a day yesterday.

All ill say is ive never met such utterly decent sweet kids as these. Polite as owt, and they enjoyed every second here today apparently. Learnt a big lesson and wont go on about it anymore as it does make ke deel a bit teary eyed. So glad dad suggested them coming over.

Edited by lcfcstu
  • Like 1