Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

The asst manageress said if any of us training stops late4r anytime we may be shown how to lock the till down. It has to be done after five pm. I'll say one thing for working for them they are willing to teach all aspects of the jobs there. Not many places would do that if in a paid job. They would expect you to know what to do or keep you doing the same things. At one point we were changing prices and had a mini-computer which sent info to a mini-printer to print off labels. Handy gadgets to have. The till is touch screen. Takes a bit of getting used to. Just a matter of remembering the procedure.

The sale ends 2nd Jan but the CD racks are not normally expensive. There will be other promotions to get rid of the older stock. There is a set target the shop is expected to reach each week. Even though it's for charity it is run like a proper business.

Edited by Rincewind

Been on a non stop bender for more or leas the last week and my daily life is starting to become infused with a hazy kind of pissed up swagger. Went into a shop yesterday to buy some cigarettes and gave the cashier a wink and a smile for no reason at all. She was the best part of 50 and dog rough. As I left the shop I turned back and smiled at her again. One of those 'i want to **** you' smiles. She was as confused as ****.

Later I saw this girl I vaguely know in town. Decided i'd try that thing where you approach from behind, put your hand over her eyes and say "guess who" or some shit. Got it completely wrong. She was looking at some clothes on a rack and just as I was reaching out to put my hand over her eyes she bent over and stepped back to look at a price tag, resulting in me apparently thrusting into her backside while simultaneously pulling her head up with my hand over her face. She let out this kind of screech, as if she was being attacked. Her mum who she was with was seriously alarmed. Luckily the girl recognised me and we scraped through an extremely awkward and brief greeting and parted without too much harm done.

Been on a non stop bender for more or leas the last week and my daily life is starting to become infused with a hazy kind of pissed up swagger. Went into a shop yesterday to buy some cigarettes and gave the cashier a wink and a smile for no reason at all. She was the best part of 50 and dog rough. As I left the shop I turned back and smiled at her again. One of those 'i want to **** you' smiles. She was as confused as ****.

Later I saw this girl I vaguely know in town. Decided i'd try that thing where you approach from behind, put your hand over her eyes and say "guess who" or some shit. Got it completely wrong. She was looking at some clothes on a rack and just as I was reaching out to put my hand over her eyes she bent over and stepped back to look at a price tag, resulting in me apparently thrusting into her backside while simultaneously pulling her head up with my hand over her face. She let out this kind of screech, as if she was being attacked. Her mum who she was with was seriously alarmed. Luckily the girl recognised me and we scraped through an extremely awkward and brief greeting and parted without too much harm done.

lol

Sat at my desk for about 8 hours now trying to start a 3000 word technical report... nearly 1000 words down :yawn:

Same. I've got an assignment, trying to summarize three book chapters and two journal articles. Can't be from the same book/jornal. Should have seen me trying to carry the books home on the train when we split for Christmas! Struggling with the word limit, got to be 500 words each chapter but I've done 600/700.

When I turned 60 I was sent a test kit to take samples. Then had to post them off. Not a nice thing to have to do after returning from a break to celebrate my 60th birthday. Given all clear a few weeks later. You should be OK if you are much younger.

Have I got this right , Samples of shit are sent through the post :xmasohmy:

Does Trav know about this?

Same. I've got an assignment, trying to summarize three book chapters and two journal articles. Can't be from the same book/jornal. Should have seen me trying to carry the books home on the train when we split for Christmas! Struggling with the word limit, got to be 500 words each chapter but I've done 600/700.

lol Are you first year? I think the only reason we've been handed the report to do is to get used to referencing and how plagiarism works...

lol Are you first year? I think the only reason we've been handed the report to do is to get used to referencing and how plagiarism works...

Yeah, are you? Oh yeah, I get you. We did one before that wasn't serious, and I got caught out with not referencing quotes correctly from me books.

Bought a second hand car today so I'm finally mobile again. It's a R reg Saxo, for £450, the frigging insurance was £550, how does that work?!??

Pleasant old bloke who sold it to me and I'm happy with the car, particularly its 12month mot!)Given my recent promotion my boss wanted me to buy a brand new car as a treat to myself but as I am the modern reincarnation of Scrooge I ****ing hate seeing money leave my bank every month. I'd rather have a cheap run around than an expensive, gas-guzzling hot hatch like I stupidly had before.

Yeah, are you? Oh yeah, I get you. We did one before that wasn't serious, and I got caught out with not referencing quotes correctly from me books.

Yeah, first year, I'm studying engineering though and this is the first time I've really had to reference (using refworks too).

Those things sometimes stick in your mind, especially when you're on that road. Me and my brother were in town once and saw an elderly woman get hit.

Couldn't imagine being hit by a bus.

I was luckily on the other side of the bus when the people were hit. I ran round to see the damage to ring the ambulance (which I was beaten to by about 5 people - good work London) and saw some DELIGHTFUL stuff. I thought the kid looked worst out of the three and it turns out he was the only one without life threatening injuries. Remind me never to become a paramedic.

Remember when i was very small being dragged along Catherine street by my mum, after primary school and seeing this other kid my age exactly opposite on the other side of the road try to run across and this Capri plowed right into him.

Immediatly all these adults ran over to see if they could do anything whilst my mum dragged me off down the street to avoid seeing what was still happening.

Those things can stick in the mind.

Edited by ithuriel